Larvik is a city in Vestfold. Population: 42412. Size: 530 km2.
From the E18 motorway: follow signs to Larvik.
Local buses and express buses are operated by Nettbuss
- Hirtshals Colorline operates a super fast type ferry on the line, which does the crossing in 3 hours 45 minutes. Tickets for an adult goes for 180 DKK and up, while the price for a car with max 5 passengers are starts at 720 DKK. As of October 21st 2008, departure times from Larvik was 8.00 and 17.30.
There are train connections from Larvik to the following airports:
- Oslo airport Gardemoen (IATA: OSL) (At Gardermoen)
- Sandefjord airport Torp (IATA: TRF). (Nearest Airport)
The Norwegian state railways (NSB) has departures for Oslo once every hour throughout the day, journey time for Oslo is 2 hours 6 minutes on most departures. There is also two daily trains to Stavanger, the western terminus of the southern railway line.
- Bøkeskogen. Norways largest beech forest.
- Herregården. Former residence for Ulrik Frederik Gyldenløve. The building started in 1674.
- Svenner lighthouse.
- Culture House 'Bølgen' (means the wave in English).
- Becks Brasserie & Bar (Becks Brasserie & Bar). One of the best eating and drinking locations in town.
- Farris Bad (Farris Bad).
- Oddane Sand camping (Oddane Sand camping). The sunny place to be!
|Routes through Larvik|
|Kristiansand ← Skien ←||W E||→ Sandefjord → Oslo|