Laoag is a city and the provincial capital of Ilocos Norte.
- Philippines airlines from Manila. Flies 10 X a week.
- Cebu Pacific Air from Manila. Flies daily
- Mandarin Airlines from Kaohsiung.
- Hong Kong Express Airways from Hong Kong.
- Farinas - Station in Manila on Dapitan and Lacson
- Florida - Espana
- Partas - Baguio (Gov. Pack Road), Cubao-Aurora, Manila-Sampaloc and Pasay
- Philippine Rabbit - Baguio (Gov. Pack Road)
- Maria De Leon - Station near University of Santo Tomas, Dapitan and Lacson
The GMW Trans a/c bus fare from Laoag city to Tuguegarao city 300 kms. is p455 and takes 7 hours.
- Calesa - Horse-drawn carriage
- Ilocos Norte Museum. 9AM to 5PM closed: Mondays. Entrance: P 50.
- Tobacco Monopoly.
- Sand Dunes, La Paz. The only desert in the Philippines. 4x4 vehicle recommended to appreciate the desert beauty.
- Sinking Belltower. Named so because it slowly sinks into the soft soil of the city. A decade ago, the entrance was still tall enough to let a man on horseback enter. Now not even a man could enter.
- Tabacalera, Assorted Stores.
- 4x4 Off Roading.
- Relax, Unwind, Enjoy Nature.
- Sand Bording.
- Banana Chips.
- Hand Woven Baskets.
- Ilocano Records (CDs).
- Ilocos Vinegar.
- Taro (Kamote) Chips.
- Robinsons place mall, Brgy 51 (just off manila north road), ☎ 781-2595. 09.00-20.00.
- S M City Mall, Gov Julio Agcaoili St. 09.00-20.00.
- Cailian Grill (along Bacarra Road).
- Cristine's Miki.
- Dap-Ayan. try the Laoag Empanada along Rizal Street near Provincial Capitol
- Dawang's, San Nicolas. try their crispy dinuguan
- La Preciosa (along Rizal Street near Ablan Avenue).
- Macy's Diner, Gen Segundo Ave. cor M.H. del Pilar St (Coming from the Sinking Bell
Tower: Walk northbound for approx 200 meters (2 small blocks).), ☎ +63 77 770-3551. 8:00 - 20:00. An American 1950's inspired restaurant. Serves most of your favorite American, Chinese, & Filipino foods. As low as Php 79 per meal.
- Saramsam (along Rizal Street Infront of Texicano Hotel).
Giannis - along Mckinley Street, Brgy 10, behind Provincial Capitol. Giannis offers great food, ambiance, music and vibe. Try their baby back ribs (no MSG) with Giannis fried rice.
- herencias cafe, paoay ilocos norte. try pinakbet and dinuguan pizza
- Gertes Resort, Brgy. Balatong, ☎ +63 77 786 - 10 53. The hotel offers air-conditioned accommodation rooms, all equipped with cable TV, Wi-Fi connectivity, telephone, and also comes with complimentary breakfast. Some of its facilities are Gertes Restaurant, Bare n' Bloom Spa, swimming pools, and business center. Rates on official website start at PHP 900.00.
- Hotel Tiffany, Gen. Segundo Ave Cor. M.H. del Pilar St, ☎ +63 77 770-3550. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Offers 24 guestrooms, all of which have air-conditioned, cable television, and private toilet and bath. Some of its amenities include high-speed Internet access, room service, and wake-up call. Best rates on official website start at PHP 1170.
- Ilocos Rosewell Hotel, Brgy.1, San Francisco National High-Way San Nicolas, ☎ +63 77 670-6528. Offers 22 air-conditioned guestrooms, all of which have cable TV, free Wi-Fi, mini-bar, and a telephone. Some of its amenities include massage service, laundry and dry cleaning, wake-up call, and airport and city transfers. Best rates on official website start at PHP 1,200.
- Isabel Suites, Bacarra Road, Laoag City (beside Jollibee Bacarra road), ☎ +63 77 770-4998, +63 77 771-1900.
- Java Hotel, Bacarra Road 55-B, Salet (Fariñas Caltex Station), ☎ +63 2 246-1010. A hospitable place with touches of Balinese, Moroccan, and Spanish style decoration. Both offers rooms, suites, and dormitory-type quarters. Rates start at PHP 1980.
- Renzo Hotel, Brgy.19, Santa Marcela, Rizal cor. Guerrero Street, Laoag City, ☎ +63 77 770-4898, +63 77 770-5288, fax: +63 77 607-0861.
- Playa Tropical Hotel Ilocos, Barangay Victoria, Ilocos Norte , Philippines. A Balinese inspired hotel located in the heart of Currimao, 25 minutes from Laoag Int'l Airport and 45-1hr away from Vigan. The hotel has a seafront view of calm waves and fine sand beaches where you can do water sports activities like kayaking, pedal boating and skim boarding. Php3800.00.
- Plaza del Norte, Barangay 41 - Balacad, ☎ +63 77 670 8818. It offers 96 exquisitely designed rooms, all of which have air-conditioning system, cable TV, private toilet and bath, phone and coffee/tea maker. Some of its amenities include high-speed Internet access, swimming pool, and restaurant, bar and café. Rates start at PHP 2,500.
- Texicano Hotel, Rizal Aveune., ☎ 7720209. Fan single/double room with out side bathroom. Fan single/double rooms with own bathrooms. a good place for Backpackers to stay in Laoag city. has 50 rooms. can pay with visa/mastercard p 350/410/470.
- Pichay Lodging House, P Lazaro corner Heranado streets, ☎ 77-7721267. Fan double rooms with own bathroom. has 25 rooms. p350.
- Star Light Lodge., Ablan Avenue., ☎ 77-7721267. fan single/double rooms. has 19 rooms. p270-550.
- Hotel Del Norte, 28 Fonacier street, ☎ 09204751073. Fan single room with own bathroom. Fan single/double room with own bathroom and cable TV. a/c double with own bathroom and cable TV. p 380/500/600/750.
- Supertram Lodge, Hernando Avenue, ☎ 077-7705175. Fan double room with own bathroom. A/c double room with own bathroom. p 500/600.