For the city in Northern Thailand, see Lampang.
- Bandar Lampung - the capital city of the province
Krui is the principal port on the virginal west coast of Lampung Province. While the town itself is rather rough and unattractive, there are vast gorgeous white sand beaches stretching for miles and kilometers and miles to the north and south.
- Way Kambas (elephant school) is about 2-3 hours drive from Bandar Lampung. You can ride elephants and watch the show for a small admissino charge.
- Krakatau is an active volcanic island in the Sunda Strait.
- Pasir Putih Beach is a busy tourist area with beautiful reefs and very calm waves.
A visit to Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park, or surfing at Karang Nyimbor, Tanjung Setia, are highly recommended.
Some local specialities are:
- Seruit is grilled freshwater fish with special spicy sour sauce made of fresh small chilli, baked shallot, shrim-paste, with sour taste taken from either 'blimbing wuluh' or 'rampai' with sparkles of citrus juice, serves with fresh salad or boiled cassava leaves or boiled eggplants. You can find this speciality at Rumah Warung restaurant in Kawasan Sentra Industri Keripik (banana chips industry area) Kedaton, Bandar Lampung
- Pindang Lampung is made from either seawater fish (Kembung or Baung) or fresh water fish (gold fish or Patin) with tasty sour soup, served with fresh cucumber and kemangi, you can find as well in Rumah Warung, for info call +62 721 9011173
- Tempoyak is preserved duriant to make sambal, just add spice and stirfry or cook with other dish, smells delicious, tasty duriant
- Kopi Lampung is special home made arabica coffee
- Kripik Pisang - crunchy fried banana chips available natural, or adulterated with chocolate, cheese, strawberry, milk or a range of other flavours.
- Kripik Raja Ikan - fish flavoured crispy fried crackers.
- Sambal Lampung - even by Indonesian standards this sambal (spicy sauce) is fierce and fiery. Look for it freshly made at roadside vendors, or in bottled form at food stores.
- Mie Kodon - a wheat based noodle served in a huge variety of ways, often with Sambal Lampung. Could be fried or in a soup format.
- Bandar Lampung has many city hotels across a wide range of budgets.
- Accommodation in the relatively undeveloped, remote regions of Lampung Province, is very basic and few people are fluent in English.