Lake Michigan Beachtowns
The Lake Michigan Beachtowns are a string of small- to medium-sized cities along the shoreline in West Michigan. They feature several harbors for lake-going boats and countless miles of sandy beaches on the freshwater inland sea of Lake Michigan.
From south to north, the most noteworthy cities and towns are:
- Harbor Country - a group of villages in the southwest corner of the state
- Benton Harbor-Saint Joseph
- South Haven
- Grand Haven
- Manistee National Forest
- Harbor Country is a small region at the southern end of the Beachtowns region
- The Leelanau Peninsula is up the coast to the north.
- Grand Rapids is half an hour or so inland from Holland or Grand Haven.