La Ciotat is in Bouches-du-Rhône.
La Ciotat is in the middle between Marseille and Toulon. A former shipbuilding centre, now it is a nice resort. It is often associated with Lumière Brothers and their first films.
- Office de Tourisme (Tourist Office), Quai Ganteaume (near the Old Harbour), ☎ +33 4 42 08 61 32, e-mail: email@example.com. Summer 9h00 – 20h00 Monday to Saturday 10h00 – 13h00 Sunday and Public Holidays; Winter 9h00 - 12h00, 14h00 - 18h00 Monday to Saturday.
- Train station. is out of town — about 4.5 km. As a matter of fact this very station was shot in one of a very first films ever: L'Arrivée d'un train en gare de La Ciotat ("The Arrival of a Train at La Ciotat Station"), made by Lumière Brothers in 1895. There is a bus from the station into the town.
- Vieux Port (Old Harbour).
- Vieille Ville (Old town). There are some notable buildings are rue Adolph Abeille and the rue des Poilus
- Church of Notre Dame de l'Assomption (right at the Vieux Port). built in the 17th century
- Chapelle des Pénitents Bleus, Boulevard Anatole France. The 17th century currently hosts temporary exhibitions.
- Eden Théâtre, Boulevard Georges Clémenceau, ☎ +33 4 42 83 89 05. Opened 16 June 1889, perhaps the oldest working cinema theatre in the world.
- Musée Ciotaden, 1, quai Ganteaume, ☎ +33 4 42 71 40 99, e-mail: contact@muséeciotaden.org. Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays; In summer: from 1 July to 31 August, 16:00 to 19:00; In winter: from 1 September to 30 June 15:00 to 18:00. Adults: 3.5 € - Children accompanied: Free up to 12 years.
- Covered Market, place Evariste-Gras. A restored building of a former market, now hosts a Cinema Frères Lumière (Lumière Brothers cinema). There is also a nice square and a small street on its NW side.
- Parc du Mugel (at the W coast of calanque Mugel), ☎ +33 4 42 08 61 32, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. From April 1 to September 30 from 8:00 to 20:00; from October 1 to March 31 from 9:00 to 18:00. It is a municipal park and botanical garden. The park is listed among the Notable Gardens of France. There are also some nice trails leading to calanques (characteristic coves) — well worth exploring. free.
- L'Ile Verte (Green Island). Between April and October there is a ferry service to the island.
- Le Napoleon, 31, Quai Francois Mitterrand (Vieux Port), ☎ +33 4 42 82 37 03. simple, but reasonably good food, presumably Corsican.
- La Tete d'Ail, 13, Boulevard Anatole France, ☎ +33 4 42 36 99 20. "Head of garlic" -- nice food with a bit of creativity.