Kumily (Malayalam: കുമളി Kumaḷi) is a town in Kerala State in South India. It is in the Cardamom Hills near Thekkady and the Periyar Tiger Reserve, in the Idukki District. It is a major tourist destination and a spices trading center. Kumily is an access point for many Kerala bound merchants and labourers. The place is in close proximity to the bordering places in Tamil Nadu.
The nearest airport is Madurai and so is the Railway Station but since it is on the Kerala side it would be wise to get in via Kottayam.
Bus from Kottayam. Buses from Tamil Nadu, especially Madurai at a distance of 120 km.
Taxis and Autorickshaws.
- Hill View Park.
- Spice fields.
- Spices. Enjoy the Spicy flavours of Kerala. Walk among the cardomom plantations. Shop for spices.
Spices and Condiments, Various types of Tea (Masala, Vanilla, Coca late, Cardamon), Coffee beans & powder
- Hilltop Spices, Kumily (Kerala, 685509), ☎ +91 9953865830, +91 9447472413. Wholesale & Retail Dealers in Cardamom, Pepper, Clove & Cinnamon etc, which are local grown.
- Red Frog, ☎ +91 4869 224560, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. for Musical instruments, home accessories and spices
- Lord's Family Restaurant on the main road of Kumily, in the center. The "Navrathan Kurma" is wonderful.
- Spice Village (Buffet Restaurant).
Lot of hotels and home stays are available.
- Coffee Inn. ₹400.
- Michales Inn (on way to Thekkady).
- The Pepper Valley Stay (on way to Thekkady). Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Budget.
- Spice Village. 210 dollars..
- Taj Garden Retreat. 32 cottages built on stilts. 169 Dollars..
- Woodlands Prime Castle (on way to Thekkady). Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Budget.