Kuhmo is a small town and municipality in Finland.
- Kuhmo Arts Centre (Kuhmo-talo), Koulukatu 1, FI-88900 Kuhmo, Finland, ☎ +358 8 615 55451. The Kuhmo Arts Centre offers a great variety of high quality congress spaces right in the city centre of Kuhmo. The Lentua hall and Pajakka hall also offer facilities for groups from 99 – 668 people. The woodwork of the uniquely beautiful Lentua hall was crafted by local carpenters. Restaurant Juttua offers tasty meals during the intervals. As Kuhmo is famous for chamber music as well as traditional folk music, it is also possible to be entertained by musicians and artists from local students up to international celebrities between your meetings.
- Kuhmo Chamber Music Festival (Kuhmon Kamarimusiikki), Torikatu 39, FI-88900 Kuhmo, Finland, ☎ +358 8 652 0936. Leading chamber musicians transfix the town of Kuhmo in Eastern Finland every July with a skilfully designed festival programme, inimitable concerts, beautiful surroundings and sunlit nights that open the senses to new and sublime delight. Kuhmo lies amidst the forests and lakes of eastern Finland, some 600 kilometres north of Helsinki. The nearest railway station and airport are in Kajaani, with connections to Kuhmo by bus and taxi. Concerts are held in the acoustically superb Lentua Hall of the Kuhmo Arts Centre, in the assembly hall of Kontio School, and in the town’s fine old wooden church. Although these venues are all within easy walking distance of one another, cycling remains the preferred mode of transport for both artists and audiences alike. 0-37 euros/a concert.
- Jolly July (Hilpeä heinäkuu), Torikatu 39. Jolly July is an important part of the Kuhmo summer: a time when there’s plenty for all the family to do together – culture, nature and exercise. Grasp the activity summer with both hands! Don’t be put off by the heat or the rain. July is just for you and your children, just for you and your parents and grandparents. Fun, dreams, music, silence, feeling good, being together and surprises.
- Kuhmo Culture Celebrates Winter (Kuhmon Talvi), c/o Kuhmo Chamber Music, Torikatu 39, FI-88900 Kuhmo, Finland, ☎ +358 8 652 0936. Kuhmo Culture Celebrates Winter is held every year in the beginning of January. It is a joint arena for the organisers and artists of various events, some of them internationally-acclaimed, it is a showcase for some of the best Kuhmo culture: music of many kinds, dance, exhibitions, film, nature photo and literary evenings. The aim of Kuhmo Culture Celebrates Winter is to present a wide selection of culture both to local residents and to people from further away. It is organised by Juminkeko, the Sommelo Music Festival, the Kuhmo Chamber Music Festival, the City of Kuhmo, the Kuhmo Arts Centre and the Petola Nature Centre.
- Hotel Kalevala (Hotelli Kalevala), Väinämöinen 9, 88900 Kuhmo, ☎ +358 86554100. Check-in: 14.00, check-out: 12.00. Hotel Kalevala is in a unique setting by the Lake Lammasjärvi, 3 km from Kuhmo centre. Hotel is an excellent choice for a Winter holiday, Christmas holiday, short break, special occasion or family holiday, for Business or pleasure. Almost all rooms (44 double rooms and 3 suites) have a great lakeview. Our Wellbeing department offers 2 traditional saunas, a peat sauna, infrared sauna, jacuzzi for 7 persons, herbal Jacuzzi, acumassage-bed, variety of massage (traditional massage and Traditional Finnish Bone Setting) Restaurant with an enviable setting to dine in with spectacular views over the lake. Our cuisine is designed for international taste whilst using local produce, meats and techniques. 126,00.
- Articmedia, Kivikiekintie 938, 88 900 Kuhmo, ☎ +358 505790947. We offer high quality wildlife watching tours in Kuhmo area. You can see and photograph many different species from hides and by hiking, like brown bear, wolf, wolverine, golden eagle
- Tulijärven Tuvat, Mäntyrannantie 41 88900 KUHMO (10 km to Kuhmo town), ☎ +358 44 5942757. A Holiday village for the whole family. Cottages with full amenities used at any time of the year. Beautiful, peaceful and fresh wildlife around lake Tulijärvi. Versatile terrain for hiking, berry-picking, hunting and many other activities (in winter a wide ski track network), concerts of the Kuhmo Chamber Music Festival and sport events!
- Boreal Wildlife Centre, Viiksimontie 2991, 88900 Kuhmo. Room accommodation in middle of wilderness in beautiful place next to beautiful lake. Elimyssalo and Iso-Palonen hiking areas are near to the centre. Wildlife watching (bear, wolves, wolverine and birds).
- Hotel Kainuu (Hotelli Kainuu), Kainuuntie 84, FI-88900 Kuhmo, Finland, ☎ +358 8 655 4100.