- by plane - the international Lech Wałęsa airport at Gdansk
- by car - from Gdańsk by the route 201 just east along the coast and the Vistula Peninsula.
- by train - (PKP)
- by bus - (PKS)
The sea resort is not very big, so you can easily walk on foot or rent a bike. As it is situated on the Vistula Peninsula it is not easy to get lost.
- The long distance footpath the Jantar Szlak (translates: Amber Way) begins in the town and runs all the way to Gdańsk along the coast, signposted with PTTK, yellow horizontal stripes on a white rectangle.
- If you feel annoyed by the crowds everywhere, try moving to the Piaski village, 15 km further. It looks more like a typical Polish village. You won't have a problem with finding accommodation, although there's lack of the posh hotels. The beaches are almost empty comparing to those in Krynica. You'll almost certainly meet wild boars wandering around. Also you can walk along the beach to the Russian border (don't try to cross it even if you can't see the soldiers!).
Smoked fish (including the delicious, but expensive, eel) are available from many restaurants and roadside stalls.
- MetaCamp (MetaCamp:Krynica Morska), Gdańska 128 (located in downtown Krynica Morska), ☎ +48 605520941. Check-in: 8AM, check-out: 10AM. Independently run campground that specializes in providing affordable accommodations to individuals, families, and groups. Spots are available from single tent to full-size camper. In business since 1994. 10 pln 18+.
- Pommeranian metropol Gdańsk with a beautiful old town and the biggest gothic brick church worldwide
- sea resort Sopot with the longest European mole (wooden pier)
- sea resort and port Gdynia with the biggest Baltic port
- sea resort Puck
- medieval town of Elbląg
- sea resort and medieval town of Frombork with the grave of Nicolaus Copernicus
- sea resort Kadyny with one of the best European studs
- Slowinski Nationalpark with the biggest dunes in Europe
- sea resort Rowy
- sea resort Leba
- sea resort Jastrzebia Gora
- sea resort Rozewie
- sea resort Wladyslawowo
On the Hel Peninsula: