The town motto is "Well worth a visit".
Just off the A65 road. It is about 7 miles from Junction 36 on the M6 motorway.
- Devil's Bridge.
- Ruskin's View.
- River Lune.
- The Old Market Square.
- Devil's Bridge during August Bank holiday. Extremely busy with local biker population around Devil's Bridge, which also traditionally has a large carboot sale.
- Victorian Fair, first weekend in September. The streets and local shops re-enact a Victorian street scene. It is immensely popular and the whole town is closed to through traffic. Parking is available in the area but the price is not cheap. A "Park and Ride" system is normally in operation due to popularity and lack of parking space.
- There are plenty of Pubs and cafes in Kirkby Lonsdale.
- Dale's Butchers. for nationally award winning sausages and homemade pies. Popular with locals and visitors alike.
- Chip Shop Take Away, Jingling Lane. Very busy small chip shop, queues out the door can be seen during opening hours!
- The local supermarket is Booths.
- Avanti. Modern and fashionable wine bar with excellent restaurant.
- The Snooty Fox. A pub is a lovely old-style English pub, with spacious, comfortable bedrooms.
- The Orange Tree. Has six comfortable, affordable rooms. Has a lively atomosphere and a superb restaurant, with Wednesdays as special priced Steak night!
- Kirkby Lonsdale is a good starting point for further exploration of the Lake District.
- Visit the Trough of Bowland in north Lancashire.
- The Yorkshire Dales are just a few miles away.
- Visit the nearby village of Dent where potholing is a favourite pastime in the area; Check out "the Bull Pot".