- For other places with the same name, see Kingman (disambiguation).
Kingman is the county seat of Mohave County, in Northern Arizona.
Kingman is the midpoint of the longest remaining stretch of the legendary Route 66, which reaches east of Seligman and goes west to the Colorado River at Topack/Golden Shores. It also boasts no less than forty buildings listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Before automobiles became the primary mode of transportation, Kingman was a major railroad hub for the AT&SF railroad. These factors all combine to make Kingman a city rich with history.
- Kingman Visitor Center, located in the Historic Kingman Powerhouse, 120 W Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-753-6106, fax: +1 928-753-6156, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 8AM-5PM. The Kingman Visitor Center has information on most of Arizona and Route 66 and is housed inside the Powerhouse Visitor Center which is also home to the Arizona Route 66 Museum, Route 66 Electric Vehicle Museum, Carlos Elmer Photo Gallery, Bob Boze Bell's "The 66 Kid" Exhibit, Historic Route 66 Association of Arizona & Memory Lane Gift Shop, and the Grand Canyon Skywalk (CGRC) Information Center.
Kingman can also be reached via Historic Route 66 from the East at the Crookton Rd. exit #139 just past Ash Fork, or at Seligman. From the west at the Topock junction off of I-40, just past the AZ/CA state line.
Kingman can be reached from Las Vegas via US 93. This trip has the added bonus of crossing the Hoover Dam.
- McCarran International Airport (IATA: LAS), 5757 Wayne Newton Blvd, ☎ +1 707-261-5211, fax: +1 707-597-9553. LAS in Las Vegas is the nearest major airport, about 100 miles (160 km), a 2 hour drive, northwest of Kingman is served by many domestic and international air carriers. Discount air carriers serving LAS include Southwest Airlines.
- Kingman Airport (IATA: IGM), 7000 Flightline Dr, ☎ +1 928-757-2134, fax: +1 928-757-9871, e-mail: email@example.com. IGM is also a general aviation airport with fuel, tiedown parking, and major airframe and powerplant support services available.
- Amtrak's Southwest Chief, 106 4th St. Daily: 11:46AM for westbound trains and 1:33AM for eastbound trains AZ MST. Hours are subject to daylight savings time. This stop has no ticket office and no Quik-Trak ticket machine so tickets must be purchased at another station or online.
- Greyhound, Located in the USA Travel Center, 953 W. Beale St., ☎ +1 928-753-1818. Call for departure/arrival times.
- Gotobus, 915 W. Beale Street (76 Gas Station), ☎ web only.
Old Route 66 is called Andy Devine Avenue in Kingman.
- Kingman Area Regional Transport (KART), ☎ +1 928-681-7433, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Kingman's public bus system has four lines, operating six days a week. A brochure and route map is available online. $5 (all day pass), $65 (monthly pass).
- Bonelli House, 430 E Spring St, ☎ +1 928-753-3195. M-F 11-2:30 and by appt. A historic house listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Kingman Army Air Field Museum, 4540 Flightline Dr, ☎ +1 928-757-1892, e-mail: email@example.com. Winter W-Su 10AM-3PM, summer Th-Su 9AM-12PM. Hours are subject to change so please call in advance. Kingman was home to one of the largest Army Air Corps training bases during WWII. This museum explores the history of the base. $5 (adults), free (kids under 12).
- Mohave Museum of History & Arts, 400 W Beale St, ☎ +1 928-753-3195, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 9AM-5PM, Sa 1PM-5PM.
- Route 66 Museum, 120 W Andy Devine Ave (in the Powerhouse Visitor Center), ☎ +1 928-753-9889, e-mail: email@example.com. Daily 9AM-5PM. The Route 66 Museum depicts the historical evolution of travel along the 35th parallel that became Route 66. Our brilliant murals, photos and life-size dioramas capture each of the groups that have traveled the route that has come to be known as the Mother Road. The museum now includes an historic electric vehicle exhibit. There are approximately 16 vehicles dating from the late 1800's to the present, including Willie Nelsons golf cart and the Ohio State University Buckeye Bullet, which recently set the land speed record for an electric vehicle $4 (adults), $3 (seniors), free (under 12).
- Kingman Railroad Museum, 402 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-718-1440, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Housed in a restored depot built in 1907, this small museum displays artifacts from the Santa Fe Railroad and 3 different model railroad layouts $2 (adults), free (children under 5).
- Locomotive Park, 315 W Beale St, ☎ +1 928-757-7919. Home to famed steam engine #3759. Free.
- Hualapai Mountain Park, 6250 Hualapai Mountain Rd, ☎ +1 928-681-5700. This park features hiking on ten miles of trails, picnicing, and camping. Cabins are available for rent (see listing below). The park also has three group activity areas for reunions, company events, weddings, etc. The largest site can accommodate 500 people.
- Monolith Garden Trail. Open to hikers, mountain bikers, and equestrians, this 7-mile trail meanders through interesting volcanic formations. There is little shade and no drinking water; watch out for rattlesnakes. Free.
- White Cliffs Wagon Trail Park, White Cliffs Rd. Dawn to dusk. This is part of an old wagon route used by miners in the late 1800s; the tracks were cut into the bedrock and depression alongside were used for posts and stubs to help pull the wagons. The trail is now popular with hikers and mountain bikers. A good trail description can be found here. Free.
Festivals and events
- Route 66 Fun Run, ☎ +1 928-753-5001, fax: +1 928-753-5852, e-mail: email@example.com. Held annually at the beginning of May.
- Kingman Hog Days, 2501 Beverly Ave (Mother Road Harley Davidson), ☎ +1 928-757-1166. A three-day event in late April celebrating Harley Davidson.
- Hualapai Mountain Park Craft Fair & Swap Meet, Rec Area #1 (Hualapai Mountain County Park), ☎ +1 928-681-5700. 9AM=3PM. Held the first Sunday of July and August. Free.
- Mohave County Fair, 2600 Fairgrounds Ave (Mohave County Fairgrounds), ☎ +1 928-753-2636. Held annually in September.
- Andy Devine Days Rodeo, 2600 Fairgrounds Ave (Mohave County Fairgrounds). Held annually in late September, includes bronc riding, barrel racing, and bull riding. $8-$10 (adults), $4-$5 (children).
- Kingman Cancer Car Arts & Crafts Festival. November.
- Best of the West on Route 66 Festival, Locomotive Park, Historic Downtown Kingman (On Andy Devine, across the street from the Historic Powerhouse Visitor Center). Held annually in late september. Kingman is drawing from the success of the 2014 International Route 66 Festival with what is expected to be the first Annual Best of the West on Route 66 Festival in 2015. The Festival provides all of the elements that tourists and locals love about Kingman – classic cars and cowboys!
- Chillin’ on Beale Street!, 400 Block of E. Beale Street, ☎ 928-897-6039. 3rd Saturday of the Month, April through October 5pm - 8pm. “Chillin’ on Beale Street” is an old fashioned block party & classic car show with cars, music and socializing.
- Historic Route 66 Association of AZ Gift Shop, 120 W Andy Devine Ave (Route 66) (downstairs in the Powerhouse Visitor Center), ☎ +1 928-753-5001. Daily 9AM-5PM. Home of the Historic Route 66 Association of Arizona, large selection of unique Route 66 memorabilia.
- Kingman Visitor Center Gift Shop, 120 W. Andy Devine Ave., Kingman, AZ, main floor in the Historic Kingman Powerhouse, ☎ +1 928 753-6106, toll-free: +1-866-427-7866, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 8AM-4:45PM daily. Gift shop offers predominantly American & Arizona made items.
- Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, 3520 Stockton Hill Rd, ☎ +1 928-757-9000. Very nice and pleasant restaurant, which, at first sight looks like more of a rocker store. Taking a closer look into the gift shop, you'll soon realize that there is a very nice restaurant inside. The quality is just wonderful and friendly service will certainly round up your stay. Three steaks with vegetables, salad, and soft drinks for about $40.
- Mattina's Ristorante Italiano, 318 Oak St, ☎ +1 928-753-7504, fax: +1 928-753-2927, e-mail: email@example.com. Take out available.
- Mr D'z Route 66 Diner, 105 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-718-0066, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 7AM-9PM.
- Bashas', 3360 Andy Devine Dr, ☎ +1 928-757-7162. M-Sa 6AM-10PM, Su 6AM-9PM. Has a deli for self-catering.
- Safeway, 3125 N Stockton Hill Rd, ☎ +1 928-753-2943. Daily 5AM-midnight. Has a hot and cold deli, and onsite pharmacy.
- Smith's Food And Drug, 3490 Stockton Hill Rd, ☎ +1 928-757-2544. Daily 24 hrs. Has a full-service deli for self catering options, as well as an onsite pharmacy.
- Cellar Door, 414 E Beale St, ☎ +1 928-753-3885, e-mail: email@example.com. W-Th 4PM-10PM, F-Sa 4PM-12AM. Wine bar in historic downtown Kingman. Wine, beer, cheese plate & other light appetizers. Live music Saturday nights.
- Beale Street Brews Coffee & Roasting Co., 418 E Beale St, ☎ +1 928-753-4004, e-mail: Beale_street_brews@brew-master.com. Su 7AM-3PM, M-Th 7AM-9PM, F-Sa 7AM-10PM. Coffeehouse and art gallery. Free wi-fi.
- Black Bridge Brewery, 421 E. Beale St., ☎ +1 928 377-3618, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Tues-Wed 11AM to 9PM, Thurs-Sat 11AM to 11PM, Closed Sun & Mon. Located in downtown Kingman, Black Bridge Brewery’s Brewmaster Tim Schritter has created an atmosphere that blends his love of welding, art, music and of course, beer. With year-round beers like Evil Red, Wicked Poison and Locomotive Stout, Tim has already changed the taste for beer in the Kingman area.
- Desert Diamond Distillery, 4875 N Olympic Drive (Located in the Kingman Airport Industrial Park), ☎ +1 928-757-7611. Monday - Thursday : 10:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. Friday & Saturday : 10:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M. Sunday by appointment only. Arizona's oldest craft distillery offers Internationally awarded rums (white, dark, barrel aged & Agave) as well as suger-cane based vodka. They offer tastings and tours during regular business hours.
- Cella Winery, 6927 E. Brooks Blvd. (From the Historic Powerhouse, drive east on Andy Devine Ave (Route 66) 19 miles, to Concho Drive (entrance to Valle Vista) • Turn right on Concho Drive and continue 4 miles to Painted Rock • Turn right on Painted Rock and drive one mile • Turn left on Brooks Blvd • Continue on Brooks Blvd to Cella Wines which will be on your right), ☎ +1 928 692-9600, e-mail: email@example.com. Friday & Saturday 11am - 5pm Sunday 12am - 6pm. In 2006, Carlos Cella sold a body shop, a California family business of 35 years, and began construction on a winery near Kingman. In 2008 he planted the first vines (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Chardonnay, and Syrah) and he produced his first Estate Wines in 2010. Cella Winery opened to the public in January 2014. Cella Winery competed with 13 of Arizona’s best wineries at the 2015 Kingman Wine Festival. They took awards for three of their wines:1st Place with Zulma’s 2013 Moscato Private Reserve; 2nd Place for their Nicolino 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Estate Wine Private Reserve; 2nd Place with their 2010 Syrah
- Stetson Winery Tasting Room and Event Center, 10965 N Moonscape Way (From the Historic Powerhouse drive east on Andy Devine Ave (Route 66) 19 miles, to Concho Drive (entrance to Valle Vista) • Turn right on Concho Drive and continue 4 miles to Painted Rock • Turn right on Painted Rock and drive one mile • Turn left on Brooks Blvd • Continue on Brooks Blvd. then turn right on Moonscape and look for the big red barn on the right for Stetson Winery), ☎ +1 928 757-7206, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Friday & Saturday 11-4pm, Sunday 1-7pm & by appointment. Welcome to the superb AZ wine of Stetson Winery and Event Center, an oasis of hospitality, friendliness, good times and good living. Located 15 miles north of Kingman, AZ and a few minutes from historic Route 66, we are the only Arizona winery and event center in northwestern Arizona. From the grand moments of Arizona wedding venues to the simplest of pleasures listening to live music, eating great food, and drinking even greater wine,we all join together to make your visit with us a memorable and enjoyable one. We want you to come see us again and enjoy our winery in AZ
- The House Of Hops (Kingman Tap and Bottle Club), 312 E Beale ST, ☎ +1 928 753-2337, e-mail: email@example.com. The House Of Hops is Kingman's first and only craft beer and wine tap house! They have a highly trained and knowledgeable staff, that will cater to your craft beer and wine tasting needs. Thirsty? With 27 beers on tap, 10 nitro lines, over 60 bottled beers and wines as well as organic all natural margaritas and a build your own Bloody Mary bar on Sundays; you have plenty of options to quench your thirst!
- Budget Inn Motel, 1239 W Beale St, ☎ +1 928-753-2773. $30-40/night.
- Days Inn Kingman West, 3023 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-753-7500, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, pet-friendly. $78+/night.
- Route 66 Motel, 2939 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-753-5586. $28-39/night.
- Motel 6 Kingman East, 3351 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-757-7151, fax: +1 928-757-2438. Check-in: 3PM. $37-42/night.
- Motel 6 Kingman West, 424 W Beale St, ☎ +1 928-753-9222, fax: +1 928-753-4791. Check-in: 3PM. $42-47/night.
- Quality Inn, 1400 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-753-4747, fax: +1 928-753-5175. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, laundry facilities, pet-friendly. $58-90/night.
- Ramblin Rose Motel, 1001 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-753-5541. $35-65/night.
- Rodeway Inn, 3016 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-753-9555, fax: +1 928-753-5230. Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, pet-friendly. $45-50/night.
- Silver Queen, 3285 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-757-4315. Check-in: 12PM, check-out: 11AM. $37-80/night.
- Super 8 Kingman, 3401 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-757-4808. Check-in: 1PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, accepts pets. $40-90/night.
- Best Western Plus A Wayfarer's Inn & Suites, 2815 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-753-6271, toll-free: +1 800-780-7234. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 12AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, pet-friendly. $80-$106/night.
- Best Western Plus Kings Inn & Suites, 2930 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-753-6101, toll-free: +1 800-568-8520, fax: +1 928-753-6192. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 12AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, laundry facilities and gym. $78-106/night.
- Comfort Inn, 3129 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-718-1717, fax: +1 928-718-5668. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, pet-friendly. $80+/night.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Kingman, 1791 Sycamore Ave, ☎ +1 928-692-0200. Free breakfast and wi-fi, pool, laundry facilities and gym. $129/night.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 3031 E Andy Devine Ave, ☎ +1 928-718-4343, toll-free: +1 888-465-4329. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 11AM. Free breakfast and wi-fi, indoor pool, gym, pet-friendly. $114-162/night.
- Hualapai Mountain Park, 6250 Hualapai Mountain Rd, ☎ +1 928-681-5700, toll-free: +1 877-757-0915, e-mail: email@example.com. Sites for tents (some with water), RVs (with full hookups), and fully-furnished cabins for rent. Tent sites are first-come, first-serve, but RV sites and cabins can be reserved online.
- Kingman KOA, 3820 N Roosevelt St, ☎ +1 928-757-4397, toll-free: +1 800-562-3991, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Sites for tents and RVs with hookups as well as cabin rentals. Pool, wi-fi, and showers.
- Wild Cow Springs Campground, 2475 Beverly Ave (Hualapai Mountains), ☎ +1 928-718-3700, e-mail: KFOWEB_AZ@blm.gov. This campground is managed by the Bureau of Land Management. No drinking water, grills and picnic tables, vault toilets, trailers under 22'. $8/20 (individual/group).
- Mohave County Library, 3269 N Burbank St, ☎ +1 928-692-2665. M 9AM-6PM, T 9AM-8PM, W 9AM-6PM, Th 9AM-8PM, F 9AM-5PM, Sa 9AM-5PM. Has public computers and free wi-fi throughout the building. Also has wireless printing service.
- Kingman Daily Miner. Kingman's main newspaper, also available in print.
- Kingman Regional Medical Center, 3269 Stockton Hill Rd, ☎ +1 928-757-2101.
|Routes through Kingman|
|Los Angeles ← Needles ←||W E||→ Williams → Albuquerque|
|Barstow ← Needles ←||W E||→ Seligman → Flagstaff|
|Barstow ← Oatman ←||W E||→ Peach Springs → Flagstaff|
|Las Vegas ← Boulder City ←||N S||→ Wikieup → Phoenix|
|Ends at ← Bullhead City ←||W E||→ END|