Kimberley (British Columbia)
Kimberley is in British Columbia Canada.
Bavarian cuckoo clock in Kimberley
- Platzl, at the end of Spokane St. The Bavarian-themed pedestrian street at the center of town. Take in the atmosphere or view the large cuckoo clock where the town mascot, Happy Hans, pops out every hour.
- Cominco Gardens (Kimberley Gardens), off of 4th St, near the hospital, ☎ +1 250 427-5160. Gardens with almost 50,000 flowers and a nice hilltop view.
- Kimberley Alpine Resort, at the end of Gerry Sorenson Way, ☎ +1 250 427-4881 (general line), +1 250 427-1333 (snow report). Mid-sized ski resort with three chairs and a T-bar and 750 meters of vertical (2,465 feet). Lifts are also open on weekends in the summer for hiking and sightseeing. $21 (summer).
- Trickle Creek Golf Course, 500 Stemwinder Dr, ☎ +1 250 427-5171 (general line), +1 250 427-3389 (tee times). One of the best "mountain" golf courses in BC. $90-$120.
- Mountain bike "around the mountain". This is a 20 kilometre open access mountain bike train
- Kimberley Riverside Campground (Happy Hans Riverside Resort), just off of St. Mary's Lake Rd, ☎ +1 250 427-2929. Serviced and tenting sites with convenience store, laundry, showers and pool. On the river with nice mountain views. Open from mid-May to mid-October. $21-26 (tent), $27-$33 (serviced).
- Trickle Creek Lodge (formerly the Marriott Trickle Creek Residence Inn), 500 Stemwinder Dr, ☎ +1 250 427-5175, toll-free: +1-877-282-1200. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: Noon. Rooms range from studios to three bedroom suites and come with kitchens and fireplaces. It's close enough to the slopes for ski-in, ski-out in the winter. $190 - $335 in peak season.