Kil is a small city, with less than 12,000 inhabitants.
The city is small enough to be walkable.
- There are two supermarkets near the train station (less than 100 meters).
One opens everyday 8-21, while the other (Pekås) is open 9-20 (Monday-Friday), 9-18 (Saturday) and 10-18 (Sunday).
- Pharmacy near the train station.
- Several ATMs near the train station.
- There is a small café in the train station, serving tea and coffee (20 SEK) and breakfast (50-70 SEK).
- There is a bar near the train station, opening at 4pm.