It is located at the southern tip of lake Balaton and boasts a history of more than 750 years. As such the town is endowed with a wide range of architectural gems displaying Gothic, baroque, Transylvanian and eclectic styles. The town is compact and may be easily explored on foot. A small tourist train also circulates the town which is a convenient and cheap way to familiarise oneself with its layout.
The Festetics Palace, now the Helikon Castle Museum, must rank as the town’s major attraction. It’s construction was started at the beginning of the 18th century, by Kristof Festetics, on the site of the former Petho castle. It obtained it’s final neo-baroque form in 1887. With some 111 halls and rooms, this is one of the largest palaces in Hungary and is maintained in wonderful condition by the Hungarian government. One of the most beautiful rooms and one of the greatest assets of the castle is a magnificent historic two level library housing over 100,000 volumes, which were miraculously saved from destruction during the 2nd world war. The library was started in the 1700s and its collection includes copies of the earliest printed books, unique prints, scientific and art books together with its music collection of manuscripts by Haydn, Pleyel and Goldmark. The ground floor houses an exhibition of the of the beautiful and precious military arms of Hungary, a loan from the Hungarian National Museum.
The reception wing of the palace is now used as a conference centre and a meeting place for scientific and international conferences. Participants may be accommodated in the 15 quest rooms and 4 suites within the palace. During summer, concerts are held weekly in the grounds
The Festetics were one of the richest aristocratic families in Hungary and had a considerable influence on the development and culture of Keszthely and the surrounding areas. Family members founded pharmacies, hospitals, Grammar schools and in 1779 Count Gyorgy Festetics founded “The Georgikon”, which was Europe’s first Independent Institution of agricultural higher education. It was established with an 11-hectare dendrological garden. Its successor “The Georgikon Faculty of Agronomy”, now functions within the local university on the corner of Deak Ferenc and Szechenyl streets.
A nice feature within the town is the Helikon environmental park, which sits between the town and the lake foreshores. It is prevented from reaching the lake by the railway to Topolca. Across the railway beside Csik Ferenc setany are to be found a large number of outdoor cafes and restaurants much frequented by students from the nearby university. A popular snack served at these cafes is the famous Hungarian Langos, a deep fried potato pancake topped with either garlic dressing or cheese or both. On summer evenings the area is alive with people eating Langos and drinking beer.
The centre of Keszthely is a large square alongside Kossuth Lajos Utica. This square contains two major buildings. The Gothic parish church, built on the site of a former 12th-13th century church by Palatine Istevan Lackfi. Renovations at the end of the 19th century gave the church its neo-gothic tower and rose windows. In 1974 a number of sensational 15th century frescoes were discovered in the sacristy. At the southern end of this square stands the Gymnasium built at the turn of the last century and now housing the successor to the grammar school founded by Count Pal Festetics in 1772. The section of Kossuth Lajos Utica leading from the square to the palace of the Festetics is now a pedestrian mall were one can find a number of fine restaurants which, in season, serve large numbers of alfresco diners.
To the west of the central square is the marketplace set around Piac square. On Saturdays and Wednesdays the square and some surrounding streets fill with market vendor stalls selling a wide variety of wares. Flowers, fruit, vegetables, and of course paprika are available in abundance together with tools, clothes and other paraphernalia. In the spring Cherries and Walnuts are a great buy.
- Tourinform office, Kossuth Lajos utca 30 (Center), ☎ +36 83 314144, +36 83 511660, fax: +36 83 314144, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 1.Oct.-30.Apr. M-F: 9:00-17:00 Sa: 9:00-13:00 1.May-14.Jun: M-F: 9:00-18:00 Sa: 9:00-14:00 15.Jun-31.Aug.: M-F.9:00-19:00 Sa-So: 10-16 1.Sep.-30.Sep. M-F. 9:00-18:00 Sa: 9:00-14:00. is pleased to inform you about accommodation, transport, programmes, attractions and services in Keszthely and in the region. It distributes free brochures, sell maps, tourist card, picture postcards, and gives information about local programmes, accommodation. - Spoken languages: English, German, Italian. Payment: Cash only..
The nearest airport is at Sarmellek approximately 10 km south of the city and is served by regional airlines. From the airport Keszthely is easily accessed via route 75.
Also in summer the [Mutsch Ungarn Reisen] departs bus to Hévíz from different cities of South Germany. - If your next destination is northwestern Europe catch Eurolines bus in Győr: #760 to Vienna to Heidelberg via München, #784 to Hamburg via Berlin, #790 to Dortmund via Mannheim, #791 to Rotterdam via Frankfurt, #792 London via Brüsszel, #794 Amszterdam via Mannheim, #795 Paris via Strasbourg
- Keszthely Bus Station (Keszthely autóbusz-állomás), Mártírok útja 2. (Close to Train Station). The settlements of subregion (Zalaszanto, Rezi) going ten-twenty buses per day; the Zalaegerszeg and Tapolca also five - ten lines per day, Hévíz (four per hour).
Within Hungary there are direct trains from Budapest Keleti and Déli station. In the main season there are direct lines on the route between Miskolc and Keszthely.
- Train Station (Vasútállomás) (A bit south of Centr not far from the Lake). Trains run twice daily from Budapest’s Keleti station (175km, about 2hrs 30 mins) along the southern shore of lake Balaton passing through the lakeside towns of Siofok, Balatonfoldvar, Balatonelle, Balatonboglar and Fonyod town the last one where a change of train is also required to pick up the local line to Keszthely and Tapolca.
- Keszthely Port Phoenix (Keszthely Kikötő Phoenix), Phoenix u. 1 (North of City Beach). In summer boat services connect with Badacsony and Balatonlelle. Boat rental.
From Western Europe:
- From the direction of Linz/Vienna: turn off the Motorway A1 towards Eisenstadt on the motor-road A3 and cross the border in Sopron (Klingenbach). From here there is a highway leading through Ukk and Sümeg to Lake Balaton or more precisely to Balatonederics. lf you take road 71 westwards you can reach Keszthely within a short time.
- From Graz: if you turn off the motorway A2 towards Fürstenfeld you can cross the border in Heiligenkreuz (Rábafüzes). Lake Balaton from here is about 100 km. Through Körmend and Zalaegerszeg on the highway 76 the journey by car takes maximum one and a half hour.
From Southern Europe:
- From Slovenia: from Lendava/Lenti you can reach the West-Balaton Region on road 75 from Croatia on the E71 towards Balatonszentgyörgy. For those who are coming from Italy we can suggest the road leading through Tarvisio and Graz.
From Eastern Europe:
- From Poland, Romania: Through Budapest on the motorway M7 towards Lake Balaton.
- From Slovakia: You can come either through Budapest and after on the M7 or from Bratislava on the road E65 through the frontier station of Rajka and then through Mosonmagyarovár on road 86, then you take road 84 towards Ukk/Sümeg to the direction of Lake Balaton.
- Keszthely is easily reached by road from Budapest using M7 / E71. This highway bypasses Székesfehérvár and Siofok on the southern flank of Lake Balaton and is relatively traffic free except in the peak tourist months of June, July and August.
If you are willing to take a little more time to reach your destination you will be rewarded with a more scenic route using highway 71 along the north shore of lake Balaton. This route will take you first a couple km away Gyenesdiás further going through Balatonfured and passes the Tihany peninsula, which is well worth a detour.
Keszthely is the regional centre for an efficient and cheap bus system, although not always as frequent as one would wish. The main bus terminal is directly outside the railway station. Buses are available from here for Heviz, Fonyod, Tapolca, Badacsony, Nagykanizsa, and Balatonfured.
In the downtown parking charges.
Local Rail services are also available to towns along the north shore of lake Balaton, and during the summer months lake ferries also service the lakeside towns.
- The palace of the Festetics (The Helikon Castle Museum,Festetics-kastély, Helikon Kastélymúzeum), ☎ +36 83 314-194, e-mail: email@example.com. High season: Jun-Sep 09.00–18.00 every day, + Wed: 19.00–12 pm, Sat: 20.00–24.00. - Low season: Oct–May: Tu-Su 10.00-17.00. Festetics Castle Museum and its Gardens main exhibits are: Model railway exhibitions, Hunting Exhibition, Palm House, Aristocratic Lifestyle Exhibition (18th and 19th centuries), Helikon library. - The “peasant-baroque” officer’s residence of the Festetics estate. Palm House and Aquarium HUF800, Tower / available only together with palace ticket +HUF500, Hunting Museum HUF1000 / 500; Model Railway Exhibition HUF1000/ 500. - Hunting Museum and Model Railway Exhibition HUF1800/900. - Palace and Coach Museum HUF2300 / 1150. - All five exhibitions combined HUF3500/1750. - Hussar Exhibition HUF1200 / 600 (adult / discounted prices). - Guided tour HUF9000 / Group. Garden railway HUF750. - Photo and video permit HUF1500. - House of Balaton Wines ticket HUF600. - House of Balaton Wines ticket and guided tour with wine tasting HUF2500. - Children under 6: free.
- Coach museum (Hintómúzeum) (Helikon Castle).
- Palace Park (Helikon park). The park which originally measured 42 hectares, is now a nature reserve, there is a French garden and an English garden where we can find numerous tree rarities. Old and exotic trees and hundreds of years old, colourful flowerbeds, fountains, statues are there– among them the full-figure bronze statue of George Festetics I, the garden pond and the fountain decorated with stone lions. Other statues: Immaculata sculpture, Statue of St. Helena
- St. Theresa Parish (Kis Szent Teréz Plébánia Kármelita Rendház), Tapolcai út 3. Part of a Carmelite convent
- Lutheran church (Evangélikus templom), Deák F. u. 18.. Catholic church
- Holy Family Church (Szent Család templom), Balogh Ferenc utca 3 (Right west of Csokako Creek).
- Church of Our Lady of Hungary (Magyarok Nagyasszonya Templom, Belvárosi Plébániatemplom), Piac tér/Fő tér 5.. The Neo-gothic parish church
- Reformed Church (Református templom), Hanczók u.20. Catholic church
- Keszthely Synagogue (Zsinagóga), Kossuth Lajos utca 22 (accessed through the archway of Pethő House). Built in 1852 in the neo-classical style. The shape was altered in 1894 when the building was remodeled in the spirit of eclecticism. In 1898 an organ built by Sándor Országh was installed. The temple served the local Neolog congregation. - The building was originally accessed via a narrow mew from Fejér György Street where the Jewish School once stood.- The building was erected according to tradition on a lower level as compared to its surroundings. Its East-West length, breadth and height are almost equal. The inside is surrounded on 3 sides by a gallery for women supported by iron columns. The original neo-classical architecture is still preserved on the East side of the synagogue.
- Balaton museum (Balatoni Múzeum), Kossuth u. / , Balaton u. 2.. A Neo-Baroque building. There are permanent exhibitions telling the visitors about the development of the Balaton, its flora and fauna and the historical relics of its surroundings. Also here you can find the Roman and Medieval Lapidary and the memorial room of the famous painter, János Halápy.
- Bacchus Wine- and Wine Tool-Museum (Bacchus Bor- és Borászatieszköz-múzeum).
- Cadillac Museum (Cadillac Múzeum). Models of the years of 1923's and 1990's
- Doll museum (Babamúzeum), XVI. (in the pedestrian precinct).
- Erotic Renaissance Wax Museum (Reneszánsz Erotikus Panoptikum).
- Georgicon Farm Museum, Grange Museum (Georgikon Majormúzeum). A former farmstead, which used to serve educational purposes now is a museum building. There are exhibitions about the history of higher agricultural education in Hungary, about corn production, viniculture. There is also a carriage exhibition with a wheelwright and a blacksmith workshop. The steam-plough is an imposing sight especially if you consider that it is still in working order.
- Keszthely Ethnographic Museum - Wax Museum (Keszthelyi Néprajzi Múzeum – Panoptikum).
- Marzipan Museum in Keszthely (Marcipán Múzeum és Cukrászda), Katona József utca 19 (Close to the Festetics Palace), ☎ +36 83 319 322. Exhibitions and bakery is open from the beginning of March the end of December, except Monday 10-18.. A permanent exhibition of over one hundred examples of our hand work, lovingly created by the proprietors Simonfai Jenő and his wife Agnes. for adults HUF180, for Children 14 years old HUF120.
- Mikus Gallery (Mikus Galéria).
- Radio and TV Museum (Rádió és tv Múzeum).
- Railway History Museum. (Vasúttörténeti Múzeum).
- Historical Wax Museum (Történelmi Panoptikum).
- Vidor Toy Museum (Vidor Játékmúzeum).
- Nostalgia and Kitsch Museum (Nosztalgia és Giccsmúzeum).
- Torture Museum (Horrorárium és Kínzó Múzeum).
- Asbóth House (Asbóth-ház), Kastély u. 5..
- Birthplace of Julia Szendrey, at the Szendrey colony (Szendrey Júlia szülőháza Szendrey-telepen).
- Balaton Hotel and Hullám Hotel (Balaton Szálló és Hullám Szálló), Balaton-part.
- Csány Laszlo Statue (Csány László-szobor), Deák F. u. 25..
- Former Georgikon (Georgikon-ház), Georgikon u. 20.. This building was the first institute of higher agricultural education established by Festetics György in 1797, Today it is a hotel.
- Dongo House (Dongó-ház), Sopron u. 7..
- Former Franciscan friary (Egykori ferences rendház), Fő tér 10..
- Fórum House, Bem Street and Rákóczi Street cnr. is one of the most beautiful modern buildings of the town.
- Statue of György Festetics (Festetics György ülőszobra), Fő tér.
- Holy Trinity Column (Szentháromság-szobor), Fő tér.
- Island Bath (Szigetfürdő), City Beach. Part of the City Beach
- Snail Parliament (Csigaparlament).
- Pantheon of Keszthely (Keszthelyi Pantheon).
- Holy Trinity Column (Szentháromság-szobor), Fő tér.
- Market, Bem Street. worth visiting mainly on Wednesdays and Saturdays, that is the weekly market days. Rákóczi Street at the lower entrance of the market has also become a kind of shopping centre
- Villas around Erzsébet királyné Street. Can be see from Main Square to the Balaton coast. The villas were built at the beginning of the 20th century
- Star Castle (Csillagvár).
- Balaton Theatre and Congress Centre (Balaton Kongresszusi Központ és Színház), Fő tér 3..
- Goldmark Károly Community Centre.
- Pedestrian Street (Sétálóutca), Kossuth Lajos u..
- Port and mole at the Balaton.
- House of Balaton Wines (Balatoni Borok Háza). ticket and guided tour with wine tasting HUF2500..
- Town Hall (Városháza), Fő tér 1..
- Former Town hall (Egykori városháza), Kossuth u. 28..
- Petho- or Goldmark house (Pethő- vagy Goldmark-ház), Kossuth u. 22..
- Simon House (Simon-ház), Kossuth u. 3..
- St. Lawrence chapel remains (Szent Lőrinc-kápolna maradványai), Fő tér.
- János Vajda High School (Vajda János Gimnázium), Fő tér 9.
- House (Lakóház), Kastély u. 16..
- Statue of St. Florian (Szent Flórián-szobor), Tapolcai u. 1..
- Protected row of horse chestnut tree (Védett vadgesztenyesor), Fenékpusztai út - Georgikon út - Kossuth út.
- Castletheatre, Cserszegtomaj. Also here is the Margit–tower (look-out tower)
- Ruins of Rezi and Tátika Castle, Rezi.
- Rezi castle (Rezi vár), Rezi village, Meleg Mount (Take a bus to Rezi and walk from there).
- Buddhist sanctuary in Zalaszanto (Zalaszántói Béke Sztúpa), Világosvár 13 (Take a bus), ☎ +36 83 370 466. OPENING HOURS OF THE MEDITATION CENTER: Every day 10.00-12.00 and 14.00-17.00, souvenir shop open: daily 10.00-19.00. Every morning from 10:00 Yoga Guru , Every afternoon from 16:00 Darmapala meditation. - Visit the Human Rights Park. - Founded by South Korean Buddhist Community. - The Peace Stupa located on the summit of the Virágosvár Hill (313m a.s.l.), size of its: high 30 m, wide 24 m
- Egregy gives a real village atmosphere. The beautiful roman-style Church of Egregy was built in the 13-th century, during the rule of Árpád. Behind the church are the picturesque vineyards where one can taste the delicious local wines, for example the „Egregyi Grinzing”. There are cozi restaurants where local delicacies are offered in a homey atmosphere. Each year Egregy celebrates its grape harvest, this is a time for eating, drinking and having a lot of fun.
- Berzsenyi tower ( look-out-tower ) and Festetics-tower ( look-out-tower ), Gyenesdiás. The beach is ideally target for families. Great shadowspots under the trees.
- Chapel on St. Michael Hill, Vonyarcvashegy. there is the beach Lido a nice sandy beach with numerous sporting facilities (waterski, wakeboard, windsurfing)
- Crawl, Zalacsány.
- Kehidakustány Thermal and adventure bath, Kehidakustány (N 15km). Busy thermal resort
- Balatongyörök. Szépkilátó (look-out tower), - Mole and Port at the Balaton, - Church on Bece Hill
- Africa Museum, Balatonederics.
- The ruins of the Roman Valcum city (Fenékpusztán a római Valcum romjai), Fenékpuszta. Also here is a protected nature sights the Black Pine line
- Small Balaton (Kis-Balaton), Fenékpuszta. the only remaining Lake Baths. Kis-Balaton Natural Park
- Esterházy Weincellar and Szigliget Castle, Szigliget.
- Sümeg Castle, Sümeg. Enjoy the middle-aged horse-performance
- Tihany-Abbey, Tihany. Enjoy the middle-aged horse-performance
- Balatongyörök, Pearl beach 15 min. drive southern the city
- Zalaszentgrót. Peaceful thermal resort with indoor & outdoor thermal pools.
- Zalakaros. Children-friendly thermal-aquapark half hour car drive toward south. 25 km
- Buffalo reserve
- Thermal lake of Hévíz, Hévíz (5 km). Holy Ghost Church (Blue church), Exhibition room Fontana Cinema (Picture-theatre) and Gallery, -Móricz Zsigmond library
- Caves tours: Cave lake in Tapolca(20km), * „Csodabogyós” cave in Balatonederics
- Cycling, around the Lake almost complete the bike path
- Fejér György library.
- Attend the concerts in the grounds of the Festetics palace.
- Libas Beach or Goosy Shore (Libás strand), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 9:30-19:00. Free services: WIFI throughout the beach. Water Rescue and Emergency Medical Service (during opening hours) , parking, changing rooms, disabled toilets, open air showers, modern children's playground, sandy beach path. - Payment sservices: Snack Bar line, Deck chairs, Cabins, Bicycle Storage, Bouncy castle for Kids (Ugrálóvár), Trampoline, Kayak, Canoe, Paddle boats, Windsurf DAILY Adult admission / After 17 O' clock HUF500 / 250, children (6 years) / After 17 O' clock HUF350 / 175, Daily family ticket for 2 adults + 1 child / 2 adults + 2 children / 2 adults + 3 children HUF1000/1350/1700, changing cabin ticket (+HUF1000 deposit) HUF950, PERIODIC Tickets: Four days ticket adults / children 1600/900, weekly HUF2800/1800.
- Gyenesi Beach (Gyenesi Lidóstrand), Gyenesdiás, Oppel Imre sétány, (Just off eastward from city limit).
- Diás Toy Beach (Diási Játékstand), Gyenesdiás, Strand út 5.
- Helikon Beach (Helikon stand) (in the southern part of the town).
- City Beach (Városi Strand), Balaton part, ☎ +36 83 312 241. the Island-bath still keeps the silhouettes of the original building. The pier, which protrudes deep into the lake provides a harbour for the boats cruising the lake on schedule and a favourite fishing place at the same time. adults full day /after 17 o'clock HUF890/450 , child full day / after 17 o'clock HUF630/320, daily family ticket 2 adults + one/two/three children HUF2000/2300/2500, bicycle storage HUF300 / day, cabin ticket (+ HUF1000 deposit) HUF2000, safety deposit boxes / day (deposit+HUF1000) HUF300.
- Attend the various Folk Dance festivals.
- Borutca /Wine Boulevard/, - end of July - located on the coast - this is a presentation of the wines of the Balaton region with cultural performances.
Swedish Massage in Keszthely 40 minutes €10. email@example.com, phone=+36 30 313 72 83
- Adventure Park (Kalandpark), Gyenesdiás, Oppel Imre sétány, ☎ +36 20 425 3344, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mar, Apr, Oct, Nov only weekend 10:00-15:30 (- 17:30), Jun, Jul, Aug daily 10:00-19:00 , Sep Th-Tu 10:00-17:30.. Course system with seventy 'barrier' ( installed in trees, different degrees of difficulty, for varied skill) some example: Slit wooden plank bridge, log bridge, trapeze line (rope suspended with wooden rods), girder bridge, swinging bridge made from pallets, organ pipes (suspended vertical wooden beams), rope loop, Vietnamese-bridge (under a foot rope plus two handrail ropes), Indian bridge (top and bottom consists of a rope), "Mesh" bridge, wire rope slide with auger, rope of mesh, rope of 'tendril'. children under 130 cm HUF1.500, (valid for two courts, two trampolines, interactive games, children's corner), children above 130 cm HUF2.000 per person, (valid for two courts and a sliding track), above 150 cm (adult): 2.500 per person (valid for two courts and two sliding track.
- Helikon environmental park (Helikon park). This is the biggest green area of the town. Here you can see the Helikon Memorial, a landmark of the town, which was erected to commemorate the Helikon Festivals held in the years 1817-1819. Helicon Monument.
- St. Nicholas cemetery (Szent Miklós temető), Festetich György utca 1 (Kossuth Lajos utca corner). Here can be see the Festetics mausoleum and the Cemetery Chapel
Walk in the Keszthely Mountains and the Small-Balaton National Park. - The 'Countrywide Blue Tour in Hungary' passes through the town. You can take long walks around the lake in the beautiful protected green woodland area surrounding the thermal waters (Hévíz).
- Keszthely-Felgyenes-Naturpark Visitor Center (Nagymező)-Náradfő-Vállus-Kő orra-Lesenceistvánd-Tapolca: National Blue Trail (Time: 7 hours, Distance: 25 km, Ascent: 349 m)
- Keszthely-Vadaskert-Hévíz-Gyöngyösi csárda (Restaurant)-Rezi Castle-Zalaszántó-Tátika-Sarvaly-Sümegprága-Sümeg: National Blue Trail ( Time: 5 hours, Distance: 16,5 km, Ascent: 308 m. )
- Hévíz Thermal Lake-Wine cellars of Bükk-Savanyós Springs-Felsőpáhok (Time: 2.5 hours, Distance: 9 km, Ascent: 95 m )
- 4 Keszthely-Semely Hill-Cserszegtomaj-Rezi-Ilona Valley-Falumalmi Erdészház (Forest House)-Zerna creek-Zalaszántó ( Time: 4 hours, Distance: 15 km, Ascent: 236 m.)
- Keszthely-Várvölgyi road-Sátormagas alja-Sátormagas-Csetényi meadow (rét)-Várvölgy village ( Time: 4 hours, Distance 14.5 km, Ascent: 223 m.)
- Keszthely-Sömögye Dülő-Felgyenes-Büdöskúti Valley-Vadvízárok-Büdöskút puszta-Székmány-Balatonederics Vasútállomás (Railway Station) (Time: 4.5 hours, Distance: 16 km, Ascent: 285 m.)
- Gyenesdiás Vasúti Megálló (Railway Station)-Vadlánlik-Tüskéslap-Naturpark Visitor Centre (Nagymező )-Petőhegy (Berzsenyi-kilátó)-Büdöskútpuszta-Padkő-Szobakú Cave-Bélap Valley-Balatongyörök (Railway station) (Time: 3.5-4 hours, Distance: 13 km, Ascent: 270 m.)
- 8 Bélap Völgy-Bisekü-Márványkőfejtő-Sárkányerdői Vadászház-Balatonederics ( Time: 1 hour, Distance: 3.75 km, Ascent: 324 m.)
- Vonyarcvashegy Vasútállomás (Railway station) – Kitaibel-Kilátó-Cseri kapu-Berzsenyi-Kilátó-Büdöskútpuszta-Szent Miklós forrás-Hegyes tű-Nemesvita (Time: 2-2.5 hours, Distance: 7 km, Ascent: 272 m.)
- Gyenesdiás Nagymező Natúrpark-Berzsenyi Outlook tower-Büdöskútpuszta-Szent Mikós forrás-Szent Miklós völgy-Vállus-Jáger houses (Csettegő Spring) (Time: 2.5 hours, Distance: 9 km, Ascent: 112 m.)
Kayaking / canoeing
Skating on Balaton (Be careful)
Other outdoor activities
Wind-gliding or air-ballooning are possible in the area. Also who would like could fishing or hunting. About details ask around in your accommodation and in tourist office (see above). Parasailing, football.
- Interspar (Interspar hipermarket), Tapolcai út 37 (NE one and half km), ☎ +36 83 515 200, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Tesco hypermarket (Tesco hipermarket), Csapás út 27 (N-NE circa two km), ☎ +36 20 827 0000. 24/7. Services: Wi-Fi, Credit card payment, ATMs, meat countertop, fresh bakery products, F & F clothing department, gift package making and packaging, free parking, Home Delivery.
- Stop Shop Shopping Centre, Murvás út 2.
- Coop supermarket (Coop szupermarket), Rákóczi tér 13 (Center), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F Sa. + units
- Coop super (Coop szupermarket), Vaszary Kolos utca 5 (Center), e-mail: email@example.com.
- Lidl discount store (Lidl diszkontáruház), Sopron utca 45, ☎ +36 80 020 534, fax: +36 1 346-6010, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Discount store chain.
- Penny Market (Penny Market diszkontáruház), Csapás út (km), e-mail: email@example.com. Daily. Discount store chain.
- Hotel Bacchus – Weinmuseum – restaurant, Erzsebet Kiralyne u. 18, ☎ +36 83 314097, fax: +36 83 314097.
- Hungaricum Borhaz restaurant (Hotel Bacchus és Bormúzeum - Étterem), Helikon u. 14, ☎ +36 83 312420, +36 83 510-450.
- Club Manhattan Steak & Cafe, Georgikon u. 2.
- Gisella restaurant (Gisella Étterem), Helikon u. 4., ☎ +36 83 310-365.
- Donatello Pizzeria, Balaton u. 1/A, ☎ +36 83 315989.
- Giuseppe Pizzéria, Rákóczi Ferenc u. 22., Tel.: +36 83 316-754
- Jóbarát restaurant, (Jóbarát Vendéglő), Martinovics utca 1., ☎ +36 83 311422.
- Hungaria – Gosser Pub & Restaurant (Hungaria – Gosser – Etterem Sorozo), Kossuth Lajos u. 35, ☎ +36 83 312265.
- McDonald's, Tapolcai u. 4517 hrsz, Tel.: +36 83 511-466
- Oázis Reform Restaurant - Vegetarian Food Bar, Rákóczi tér 3. Tel.: +36 83 311-023 ill. 30/247-1066, Honlap: http://www.oazis-natur.hu/
- Piccola Posta Pizzeria, József Attila u. 6., Tel.: +36 83 312-689
At the Lakeside Bars and cafes
Keszthely has a variety of places to stay, ranging from rentable apartments to the 5 star 224 room 8 suite:
- Pension Admiral, Pazmany u. 1, ☎ +36 83 314368, +36 83 314-161, fax: +36 83 314-143, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Beauty Treatment, Pedicure-manicure, Cosmetics, Finnish aroma sauna,Solarium, Massage and special massage Half-body HUF2000, Whole-body 2500, Foot-massage 2500. - Outdoor Swimming-pool, Barbecue in the Garden, Playground for Children, Bicycle and table tennis, free enclosed parking place in the yard 2014.01.04-07.03. and 2014.08.25-09.30. : Sgl / dbl / extra bed 10700, / 16600/7500. - 2014.07.04-08.24. and holiday periods : Sgl / dbl / extra bed 14300/17600/8000. - Half board: 2500 HUF / person / day (3-course dinner menu - the Crystal Hotel).
- Adrienn (Adrienn Ház), Festetics u. 26., ☎ +36 30 2473-202, e-mail: email@example.com. HUF12.500 per apartman for four-six person.
- Active Apartman (Active Apartman és Vendégház), Esze Tamás u. 8/b, ☎ +36 83 3738-550, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Buy and try some homemade honey! Seven rental bikes. Mount & bike 26 col (woman and man) 1200 HUF/day, 6000 HUF/Week, - City bike 28 col (woman and man) 2000 HUF/day 12000 HUF/Week. - Speed bike 26 col, (man) 1000 HUF/day, 5000 HUF/Week, - Normal, kontra 26 col (woman) 1000 HUF/day, 5000 HUF/Week 15th Jun -25th Aug Sgl / dbl / tpl /qdr HUF5500/7200/11800/12800.
- Baboczky Villa (Babóczky Villa), Keszthely, Festetics Gy. u. 16., ☎ +36 83 313-356, +36 20 431-4978, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Hotel Bacchus (Hotel Bacchus és Bormúzeum - Étterem), Erzsébet királyné u. 18., ☎ +36 83 314-096, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Standard single / double room HUF13300 -17 000/16400 -21400. Superior double room HUF23200-30 000. Family room HUF26600 -34100. Extra bed HUF7700-9900. Half board (three-course meal without drinks) HUF2500..
- Barbara Wellness Panzió, Zámor utca 2., ☎ +36 83 319-865, fax: +36 83 319-865, e-mail: email@example.com. Room with Buffet breakfast, room service, swimming pool, - Spa (Jacuzzi), garden with furniture, table tennis, barbecue, Children's playground and the closed parking. Sgl / dbl HUF7900-8900-9900/10500-12500-16700, tpl / qdr HUF16400-17500-21000 / 20000-22000-24000 depend of season.
- Hotel Eden (City Hotel Éden), Kisfaludy út 11., ☎ +36 83 312-213, +36 30 993-6153 (Mobil), fax: +36 83 311-556, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The hotel is CLOSED! /from 26.08.2014. - Underground garage, massage, rent a bike opposite to the Hotel Hairdresser and Beauty parlour Seasons 10.07.-17.07.,18.07.-23.08.,24.08.-26.08, Sgl / dbl € 50-70/60-90.
- Hotel Eta (Hotel Via), Balaton part 15 (situated on the shore of the lake Balaton), ☎ +36 30 403 9425, fax: +36 83 311-272, e-mail: email@example.com. +Tel: + 36 83 311095. - The rooms there is a beautiful view on the park and lake Balaton.The number of the rooms are 50 with fridge and bathroom with shower. - There is a restaurant and bar open every day 07.00- 21.00. - Buffet breakfast is included in the price of the room. - Lunch and dinner can be provided as set meals. -Also here a Conference room for up to 80 persons. - The garden surrounded by a fence in which there are sport facilities, four beautiful gravel tennis courts, a mini golf course and table tennis. - There is a terrace for sun bathing and a barbecue, also plenty of parking places.
- Erika Apartman (Erika Apartmanház Panzió), Ady Endre utca 16., ☎ +36 83 314-591, fax: +36 83 314591, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. closed parking, outdoor swimming pool, sauna and jacuzzi, playing house with toys and bicycles, sunbathing area with deck-chairs, playground, table-tennis, badminton, cot and baby bath (on request) are available - "Petunie"~ 14 m2 double bedroom, douche, WC, TV, refrigerator. Apartment "Hortensie" ~ 21 m2 terrace, double bedroom, douche, WC, TV, refrigerator, im apartmenthouse with private entrance. -"Dalie"~ 32 m2 anteroom, double bedroom, living room, douche, WC, balcony, TV, refrigerator. - "Margerite" ( 2 + 1 child ) ~ 26 m2 terrace, triple bedroom, douche, WC, TV, refrigerator, im apartmenthouse with private entrance. "Petunie" for one pers./for two pers. Apr, May, October €30/40. june, sept. €30/40, 1-10.Jul 21-31.Aug. €34/44, 11.July-20.aug. €38/50.-"Hortensie" Apr, May, Jun, Sep, Oct €30/40, 1-10.jul 21-31.aug. €35/46. 11.july-20.aug. €40/52. -"Dalie" Dbl Apr, May, Oct/Jun, Sept. €44 /54 1-10.Jul 21-31.aug. /11.july-20.aug. €60/68. - "Margerite" Apr, May, Oct/Jun, Sep. €50 /56.; 1-10.July 21-31.Aug. /11.july-20.Aug. €60 /64..
- Familia Apartman (Família Apartmanház), Ruszek u. 54. (Keszthely-Kertváros district), ☎ +36 83 319-784, +36 30 864-3710, e-mail: email@example.com. In each apartment sleeps 2-5 people. Each apartment has its own balcony. Each appartmant consists of; small kitchen, shower, toilet and bedroom with TV. In the garden there is a swimming pool with sunbeds at your disposal. studio for two / three persons €35-41-46/45-48-59. Apartment for 2+1 /2+2/2+3 Persons €50-56-63/60-63-70/65-70-78, Tourist tax: €1.5 per person. Breakfast €5. Dog €5 per night (pre-mid-high season prices).
- Fitos Apartman, Rigó u. 3., ☎ +36 70 286-7278 (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. +email@example.com HUF3400 p.p., 2nd night 20% discount.
- Camping Gärtnerhof, Móra Ferenc u. 36, ☎ +36 83 319-900, +36 20 524-7665 (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Caravan, motorhome with 2 adults: HUF4200 / night. Additional adults: HUF1800 / night. Tent site one person: HUF1700 + car HUF600 / night. Children under 10 years: HUF600 / night.
- Gizella House (Gizella Ház), Ruszek József utca 4., ☎ +36 83 314-187, +36 30 9737-655 (Mobil), fax: +36 83 314-187, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Harangláb (Harangláb Vendégház), Sopron u. 20., ☎ +36 83 315-334, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Helikon (Hotel Helikon*** Sport- és Konferenciahotel), Balatonpart 5 (At the lakeside), ☎ +36 83 889600, fax: +36 83 889-609, e-mail: email@example.com. Wellness rooms with a massage, sauna, or have a swim in our pool, play tennis on our 8 outside and 2 tennis halls, play biliard or play a bowling with your familiy. 2015.03.07-05.16. és 09.21-11.30. (Weekdays-Weekends) Economy Sgl /dbl /Family HUF12900-13900/20600-22600/23000-25500. Standard Sgl /dbl /Family HUF14700-15700/23000-25500 /26700-28500, - 2015.05.16-06.21. and 08.23-09.21. HUF2000 per person supplement, 2015.06.21-07.12 HUF3000-6000 per person supplement, 2015.07.12-08.23. HUF6000-9000 per person supplement. - Pets HUF2700, parking fee HUF600 per day.
- Hotel Hullam. heritage hotel built in 1892 on land reclaimed from the receding waters of lake Balaton.
- Jorgos Apartman, Bolyai u. 3. (North one km), ☎ +36 20 376 1868 (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Two apartments (rooms). - Parking in a closed garden, WiFi internet access. A garden with garden furniture, sandpit, children's games and a barbecue, +emails= email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Iris Pension (Írisz Vendégház), Apát utca 17., ☎ +36 83 311-014, +36 30 900-7331, e-mail: email@example.com. Rooms: 2,3 or 4 beds, with private bathroom, TV set, fridge, safe, balcony or terrace. Apartments: for 2-6 persons, with one or two bedrooms, and all the facilities mentioned above. Some of them have a kitchenette. Sgl €25 Dbl €24-32.
- Pension Kakadu (Kakadu Wellness Hotel), Pazmany u. 14, ☎ +36 83 312042, fax: +36 83 510 736, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. a small hotel Sgl / dbl / Apt for two HUF17600/22500/27400, extra bed HUF4900, Pets HUF4500, supplement Half-board HUF2.750. - Meeting of 50 people (half-day) 21,700.
- Camping Kastrum (Castrum Kemping****), Móra Ferenc utca 48 /Martinovics u. 1/b, ☎ +36 83 312-120, fax: +36 83 314-422, e-mail: email@example.com. Open May-Sep. Services: waveless 25 m lenght swimming pool, pool for children, restaurant, grocery, ice cream parlor, playground, program organization. Prices: Persons /Children (2-10 y), Pets HUF1.100 -1.400/900-1.100. - Plots 40/60/80/100 sqm. HUF1.600-1.800/1.800-2.200/2.000-2.700/2.400-3.300. - Electricity 1.000. -Joining to the water network HUF300, Tourism tax HUF410.
- Kati Apartman (Kati Apartmanház), Pipáskert utca 8., ☎ +36 83 315-300, +36 30 608-0213, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. HUF2900 per person, only for one night 3400 per person. Children (4-14 y) pay half price..
- Koltai Apartman (Koltai Apartmanház), Park u. 9., ☎ +36 83 315-124, +36 20 9963-208, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Kinga Apartman, Magvető köz 5. (Lake: 1,8 km), ☎ +36 83 511-305, +36 30 3020265, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Outdoor swimming pool 55 sqm, five SatelliteTV, microwave oven, deep freeze, (200 L), Kitchen: Hot and cold water, Gas cooker, refrigerator, coffee brewer, central heating, garden with furniture and barbecue. Child chair, child cot. Sandpit for Kids. - Independent small house. Groundfloor: 60sqm + 20sqm first floor 2 Bedrooms, Kitchen-Hall-Dining room, Bathroom. -Covered parking place and Terrace. Capacity: 4+2 persons, -The apartment: Capacity: up to 9 + 2 person. Four bedrooms all with bathrooms (one with bathtub) , two living rooms, one large and two small kitchen, one guest toilet, two terraces, one balcony (10sqm), all living space: 180sqm, the garden size: 1300sqm with outdoor pool €180 /Villa-House/night, €80 / little House/night.
- Kristaly Hotel (Kristály Hotel***), Lovassy Sándor u. 20., ☎ +36 83 318999, fax: +36 83 318998, e-mail: email@example.com. A Wellness hotel with hearty buffet breakfast in mediterranean restaurant, -in hotel’s NEW wellness center free use of bio Finnish- and infrared sauna, amethyst steam bath, jacuzzi, Himalaya salt room, relaxing area with music and sun terrace between 8.00-21.00 -free parking in front of the hotel, - free use of WI-FI Internet and safe in the guest room, - in summer use of outdoor swimming pool and children’s playground of the near Admiral Hotel***-Pension. Low-high season (Jan-Jun and Sept-Dec) Classic dbl or twin room (one / two person) €44-58 /60-64 Classic COOL dbl €55-69 /74-80, Superior dbl €44-58 /64-68 + Extra bed €26, all with breakfast.
- Lili Apartman, Festetics u. 24., ☎ +36 83 314-044, +36 30 526-3104, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Ground floor: 2 bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, toilet, terrace. First floor: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen bathroom, 2 terraces. HUF2900 per person all tax incl..
- Leander Guesthouse (Leanderház), Nyárfa u. 21., ☎ +36 83 319-720, +36 20 586-3501, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Lukács Villa, Festetics György u. 20., ☎ +36 83 311-692, +36 20 555-4507, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Léda Apartman, Ady Endre utca 8/B, ☎ +36 30 286-0037, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Margit Apartman, Jegenye u. 20., ☎ +36 83 314-515, +36 30 4987-201, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marton Apartman, Pázmány Péter u. 6., ☎ +36 30 856-8383, fax: +36 83 319-703, e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 13.00, check-out: 10.00. 8x3.6m, 1.5m deep swimming pool. There is a shaded, grassy, flowery garden with garden pagoda, stone barbecue, cauldron and clothes dryer area. For two / three / four HUF7000 / 9000 /12000 in jul aug. - May, Jun, Sep 10 percent discount. - other time closed!.
- M&M Apartman, Munkácsy, utca 2. (entry from Baross Gábor utca), ☎ +36 30 297-6085.
- Hotel OVIT (Hotel***superior OVIT), Alsópáhoki út, ☎ +36 83 515-135, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Sgl / dbl 12 900-14 500 /18 900-21 500. Apartment for one / two 14 900-16 500 /22 500-25 500, 3rd. and 4th. extra bed 4 500, -main meal HUF2 500.
- Parisi Pension (Párizsi Udvar Panzió, Étterem), Kastély u. 5., ☎ +36 83 311-202, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Szente Guesthouse (Szente Vendégház), Ruszek J. u. 41., ☎ +36 83 319-626, +36 30 228-2515, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Silatti Apartman (Silatti Panzió Apartmanház), Rákóczi utca 72., ☎ +36 83 313-228, +36 20 217-1645 (Mobil), fax: +36 83 313-228, e-mail: email@example.com. The beach is to find in a distance from 150 m, the city centre and the pedestrian street ca. 300 m. - Services: Breakfast from buffet, - locked parking area, - outdoor Swimming-Pool (9x5m) with sun beds, - bubble bath, - sauna, - playing corner for children
- Villa Sissy (Villa Sissy Apartmanház), Erzsébet királyné utca 70., ☎ +36 83 315-394, +36 83 321-673, +36 30 2655-549, fax: +36 83 315-394, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Nine rooms. Ground floor deluxe rooms 6400 p.p. with breakfast, upstair rooms shared bath 4000 p.p., Single supplement +HUF1000, one two night(s) plus HUF1200 per night.
- Steinhaus Pansion (Steinhaus Panzió), Rezgő utca 3., ☎ +36 83 312-224, fax: +36 83 312-224, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Sebestyen (Sebestyén Vendégház), Festetics utca 40., ☎ +36 83 312-462, +36 30 505-3032 (Mobil), e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Accommodation Rates: HUF3500/ person. Only for one night: 4000 / person. Only for one person: 6000 / person. Child Prices: under 3 years: HUF1500. 3-10 years: HUF2500.
- Sullofeszek (Süllőfészek Vendégház), Entz Géza sétány 9, ☎ +36 83 310-059, +36 30 9354-127 (Mobil). For groups ideal. Offic open only M-F 10:00-14:00. June 1 - September 30, 1-7 people:HUF 30 000 / day + tax, Above 8 person: 3500 € / person / night + tax.
- Suzy (Suzy Vendégház), Lóczy Lajos u. 7/a, ☎ +36 83 319-621, e-mail: email@example.com. Four twin rooms. Room price: HUF3.500 / person / night, Breakfast is available on request. HUF1000 per person per day.
- Tarr Apartman (Tarr Apartmanház), Apát utca 1., ☎ +36 83 319-862, +36 30 560-1813, fax: +36 83 319-862, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. +email email@example.com
- Tokaji (Tokaji Panzió), Apát u. 21., ☎ +36 83 319-875, fax: +36 83 319-875, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Two outdoor pools, heated indoor pool, heated whirlpool, steam room, salt room, Finnish sauna, fitness room, table tennis, table football, cycling, Wi-fi internet, closed parking for cars. Sgl/dbl/tpl 8.600-9.500/13.600-16.000/ 17.600-20.600 per room, Apartment for two / three / four pers. HUF15.500-19.000/20.000-23.000/21.500-26.000/23.200-27.600.
- Zala Camping & Bungalows (Zala Kemping és Üdülőfalu), Entz Géza sétány, ☎ +36 83 312-782, fax: +36 83 312-782, e-mail: email@example.com. Tent+bike HUF600-700-800;- Tent+car HUF900-1100-1600; -Adult HUF900-1200-1400. - Kid (2-14 years) or pet HUF500-700-850. - Comfort plot HUF1600-2900-3600 - Parcel 100m2 HUF1600-2900-3600; Parcel 80-99 m2 HUF1400- 2600-3300; Parcel 60-79 sqm HUF1200-2100 - 2650; - Parcel 60 m2 HUF1000-1900-3000. All depends of season. - BUNGALOWS: JÁZMIN (4 persons)* HUF9000-14 000-16500. KÁLA (4 persons)* HUF9500-14500-18 000;- FRESIA (3 persons)* HUF7000-10500-13000;- IRISZ (2 persons)* 3 800-4 800-6 500. *+extra bed HUF1 000-1500-2 000;- MENTA (4 persons) HUF8000-12500-14 500. - mobile home (4+2 persons) HUF4200-5500-7500. supplement HUF410 local tax per person.
- Vili Apartman (Vili Apartmanház), Zámor u. 22., ☎ +36 83 319-820, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Modern Appartements, Room with breakfast, - Panoramic view from the Balcony of the Room, - Color TV, - Refrigerator, - Bath and Toilet in every Room, - Swimming Pool in the Garden, - Closed Parkplace - free WiFi Jan-Jun and Sep-Dec: 5000 Ft.-/Person, Jul-Aug 6000 Ft.-/Person.
- City Hospital (Városi Kórház Keszthely), Ady Endre utca 2,, ☎ +36 83 311 060, fax: +36 83 314-221, e-mail: email@example.com.
Phone The local area code is 83. The country code for Hungary is +36.
Keszthely postal code is: H-8360
- Main Post Office (Magyar Posta Keszthely #1), Kossuth Lajos utca 48 (Downtown. Balatoni street corner), ☎ +36 83 312070, fax: +36 83 312355, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 08:00-18:00, Sa 08:00-12:00.
- Fonyód — a nominated to Capital of Lake Balaton
- Sopron — the Loyal Town, very close to the Austian border, bilingual and there is a lot to see (and do)
- Kőszeg — the main sight is the Castle. Border and historic town.