Kerman Province is one of the 30 provinces of Iran. It is in the southeast of the country. Its center is Kerman. The province of Kerman is the second largest in Iran, 181,714 km². The population of the province is 2652413 . The main townships of Kerman province are: Baft, Bardsir, Bam, Jiroft, Rafsanjan, Zarand, Sirjan, Shahr-e-Babak, Kerman, Mahan and Kohnoj.
Kerman province is considered a paradise for palaeontologists because of an abundance of vertebrate fossils from different geological eras. Fossils include Placodermi, jawed and jawless armoured fish dating back to Devonian era or first geological era (395 to 365 million years ago), dinosaurs dating back to the Jurassic era (195 to 65 million years ago) and mammals from the Third Geological Era (ranging from two to seven million years ago).
The history of human settlements in the territory of Kerman dates back to the 4th millennium BC. This area is considered as one of the ancient regions of Iran and valuable historical vestiges have been discovered here. Jiroft is an example, where a previously unknown settlement dating back to around 2500BC has just been established by archeologists. Kerman has an abundance of historical sites and landmarks, 283 in total, according to Iran's Cultural Heritage Organization. Ancient abandoned citadels such as Arg-é Bam and Rayen castle have been preserved in the desert for two thousand years.
Historical documents refer to Kerman as "Karmania", "Kermania", "Germania" and "Žermanya", which means bravery and combat. Geographers have recorded Kerman's ancient name as "Go'asheer" (Bardesheer).
Kerman International Airport (IATA: KER) has regular flights to all major and some smaller cities in Iran.
Kerman is well connected to most parts of the country by bus.
Freeways connect the province to Yazd, Sistan-va-Baloochestan, Hormozgan, Khorasan-e-Jonoobi and Fars.
Kerman is connected to the whole railway network of Iran. It is connected to Yazd and also it will be connected to Zahedan in the near future (under construction).
- The cultural landscape of Maymand, inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List
kashk Bademjan Dizzy Khoresht Sabzi Kalle Pacheh
Candies: Shohan Ghotab Pistachio Date
Five-star Pars Hotel
Kerman province contains the following universities:
- Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman
- Kerman University of Medical Sciences
- Rafsanjan University of Vali Asr
- Rafsanjan University of Medical Sciences
- Islamic Azad University of Baft
- Islamic Azad University of Zarand
- Islamic Azad University of Kerman
- Islamic Azad University of Jiroft
- Islamic Azad University of Bam
- Islamic Azad University of Bardsir
- Islamic Azad University of Shar-e-Babak
- Islamic Azad University of Kahnuj
- Islamic Azad University of Rafsanjan
- Islamic Azad University of Sirjan
- Kerman Khaje-Nasir Higher Education Center
- Shahid Chamran College of Thechnology