Kericho is in Kericho County, within the highlands west of The Great Rift Valley.
Kericho is known in Kenya for its tea fields. Unilever and other companies have large tea plantations around Kericho.
Kericho is well connected by road to Nairobi via Nakuru and to Kisumu on Lake Victoria. Many buses and mini-buses (Matatus) leave Kericho every day. Matatus leave when they are full (the 14 seaters are usually filled with 17 people plus luggage and the drivers bribe the police at checkpoints, so try to get one of the two front seats as they are less stuffed) and that can be every few minutes of every hour, depending on how popular the destination. Easy Coach has two buses a day going to Nairobi for Ksh 1100. from Kericho to Nakuru it is 108 Kms. from Kericho to Kisumu it is 90 kms. from Kericho to Kisii it is 100 kms.
Kericho is a small town and can easily be walked. For the lazy, there are many motorbike taxis.
- Huge tea fields.
- Two Indian temples of the large Indian minority in town (the descendents of the workers who constructed the Mombasa-Kisumu railroad for the British about a hundred years ago).
- Walk around town.
- Swimming pool, Tea Hotel.
- Library (near the Mid West hotel.).
- Buy tea.
- Kenya Commercial Bank. has a visa card/master card ATM
- Drink tea.
- Saiga Lodge, John Kerich Road (Some two minutes walk from the Matatu Station), ☎ 0518011711. The small entrance from the street opens into a surprisingly large courtyard. Has clean rooms with mosquito nets and okay bathrooms. Ksh 800.
- Rex Lodge, Temple Road, ☎ 036131323. single/double rooms Ksh 900.
- Kericho Garden Lodge, Moi Highway, ☎ 036120878. camping/single/double rooms Ksh 900.
- New Sunshine Hotel, Tengecha Road, ☎ 036130037. Clean single/double rooms. hot water Ksh 1000/1400.
- Mwalimu Lodge, Moi Highway, ☎ 0722733663. has 36 single/double rooms with own bathroom from Ksh 800.
There is a "Cyber" (Internet Cafe) next to Saigo Lodge, and some more Cybers all over town.