Kenton-on-Sea is also within easy reach of the Addo Elephant Park and the well-known Shamwari Game Reserve and Kariega Game Reserve. This natural paradise lies between two tidal rivers and offers beaches voted the best in the country. The seafront comprises calm estuaries, sheltered rocky coves and long expanses of pristine sand. The Bushman and Kariega Rivers offer superb fishing, boating, sailing, water-skiing and wind-surfing. World renowned game reserves are located in close proximity to this coastal town
The beaches at Kenton-On-Sea have been voted as the best in South Africa. They offer a choice of beautiful secluded coves, long expanses of sand, unspoilt dunes, and easy swimming in the lagoons and the sea.
Swimming, surfing, fishing, snorkeling, collecting shells, or just strolling on the beach is all part of a day in Kenton. Boats are available for hire for cruising up the two tidal rivers that form the borders of Kenton the Bushmans and Kariega rivers. These rivers also offer superb fishing, sailing, water skiing and windsurfing.
Horse trails, canoe trails, boating and fishing are all available at Kenton.
- Beachcomber Horse Trails, ☎ +27 83 281-3322.
- Assegai Trails, ☎ +27 46 622-8619. Situated outside Kenton
- Boat Registrations, ☎ +27 46 624-4587.
- Halyards Boats, ☎ +27 46 604-3300.
- Kenton Marina. For Boat registrations
- Kingfisher Cruises, ☎ +27 82 361-9750.
- Sunshine Coast Charters, ☎ +27 82 873-7792. Deep sea charters
- Kenton Marina Canoe and paddle ski hire, ☎ +27 46 648-1223.
Situated mid-way between Port Elizabeth and East London, Kenton-On-Sea is within driving distance of the Addo Elephant Park and Shamwari Game Reserve. Bird watching is most rewarding in this part of the Eastern Cape, with horse riding trails through indigenous Milkwood forests. This area is steeped in history and there are many surrounding towns like Grahamstown, Alexandria, Bathurst and Salem which are rich in historical value and worth a visit. For the avid golfer there are two excellent courses within easy reach.
Various game reserves have been established along the upper reaches of both rivers. The unspoiled riverine bush is renowned for its bird-life and adds another dimension to the beauty of Kenton-on-Sea, which forms part of the South African Whale Route. Malaria-free Game Reserves (including Kariega, Sibuya, Amakala, Lalibela, Shamwari, Pumba, Kwandwe and Addo) are within easy driving distance.
Kenton is situated between two tidal rivers (the Kariega and the Bushmans) and has some of the finest beaches.
Royal Port Alfred, Alexandria and Fish River golf courses are nearby.
- 16 Devon Road, 16 Devon Rd, ☎ +27 82 788-8256, fax: +27 86 514-2794, e-mail: email@example.com. This newly furnished fully equipped self catering accommodation comfortably accommodates a maximum of 8 people. It offers wonderful views of the Kariega river mouth, spacious open plan living, four bedrooms and two bathrooms (1 en suite).
- Amblewoods, ☎ +27 46 648-2957, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Enjoy warm Sunshine Coast hospitality. We can accommodate up to 18 guests in either self-catering or a bed & breakfast option. We offer superb accommodation at affordable rates.
- River Roost, ☎ +27 46 648-2850, e-mail: email@example.com. A secret too good to keep to ourselves! Comfortable, secluded cottage on the Bushman’s river.
- Wings B&B and SC, ☎ +27 46 648-1834, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Overlooks Bushmans River mouth, with a view many kilometres along the sea shore to Diaz Cross. Stroll to the beach, a little more than a stone's throw away. Separate from owners' accommodation, with private garden, own entrance and lounge.
- Woodlands (3km from Kenton, on the way to Grahamstown), ☎ +27 46 648-2867. Woodlands hide away cottages are nestled in the privacy of its own indigenous garden with private pathways leading down to the river or discover picnic spots in the secret garden.
- The Oyster Box Beach House, email@example.com, ☎ +27 72 159-4805. This daily-serviced luxury holiday villa has one of the most spectacular views on the South African coastline - overlooking the infinity pool, you see miles of unspoilt beaches and golden sunsets and you are minutes from the beach. The house is beautifully decorated with attention to detail and sleeps up to 8 as SC or B&B.
- Driftwood, firstname.lastname@example.org, ☎ +27 72 159-4805. With cose access to beach, river mouth and lagoon, Driftwood has a fantastic indoor/outdoor entertainment and barbeque area that flows smoothly and quite simply, just works. The open-plan is chic and cool, easy going for seaside living, but with all the detailed touches you'd expect including a beautiful big log fire at the heart of the lounge. The house sleeps up to 10 people.
- The Oyster Shack, email@example.com, ☎ +27 72 159-4805. The Oyster Shack offers stunning detail with a fabulous feel and everything you would need for a luxurious holiday. The setting is just idyllic with the sounds of birds and the ocean and pristine beaches minutes away. The Oyster Shack sleeps up to 8 people in 4 bedrooms and can cater for SC or B&B.