Karratha airport (KTA) is located between Karratha and Dampier.
- Qantas, Skywest and Virgin Australia all fly regularly to Perth. A small number of flights are also conducted to the major cities on the east coast of Australia each week.
There is a coffee shop/bar in the terminal building.
- North West Coastal Highway - either from the south (Perth), or the north (Port Hedland).
Karratha does not have a public transport system. However, taxis are available. All the major car hire companies have offices at the town's airport.
- The 'Red Dog' statue in nearby Dampier
- The Dampier Archipelago
While Karratha has several hotels, prices are uniformly high. Some of the local mining accommodation villages also offer overnight accommodation (including meals) to tourists at relatively low, but still expensive, rates.
- All Seasons Karratha, 1079 Searipple Rd (in the centre of town), ☎ +61 8 9185 1155, fax: +61 8 9185 4325, e-mail: H1904-RE01@accor.com. Featuring 60 rooms, with an outdoor pool, BBQ area and a bistro providing pleasant al fresco dining. Also features two bars, a bottle shop and a conference room. The hotel room rate includes free continental breakfast and 15 minutes free Internet access. A$180-250.
- Karratha International Hotel, Corner of Hillview and Millstream Roads, Karratha, WA, 6714, ☎ +61 8 9187 3333. 4 star hotel offering a high standard of accommodation, dining conferences and functions. It s located close to the business, shopping and entertainment centre.