- South Karpathos (Pigadia, Menetes, Arkasa, Foiniki, Pyles, Othos, Aperi, Volada)
- Central Karpathos (Lefkos, Mesochori, Spoa)
- North Karpathos (Olympos, Diafani)
- Pigadia in the east coast.,
- Aperi in the mainland, isolated village.
- Arkasa on the western coast, lies on the site of an ancient city.
Greek is the native language of the people of Karpathos. However, most people also speak passable English and many speak German or other European languages.
Public buses operate throughout the islands.
There are taxis available until 2AM, then only one or two.
You can rent a car or a motor scooter. Asphalt roads run across the west coast of the island. Roads in the interior turn out to be little more than dirt paths.
Motorbikes and mopeds are popular alternatives to cars. Especially mopeds are frequently used by local youths and can go to many places that cars cannot go - for example the twisted narrow streets of karpathos city. An additional advantage is that they are cheap to rent - 10 to 15 Euros a day is the usual price.
If you start a day-trip with a moped, make you sure you do so on a full tank, as gas stations are sometimes hard to find. An extra stop at a gas station can save a lot of nerves. When renting a moped, check if the profile of the tyres is ok and if the brakes work properly. If it is the last vehicle in store, be suspicious - it could be the one that needs a repair badly. Though helmets are not required on the streets, it might be a good idea to ask your rent-a-bike for one, especially if you intend to drive on streets with more traffic.
- The villages: Avlona, Menetes, Olymbos, Aperi and Pyles. The islands: Saria and Kasos.
- 15 AUGUST 3 days celebration in Menetes.
- Karpathian weddings.
- Karpathian Easter in Menetes village.
- Scuba diving
- wind surfing
There is a good variety of beaches on Karpathos. The south-west side of the island has sandy beaches with calm waters. The wind mostly comes in from the east and also the sea tends to be somewhat rougher to the east.
- Amopi 5 km from the town is the most popular and friendly place for all in karpathos island have 5 beaches where you can find everything from the party beach, the family beach, the quiet beach next to you. There are taveras, markets, bus every hour ? and taxi station. The prices for one umbrella and 2 chairs is 6 euro per day, the prices in tavernas are logical, all the beaches are free for all, and the beaches are Mikri (small) and Megal (large). Votsalakia beach in front of votsalakia beach hotel, Kastelia in front of Aegean village hotel, Maounas in front of Kastelia bay hotel.
- Afiartis , 15 km from the town is a very good place for wind surfing.
- Achata beach 15 km from town, further to the North, is a pebble beach ith deep waters.
- Kyra Panaya beach 12 km from town, named after Madonna, is situated between rocks capes. To swim in its deep waters demands caution.
- Apella 20 km from town.
- Agios Mynas beach 20 km from town in the north of Karpathos, although isolated, has become more and more popular, however the prices of restaurants and chartering of deckchair and beach umbrellas have risen a lot.
- ArkasaWell organized beach in Arkasa situated southwestern to Pigadia.
It is one of the best beaches of the island with sandy beach with nice white sand and shallow sea while it is very popular because of big wave. There are sun beds and umbrellas, showers, restaurants and it is reachable by car.
- Lefkos it's on the east coast 25 km from the town.
Kyra Panaghia beach
- Jewelry stores are common low tax in the island
- Colorful sea shells are a popular souvenir item,
- Many brand name products for sale in the tourist shops.in karpathos there is tax 6% only !!!!!!!
- Many thinks from locals handmade boots, olive oil, sweets, honey etc.
You can eat local food like makarounes and other plates in many tavernas and restaurants, but it is not all original recipes. fresh fish at sokaki ambrosia restaurant is a must try
The tap water is drinkable and restaurants will serve glasses of ice water upon request. Local drinks include Mythos (beer) and Ouzo.The prices for alcohol are low.
Karpathos is a generally safe destination.