Anandashram has a green gazebo where you are surrounded by birds and butterflies all the time
Kanhangad or Hosdurg is a small town in the Kasaragod district of the Malabar region of Kerala, India.
Nithyanand Cave Temple
Shiva Temple at Bellur
Buses are available from Kasaragod, Mangalore and Kannur.
There is a railway station at Kanhangad.
- Autorikshaws charge ₹15.00 per km
- Buses charge only ₹7.00 for three km.
Pulli Karinkaliyamma Temple
- Ananda Ashramam (Anandashram), Mavungal Rd, ☎ +91 4672209477, e-mail: email@example.com. Daily lecture sessions from 3.30pm to 4.30pm. Free food and accommodation to all visitors. Gardens, Bhajan Hall, Goshalas and Library. The Panchavati Garden is an elevated seating place ideal for meditations and daydreams under the canopy of five sprawling trees. There is a special field for growing grass for the cattle and the small gazebo in the middle of the green field is an ideal location for writing poems as birds and butterflies surround you all the time.
- Carithas Convent and Church, Near Mothers Hospital (1 km).
- Guruvanam, Arayil palam, Nileshwar Road. An ashram in a forestlike silent place.
- Kareem Forest, Puliyam Kulam, Parappa (23 km from Kanhangad). 32 acres filled with medicinal plants, birds, insects, reptiles, amphibians, small animals and microorganisms. Popular with students of Botany and Zoology.
- Karpooreshwara Temple, Poonkavanam, Hosdurg.
- Madiyan Koolam Temple, Ajanoor. This temple located at Manikoth is dedicated to Bhadrakali.
- Shiva Temple, Bellur, Kanhangad.
- Sri Pulli Karinkaliyamma Temple, Kanhangad (very cute structure).
- Theyyam Temple, Madiyan Koolam, near Kanhangad at Manikoth. Dedicated to Bhadrakali. During the temple festival in May/June and December/January, the ceremonious theyyam is performed here.
- Walk in the Virgin Beach, Vadagara-Mukku Beach, Kanhangad, behind the railway station (5 km).
Puttu or steamed rice cake is eaten here with fish curry and black tea
- Carre Food Court, Opposite Railway Station.
- Cita Pani Restaurant, Mall of India (1 km). for chicken specialities
- DTPC Vazhiyoram Restaurant, Periya Junction.
- Malabar Delicacies. There are many restaurants offering authentic Malabar meat and fish preparations.
- P.C.Fast Food Restaurant, Kalluravi north, Kalluravi Rd, Kovalpalli.
Children playing at the beach road
- Ananda Ashram, Mavugal Rd (3 km). Free food and accommodation. Meditation and spiritual lessons.
- Bakel International, T.B.Road.
- Land Mark Vinayaka, Near new bus station, Alamipally.
- Raj Residency, Nileshwar Road (2 km).
- Safari Palace, Putiya Valappu.
- Traffic Raj Residency, Alamipally. ₹3,200.
Hostels on Monthly Rent
- Carthias Institute Womens Hostel, Near Railway station (1 km). run by nuns.
- Bekal Fort on bekal beach, 17 km.
- Kannur beach city with many fine hotels, 70 km
- Kozhikode major city with fine restaurants, 159 km
- Madikeri, cute little hill station, 117 km