Kaksni is in the Nuwakot District. It is located 20 km along the road from Kathmandu to Trisuli Baazar, the turn off to the village is located just before the police checkpoint where there is a cluster of shops. The road to the accommodation options in the village passes though a UN AFP training camp.
- Thai Airways memorial park dedicated to the 113 passengers of a flight that crashed nearby during bad weather. The crash location can be seen from the park on a clear day.
- International Mountaineers Memorial Park is on the south side of the village. There are several benches where you can enjoy the views over the valley below
- Prince Guesthouse and Hotel (across from View Himalaya Resort). Newly built guesthouse with simple rooms. Bathrooms are small with western-style toilets and are clean with solar hot showers. Beds are hard cotton mattresses but with thick blankets for the cold weather. There is a rooftop area where you can see north over the hill towards the Himalayas. Small shop run by the guesthouse owners next door which serves food but there's no menu. Very popular with locals travelling through Kakani. 800-1200 depending on room type, less for locals.
- Tara Gaon Hotel. Located on a large block of land overlooking the village. 1500/night, less than 900 for locals..
- View Himalaya Resort (next to the Thai Airways Memorial Park). Views from the top of the hill. Restaurant has a large menu but is expensive, there are numerous signs up stating that there is a 10% service charge on all items (including opening a 300r bottle of beer). 1200-1500/night.
- Kakani Mountain View Hotel and Resort, Kakani-6,Kakani,Nuwakot,Nepal., ☎ +977-9802010210. Check-in: 12:00, check-out: 12:00. Recently opened Kakani Mountain View Hotel & Resort currently has 7 cozy rooms with attached bathroom. It is located next to the main road to Tara Gaun Resort. From the rooftop restaurant we can view the Kathmandu Valley in a distance, guarantees impressive sunrise and sunset every morning and evening also the great himalayan range from Himchuli until Langtang Mountain. Has indoor & outdoor restaurants with Karaoke. Serves various cuisines, and the signature is the traditional Dhindo & Gundruk Sandeko with Buff Sukuti. Wifi throughout the hotel, with internet connected computers in the reception; it's the only place with internet acces in Kakani. 800.