Kühlungsborn is a popular seaside resort on the Baltic coastline in Central Mecklenburg. It is a centerpiece of the Mecklenburg Riviera. About 7400 people live permanently in the resort town, but more than 3 million overnight stays make it a lively place throughout the year.
The Baltic Sea Autobahn A20 is the easiest way into town.
- The historical narrow-gauge railway Molli Spa Express (Bäderbahn) takes you through three stations in Kühlungsborn (West, Mitte, Ost) and to nearby resort Bad Doberan with Heiligendamm, as well as to the famous horse race track.
- Going around by feet or bike is the easiest thing to do.
- Baltic Sea watchtower. old East German border troops watchtower
- Kühlungsborn Pier. 240 metrre long moder pier
- Bäderbahn Molli (Molli railway). narrow-gauge steam-powered railway
- Marina Kühlungsborn. a yacht harbour with several activities and bars
- the fine sandy and long-stretched beach attracts visitors for bathing, jetskiing, kitesurfing, stand-up paddling and sandcastle construction
- Jugendgästehaus, Dünenstraße 4, ☎ +49 38293 17270.
- Upstalsboom Hotelresidenz & SPA Kühlungsborn, Ostseeallee 21, ☎ +49 38293 42990.