This is a calendar of events and festivals for the month of July.
Events in July
What is going on in:
- Calgary Stampede: 3-12 July 2015 . 10-day Western-themed festival (date needs updating)
- Just for Laughs / Juste pour Rire: 8-26 July 2015 Montreal. 3 week long comedy festival (date needs updating)
- Landshut Wedding: July 2017 Landshut. quadrennial re-enactment of the medieval wedding of the son of the Duke of Landshut with over 2,000 participants in
- VOLT Festival: 29 June - 2 July 2016 Sopron. Music festival with mostly hungarian artists, and usually one or two famous foreign artists per day
- Knysna Oyster Festival: 3-12 July 2015 Knysna. (date needs updating)
- Berg River Canoe Marathon: 16-19 July 2014 Paarl. (date needs updating)
- Bastille Festival: 12-13 July 2014 Franschhoek. The weekend closest to the 14th (date needs updating)
- International Film Festival: 16-26 July 2015 Durban. Durban (date needs updating)
- Winchester Hat Fair: July Winchester (England). a festival of street theatre
- Sesiwn Fawr: 18-20 July 2014 Dolgellau. Music Festival. (date needs updating)
- Clam Festival: 17-19 July 2015 Yarmouth (Maine). (date needs updating)
- Seafair: 31 July - 2 August 2015 Seattle. The biggest festival in Seattle that marks arrival of summer. Soapbox races, parades, and annual performance of the Blue Angels sky acrobat team. (date needs updating)
- Summerfest: 30 June - 5 July 2015 Milwaukee. the World's Biggest Music Festival with over 700 bands (date needs updating)
National public holidays and religious dates in July
Date to be aware of when travelling.
- Bahamanian Independence Day: 10 July annually Bahamas.
- Canada Day: 1 July annually Canada. formerly Dominion Day
- Bastille Day: 14 July annually France. national day. Because day off work is 14th of July celebrations are often held 13th of July
- Nelson Mandela's Birthday: 18 July annually South Africa.
- Asarnha Bucha (Asanha Puja): 22 July 2013 Thailand. is a Buddhist festival which typically takes place in July, on the full moon of the eighth lunar month. It commemorates the Buddha’s first sermon in Benares and the founding of the Buddhist sangha. The day is observed by donating offerings to temples and listening to sermons. Is a public holiday. (date needs updating)
- Khao Phansa: 23 July 2013 Thailand. This day marks the beginning of the Buddhist "Lenten" period, a time when monks are supposed to retreat to their temples while new life springs forth. Known as "Khao Phansa", Buddhist Lent is a time devoted to study and meditation (date needs updating)
- American Independence Day: 4 July annually United States of America.
|Calendar of events and festivals|
|January | February | March | April | May | June|
|July | August | September | October | November | December|