- Not to be confused with Icheon.
- Not to be confused with Incheon International Airport.
Incheon is an historically and economically significant place for Koreans. During the Korean War, the city was the site of the Incheon Landing by American forces. Today, it is a metropolitan city with the population of about 2.8 million, politically independent from Seoul. Also, the city serves as a transportation hub by air and sea, with a massive harbor and a major international airport. Several beautiful islands, such as Yeongjong Island and Ganghwa Island, are also within city limits. The status of the area is set to increase as various national projects are in development here. The New Songdo City plan, the most expensive real estate development in Korean history, is in progress. One of the world's tallest twin tower buildings, 151 Incheon tower, is under early construction and Korea's current tallest building, the Northeast Asia Trade Tower, is already finished. It is planning to launch further independent mini-cities for shopping, housing, and education. Added to this real estate development, and will also invite a large number of visitors for the 2014 Incheon Asian Games. Despite these developments, the Songdo area of Incheon is currently unfinished and largely uninhabited, not yet a viable destination for tourists. Travelers are more likely to enjoy the bustling eastern side of Incheon which blurs into the vast expanse of Seoul.
|Daily highs (°C)||3.0||5.7||11.1||16.7||21.5||25.4||28.4||27.6||25.6||20.0||12.7||1.4|
|Nightly lows (°C)||-3.9||-1.6||3.7||8.8||13.2||19.2||22.3||22.1||18.8||12.0||5.8||-5.3|
Korea Meteorological Administration, 2014
Incheon's climate is similar to Seoul.
Incheon International Airport is South Korea's main gateway. The AREX train connects the airport to Gyeyang (20 min), where you can transfer to the Incheon subway line. Alternatively, the limousine bus line (50 min) is always available to go to many places in Incheon, or you can take a taxi (25 min) to get into the city.
The largest operator is now Weidong, but passengers can look at full listings on the port's website (only in Korean). These ferries are similar to miniature cruise lines and provide karaoke rooms, console games, and DVD rentals (private rooms only).
The trip can take as long as 24 hours, so if you have an economy ticket, request a sleeper bunk for a comfortable trip. If they are all taken, however, the only other option for an economy ticket is the sleeping deck where everyone will stay like sardines in a can. Arrive at the terminal 2–3 hours before departure to ensure there is availability for the bunks.
Kyeong-in line called Metropolitan Line 1 links Seoul to Incheon. The line often provides express trains that skip some minor stops between Dong-incheon station and Yongsan station. By using the express trains passengers can save up to 30 minutes depending on where they go and for the same fare.
From Seoul, there are some express bus routes which mainly exist for commuters.
|1000||Seoul Station||Gyeongnam Honorsbill|
|1100||Seoul Station||Naho Park|
|1200||Seoul Station||Miju Bathhouse|
|1300||Seoul Station||Dongmak Station|
|1400||Seoul Station||Incheon Terminal|
|1500||Seoul Station||Lotte Mart|
Most of them connect Incheon from Seoul station, Shinchon and Gangnam station. For example, route 1400 links Seoul station, Shinchon, Hongdae and Bupyeong.
There are several ways to get around Incheon.
Subway line No.1 and Suin line have connected to Seoul and Gyeonggi Province. The subway line passes through many famous places.If you get off the 'Gyeyang station', you can see the Gyeongin Ara Waterway.
For visitors who want to visit more places in Incheon, local bus lines could be another great option. There are currently about 2,000 operating buses; therefore, a visitor can go almost everywhere.
Land and water double use bus
In Ara waterway, there are several 'land and water double use buses'. You can stop by and experience them. It takes about 1 hours and you can look around in Ara Waterway. The hours of operation are AM 11:00 / AM 11:30 / PM 3:30 / PM 5:30 on weekdays. On weekends, the hours of operation are from AM 10:00 to PM 18:00. The times between departures are 30 minutes or 1 hour.
There are a number of taxis on the street, and a taxi can be called under 1577-5588.
- Taeung-jon Hall, Chondung-sa Temple (전등사 대웅전). This temple is Korea treasure 178 issue. It was appointed in 1963.
- Incheon government office building (인천도호부청사), Namgu-maesohol road 589. It was the first to be declared a tangible cultural property in Incheon.
- Buddhist Sanctuary,Jeong-Su Temple (강화 정수사 법당), Hwado-myeon Sagi-ry 467-3, Gwanghwa. It is the No. 161 national treasure.
- GangHwa Hyanggyo (강화향교). Hyanggyo is the Confucian temple and school to teach local students in the Joseon Dynasty period .
- GangHwa Daesan-ry dolmen distant view (강화대산리지석묘원경), 1189,Daesan-ry,Ganghwa-eup. It is appointed in 1995. This cultural property is related to brazen age.
- Seonsu-guard post (선수돈대), 1831, Nae-ry, Hwado-myeon. It was made the Joseon Dynasty period. Also it is one of the guard post in 48 guard post.Nearby region, southern, northern guard post also exist.
- Arts Centre. An arts and entertainment venue located in Guwol-dong (with which it is loosely synonymous). There are several large department stores, cinemas, designer shops, restaurants, and a central square named Rodeo Street. Sporting events are sometimes shown on a screen in the central square. Also, the place has a couple of stadiums for professional baseball and soccer games.
- Chinatown. This is the only official Chinatown in South Korea. Chinatown is full of Chinese restaurants and souvenir shops. Of course, many Chinese people reside there, so Chinese schools are there too. The area is located at the end of Metropolitan Line 1 that directly connects Incheon with Seoul. The main entrance to Chinatown is in front of the Incheon station. The area is very crowded with visitors on weekends, so if you'd like to avoid crowds, go during the week.
- Liberty Park (Jayu park). Liberty Park is located next to Chinatown. For most Incheon citizens, the park is well known for General MacArthur's statue and the memorial of the Centennial Anniversary of U.S.-South Korean relations.
- Independence Memorial Hall. This was built to celebrate Korea's independence from Japan. There are a monument of General MacArthur and several other statues that symbolize the country's independence.
- Songdo International City. This is a multi-billion dollar planned city where Korea's tallest building, the North Asia Trade Tower, is located. In addition, the world's tallest twin tower buildings, 151 Incheon Tower, are in the early stage of construction. As part of the Free Economic Zone, Songdo represents the bright future of Incheon. This area is still very much in development, however, and not currently recommended for visitors.
- Incheon Islands. There are several islands accessible by ferries. Most islands provide comfortable environments with fresh air and various cuisines that allow visitors to stay away from city life for a while. Also, the islands have great hiking roads and beaches. Here are several islands people can easily visit: Daecheongdo, Yeonpyeongdo, Ganghwado, Yeongjongdo, Muuido, and Deokjeokdo.
- Wolmido. Wolmido was a major harbor in Incheon until Yeonan Budu was developed. However, visitors can still do many things in Wolmido. There is a small park, surrounded by a nature walk road. There are also many seafood restaurants and cafes with a great ocean view. What is more, a small harbor that can bring visitors to several islands is still operating. The most famous place is an amusement park popular with locals. People call Wolmido's pirate ship ride the scariest in the Korea, because the seat belts are loose. However, there are no known actual safety problems with this ride.
- Incheon Munhak Stadium, 482 munhak-dong, Nam-gu, ☎ +82 32 200-7500.
- Go to the hot place in Guwol-dong. If you go, you can enjoy the nightlife. It has many delicious restaurants and pubs.
- Incheon culture & arts center (인천문화예술회관), 1408 Guwol-dong, Namdong-gu, ☎ +82 032 427 8401. The Incheon Culture & Arts Center has served as the home of culture and the arts in Incheon.
- haughty cat (도도한 고양이), Rodeo Plaza 5th floor 1463-2 Guwol-dong, Namdong-gu, ☎ +82 032 433 8584. It is a pet cat café that you can drink some coffee and enjoy with cats. All beverages: 8,000won.
- Fairy-tale town (동화마을), Songwol-dong 3-ga, Jung-gu. This town is designed to show like fairy tales.
- G tower, Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu. This tower rises to a height of over 30 meters. It is a great building to see all of Songdo at a glance.
- Central Park, Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu. This park is an ideal place for a walk.
- NCcube Canal Walk, Canal Walk 17-1 Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu, ☎ +82 32-723-6300. It is a good place for shopping. It's called Venice in Incheon.
There are several movie theaters in Incheon. Big multiplex movie theater chains, such as CGV, Lotte Cinema and Megabox, are represented in Incheon and show movies of various genres.
- CGV Incheon, 4th floor, SEE&SEEE, 1130 Guwol-dong, Namdong-gu, ☎ 1544-1122. 14 screens and 3390 of seating capacity
- CGV Incheon terminal, 15 Gwangyo-dong, Nam-gu, ☎ 1544-1122. 4 screens and 516 of seating capacity
- CGV Bupyeong, 489, Majang-ro, Bupyeong-gu, ☎ 1544-1122. 10 screens and 1464 of seating capacity
- Lotte Cinema Incheon, 7th floor, Lotte department store, 1455 Guwol-dong, Namdong-gu, ☎ 1544-8855. 9 screens and 1341 of seating capacity
- Megabox Yeonsu, 106, Beotkkot-ro, Yeonsu-gu, ☎ 1544-0070. 9 screens and 1650 of seating capacity
In Incheon, there are a large number of quality restaurants, but do not expect the staff to be able to speak English.
Bupyeong and Guwol-dong Rodeo Street are two main areas for food and drink. A variety of genres are available. Korean food generally offers a delightful and exciting experience. If someone is not familiar with Korean food, there are also many American and Italian restaurants which could be a safe bet for foreign visitors.
- Bupyeong New-York Chinese restaurant (부평 뉴욕반점), ☎ 032-516-4488. It is very famous Chinese restaurant in Bupyeong. The Sweet and Sour Pork was made with sweet rice. Also employee directly cut this Sweet and Sour Pork. A course= 20,000won / B course= 25,000won / C course= 30,000won.
- Warmhearted Chicken feet (정든 닭발), ☎ 032-426-1111. It is franchise brand. Many south korea people like to eat Chicken feet 12,000won.
- Yeon gyeong white jajang (연경짜장), 5-1,3ga bokseong-dong, jung-gu, ☎ 032-765-7888. This restaurant went on the air lots of times. It is in the Chinatown white jajangmyeon 8,000won.
- Original Sinpo sweet and sour chicken (원조 신포닭강정), 1-12 Sinpo-dong, Jung-gu, ☎ +82 32-762-5853. This restaurant serves sweet and sour chicken. The sweet and sour chicken is a thing for which Incheon is famous.
- Samgang Seolleongtang (삼강설렁탕), 95-8 Gyeong-dong, Jung-gu, ☎ +82 32-772-7885. This restaurant serves seolleongtang. (Seolleongtang is a stock soup of bone and stew meat.) This restaurant boasts of a tradition that goes back 60 years. Seolleongtang: 6,000won.
- Japanese Bistro (작은식당), Hyundai Hillstate Apt.402 No. 110, 21-60 Songdo-dong, Yeonsu-gu, ☎ +82 32-833-7720. This restaurant serves Japanese food. The Pork Cutlet with Mozzarella Cheese is a thing for which Songdo is famous. Set Menu with Pork Cutlet with Mozzarella Cheese: 11,000won, Set Menu with Pork Cutlet: 8,000won, Buckwheat Soba Noodles: 6,000won, Udon: 6,000won.
- Teru (테루), 107, Art center-daero, Yeonsu-gu, ☎ +82 32-723-6600. everyday 11:00~22:00. This restaurant serves Japanese food. The Cheese fondue pork cutlet is a thing for which Songdo is famous. Cheese fondue pork cutlet: 9,900won, Triple cheese pork cutlet: 8,900won, Set Menu with soba Noodles: 7,900won, Croquette : 1,500won.
- Dokyo Panya (도쿄팡야), 194, Central-ro, Yeonsu-gu, ☎ +82 32-831-1025. everyday 10:00~22:00. This is a bakery. This bakery's breads cost more, but they are also more delicious and healthy than other bakeries' breads.
- Sushiway (스시웨이), 232, Central-ro, Yeonsu-gu, ☎ +82 32-834-3704. everyday 11:30~22:00. This restaurant serves Japanese food. It is famous for fresh sushi.
- myeong-dong boiled barley (명동보리밥), 232, 1134, Guwol1-dong, ☎ 032-435-3393. Korea people like to eat boiled barley. If you stop by here, you can eat it.
- Cuttlefish super, Bupyeong, ☎ +82 10-7168-1874. There are always many people in this shop. And they manage the facebook page
- Cheap Shots, Bupyeong, ☎ +82 10-7168-1874. Closed Monday. Opens at 6 Tuesday through Sunday. A fairly new foreigner-owned bar with weekly trivia nights and other events. Owner Tommy is very friendly and also makes good food.
- N's pub, Bupyeong. Small but good atmosphere. Very cheap drinks and beer (but no soju); a recent favorite for both foreigners and Koreans.
- Red Rock chicken, Bupyeong. Many people who go to Bupyeong, they go to this chicken store. It is very popular in Bupyeong.
- The Shine, Bupyeong. A high-class atmosphere for budget prices, The Shine is a traditional bar in that you have to buy anju (안주, appetizer or meal) with your drinks, but the food is quite good. Drinks are reasonably priced and beer can be purchased in towering dispensers which shoot dry ice through a tube and out a chimney on top.
- Korean-style raw beef village, Bupyeong. Many people drink soju or beer in Korea-style raw beef. This store is also popular in Bupyeong.
- Chunnyue Sarang (천년의 사랑), 526-6,ongneyon-dong (Songdo hilltop hotel street.). Korea's original tea & wine, snack. The master's dress is oriental Korea costume and interior is Oriental culture style. 5,000won~6,500won.
- Woodstock (Bupyeong). The original Woodstock is small (about 2 dozen seats) but is comfy and has nice bartenders. The newly opened second location (also in Bupyeong) is much bigger.
- Liquor Burger, Incheon, Yeonsugu, Yeonsu2dong, 600-1, Third Floor, ☎ +82 32-816-8988, e-mail: email@example.com. 7pm - 3am. This is Yeonsu dong's go-to for beer, burgers and events. The bar is owned by a very friendly American guy and his Korean wife. They have dart leagues, foosball, trivia nights, live music, movie nights and on-demand music videos for free. It's a small neighborhood, so everyone knows everyone. You'll never go there without seeing a friendly face. Every couple of months they do big events in which they take 40 of the locals on weekend getaways. Great mix of foreigners and Koreans! Drinks from 3,000 won. Food from roughly 5-10,000 won..
- O'Malley's Irish Pub, 1474-3 Guwol-Dong, Namdong-Gu, Incheon, Top Plaza 4th Floor (Across the street from Shinsegae Dept Store, Near Woori Bank), ☎ +82 32-424-3006. A truly western-style pub/sports bar on the outskirts of the lively "Square" in Guwoldong. They have reasonably priced drinks and great western-style-pub-food (burgers, club sandwich, chicken wings, etc.) Great atmosphere and hang out for mostly westerners but Koreans are usually there, as well.
- Rio's Western Bar, Guwol-Dong Square (Arts Center). Perhaps the only 'Western-style' bar outside of Bupyeong regularly packed with foreigners. The pub is quite well hidden and therefore tends to attract the same local English teachers rather than wandering tourists. Located on the 3rd floor in the same building is the massive (and rather infamous) King Kong Hof, also frequented by Westerners on weekends.
- Goose Goose (Bupyeong). Innocuous enough from the outside, Goose Goose is perhaps the largest and busiest westerner zone in town on a Saturday night. The "pub jukebox" is an open desktop computer running iTunes. Excuse the Canadian's playing Celine Dion. And the Brit obsessed with Adele.
- Who's Bar (Bupyeong). A cosy western bar great for catching up on English football. The owner is a very friendly young fellow who'll offer a free drink to new ESL teachers.
Hotels are gathered in song-do international city. If you come to city, you don't have to difficult to reserve accommodations.
- Sheraton Hotel, Yeonsugu Convensia Road 153 (In songdo international city), ☎ +82 32 835 1000, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oakwood Hotel, Yeonsugu Convensia Road road 165, ☎ +032 726 2000, e-mail: email@example.com. It is located in Songdo international city.
- Central park Hotel, Yeonsugu songdo-dong 38, ☎ +032 310 5000, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is located in Songdo international city and comprises two buildings (one is a hotel and the other is a residence).
- Gyeongwonjae ambassador Hotel, Yeonsugu technopark-road 200, ☎ +032 729 1101. It is located in Songdo international city and it was made in a traditional Korean style named '한옥'.
- Holiday inn Incheon songdo Hotel, Yeonsugu tower-road 251, ☎ +032 250 0001. It is located in Songdo international city and is nearby Posco Engineering & Construction Building.
- Orakai songdo park-Hotel, Yeonsugu technopark-road 151, ☎ +82 32 210 7000, e-mail: email@example.com. It is located in Songdo international city and is near Songdo Central Park Hotel.
These Resorts are not far from to incheon international airport
- W5 resort, Ongjin-gun, yeongheung-myeon, ☎ 032 891 0152, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 86.51 dollar ~ 190.31 dollar according to room size and day of the week.
- Yeong-heung resort, Wae Ry, Ongjin-gun, yeongheung-myeon, ☎ 032 885 1600, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Woosung resort, Nae-ry 724-132,Ongjin-gun,yeongheung-myeon, ☎ 032 882 1235, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. The price is different according to a type of room. The base type of A is $68 on weekdays, $85 on weekends and $110 in peak season.
- Young Jong Sky resort, yongyuseoro 379,Jong-gu, ☎ 032 745 9000.
- Seonjae-do landscape resort, Seonjae-ro 306 31-99,Ongjin-gun,yeongheung-myeon, ☎ 032 885 1739. This is also different according to the size of room. The 11 pyeong room's price is $85 in weekday, $110 in friday and saturday. In case of peak season, $127 in weekday and $144 in weekend.
In South Korea, the word for a boarding house where three meals a day are provided along with your room is "pension". There are 1,635 pensions around Incheon according to a 'Naver page', including the following:
- IRIS pension (아이리스 펜션) (Yeongheungdo Island), ☎ +070 4141 6844.
- Largo Ville, Hwado-myeon,Ganghwa-gun sea side road 2845 25, ☎ +032 555 8868, e-mail: email@example.com.
There are 39 guest houses according to a 'Naver page', including the following:
- Incheon airport guest house, Gonghang-ro 424 50, jung-gu, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 43.25 dollar ~ 77.85 dollar.
- Koreamie guest house, woon nam-dong 448-1,jung-gu, ☎ +032 747 0366, e-mail: email@example.com. 43.25 dollar ~ 216.26 dollar according to room size.
- World guest house, woon seo-dong 2850-3,jung-gu, ☎ +032 743 2882, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 43.25 dollar ~ 77.85 dollar.
- Equu guest house, 367, cheongracanal-ro seo-gu, e-mail: email@example.com. 43.25 dollar ~ 129.76 dollar.
- Welcome guest house, 424-72,gonghang-ro,jung-gu, ☎ + 032 743 7711, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 43.25 dollar ~ 77.85 dollar.
|Routes through Incheon|
|END ←||W E||→ Yongsan → Seoul|
|END ←||W SE||→ Suwon → Cheonan|