Hull is a town in Massachusetts in the South Shore region. The town is a series of islands connected by sandbars and causeways that comprise the Nantasket peninsula. The beaches are among the best in New England with fine gray sands.
- Logan International Airport in Boston is the nearest large airport.
- From Boston by car, take Interstate 93 South to Route 3 South to Exit 14 (Route 228). At exit 14, go left and follow Route 228 north about 10 miles.
- Ferry service to/from Boston, 180 Main St (at Pemberton Point), ☎ +1 617-222-6999. Service to Long Wharf and Logan Airport in Boston.
Hull is a narrow peninsula and therefore has one major road in and out, Nantasket Ave. Hull is surrounded by two waterfronts, the "beach side" and "bay side". Most neighborhood streets run in a grid-like fashion leading to either the bay or beach side, and cross over Nantasket Ave which runs down the middle of the peninsula. One can travel Nantasket Ave. all the way to the tip of Hull, known as Hull Gut, which is where the local high school, ferry and windmill are located. A good view of Boston proper can be seen across the channel.
- The Hull Lifesaving Museum, 1117 Nantasket Av (at the Point Allerton U.S. Life-Saving Station), ☎ +1 781 925-5433, fax: +1 781 925-0992. Year round. W-Su 10AM-4PM. Lifesaving exhibits on history and tools. Children's area with a play attic for youngsters, complete with dress-up trunks, games, puzzles, maritime activities, and a climb-on sailing ship. Nice observation cupola with great views. Adults $5, Seniors $3, under 18 free.
- Paragon Carousel Station, 205 Nantasket Av, ☎ +1 781 925-0472. A 1928 carousel rescued from the Nantasket Park closure.
- Boston Harbor Islands, a National Park Area, ☎ +1 617 223-8666. Take a Ferry, (180 Main St. at Pemberton Point, ) out to Georges Island and water shuttles to visit any of five other islands in Boston Harbor. Ranger-led activities, events, narrations, or just swim, picnic, camp or fish.
- Nantasket Beach, 228 Nantasket Av, ☎ +1 617 727-1330. Over 3.5 miles of fine, hardpacked sand beach. 1,000-car parking lot. Lifeguards, bathhouses and refreshments. No cooking or alcohol.
- Bridgeman's, 145 Nantasket Avenue, ☎ +1 781 925-6336. Casula fine dining on Northern Italian specialties. Desserts are special here, too. Has the celebrity connection to as the chef is brother to Donnie and Mark Wahlberg. Has the great view, too. $17-$25.
- Raffael's, 45 Hull Shore Dr, ☎ +1 781 925-4515. Daily, lunch and dinner. Casual fine dining. $16-$25.
- Saporito's Club Car Cafe, 11 Rockland Circle, ☎ +1 781 925-3023. Dinner W-Su. Italian/pizza. Tables are packed tightly.
- Le Calypso, 42A State Park Road, ☎ +1 781 925-3199. French. Great sunsets from the outside deck or dine in.
- La Dalat, 181 Nantasket Ave, ☎ +1 781 925-4587. Asian.
- Jake's Seafood Restaurant and Market, 250 Nantasket Road, ☎ +1 781 925-1024. Seafood and market.
- The Red Parrot, ☎ +1 781 925-1115. Nantasket Beach. Large bar and grill on the oceanfront.
- Ocean Club, ☎ +1 781 925-3030. Nantasket Beach. Seafood restaurant on the oceanfront.
- Dry Dock Lounge, 280 Nantasket Av, ☎ +1 781 925-5284. Local hangout, biker friendly.
- The Red Parrot, 175 Atlantic Av (across from Gunrock Beach), ☎ +1 781 925-8692. Casual oceanfront bar and grill.
- The Gunny, 280 Nantasket Av, ☎ +1 781 925-5284. Oceanfront local hangout.
- The Sea Note, 159 Nantasket Av, ☎ +1 781 925-4300. Casual. Quality blues & rock club and billiards. Seasonal from April to Dec.
- Jo's Nautical, 1125 Main St (all the way toward the end of Hull, near high school). Local maritime hangout, boats for sale.
- Clarion Hotel Nantasket Beach, 45 Hull Shore Dr, ☎ +1 781 925-4500.
- Nantasket Beach Inn, 115 Nantasket Av, ☎ +1 781 925-2246.
- Allerton House Bed and Breakfast, 15 Tierney Av. 2 rooms.
- Coastal Cottage Inn, 1 Porrozzo Road, ☎ +1 781 925-6102, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 4 rooms, 3 with ocean view. $90-$140.
Boston or Cape Cod are easy next stops. For an excellent backroads daytrip to Plymouth, take Nantasket Ave southeast to follow the beach coast up towards Gunrock Beach onto Jerusalem Road. Jerusalem Road is a beautiful winding road that offers views of oceanfront mansions. Visit Cohasset village, a quaint New England style town. From there pick up the road 3A to take to Scituate and then Duxbury, more quaint New England villages. Another good place to go for shopping and restaurants would be the town of Hingham which is only 5 minutes away by car. Scenic 3A will lead you all the way to Plymouth. Cape Cod can be accessed in Plymouth by car on 3A or ferry at Plymouth Harbor.
|Routes through Hull|
|END ←||N S||→ Cohasset → Rockland|