Houston/West Inner Loop
The West Inner Loop encompasses many of the poshest, most upscale neighborhoods and business areas in Houston.
Long known as Houston's most exclusive neighborhood, River Oaks is home to a large collection of eye-popping mansions.
This affluent neighborhood is easily accessible from Kirby, Willowick, Inwood, and River Oaks Blvd.
- Memorial Park, 6501 Memorial Dr.. 6AM-11PM. Memorial Park is Houston's premier urban park. The park's 2.88-mile jogging trail is very popular with runners and walkers year-round. The park also has miles of mountain bike trails, several tennis courts, and other options for outdoor recreation. Free.
- River Oaks Theatre. Houston historical landmark theatre.
- River Oaks Country Club, 1800 River Oaks Blvd.. Very, very exclusive club. If you can meet and resident that is willing to take you, there is golf, tennis, fine dining, and swimming. You cannot get in alone. You either have to be a member or have someone who lives in River Oaks sponsor you for membership.
- River Oaks Shopping Center. One of America's first suburban shopping districts and a great display of Art Deco architecture.
- Highland Village Shopping District. Upscale shops and restaurants.
- 100% Taquito, 3245 IH-59 (Southwest Fwy. at Buffalo Spwy.), ☎ +1 713-665-2900. Trendy, authentic Mexico City-type taco joint.
- Goode Company Barbeque, 5109 Kirby Dr. One of the city's most reputed barbeque restaurants. $5-10.
- House of Pies, 3112 Kirby. 24 hours. The best diner in town. Always open, it is a great option for late night eats serving delicious breakfast, hot coffee, and of course a vast array of pies.
- Chuy's, 2706 Westheimer Rd. Tex-mex with flair.
- Epicure Cafe. Tasty European food in a small European like cafe.
- Mission Burritos, 2245 West Alabama. A few (two?) locations, but 2245 West Alabama has more charm. Biggest, best burritos in town; they always have a 'Burrito of the Month' that is a sure bet.
- Churrasco's, 2055 Westheimer Rd. Expensive and delicious South American and Brazilian food.
- La Griglia, 2002 W Gray St. River Oak's favorite place to eat lunch and have a fine dinner.
- Smith & Wollensky, 4007 Westheimer Rd. Some of Houston's best steaks. Extremely fine dining.
- McGonigal's Mucky Duck, 2425 Norfolk (Near Shepherd and US-59), ☎ +1 713-528-5999, e-mail: email@example.com. Local bar, probably the best bet to find a variety of special and cask ales. $4/pt.
- The St. Regis Hotel ($$$$$), 1919 Briar Oaks Ln.