Herzberg am Harz
Herzberg am Harz is in southern Niedersachsen
- Coming from the south you leave the A 7 at Göttingen-Nord (72) to drive the B 27 to Braunlage. Herzberg will be reached after 38 km.
- From the north you leave the A 7 at Seesen (67) and follow the B 243 to Osterode, after another 10 km from Osterode you will arrive in Herzberg.
- Coming from the east you leave the A 38 at Großwechsungen (9) and follow the B 243 for 35 km to Herzberg.
- See also: Intercity buses in Germany
About a 70 km drive away you find Kassel-Calden airport, which receives a very limited number of flights and is thus probably not your best bet in arriving here. Another airport with limited connections (though not as limited as Kassel) can be found near Erfurt. The closest somewhat major international airports are in Hanover (IATA: HAJ) and the one serving Halle and Leipzig (IATA: LEJ). When arriving from further away, flying into Frankfurt Airport (IATA: FRA) and taking the train (change in Göttingen) might work out cheaper or even faster. See air rail alliances.
Herzberg castle was first mentioned in 1154. The town was part of the state of Brunswick-Grubenhagen, and the castle was for some time used as a residence by the dukes. Herzberg became a city in 1929.
- Herzberg Castle, Museum Schloss Herzberg, Schloss 2, 37412 Herzberg am Harz, ☎ +49 55 21 47 99, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ihlas Döner, Am Sieberdamm 3, ☎ +49 55 21 52 25. 3,50€ to 8€.
- China-Restaurant Nanjing, Am Sieberdamm 3, ☎ +49 55 21 61 44. mains 10€ to 15€.
- Landhaus Schulze, Osteroder Straße 7, ☎ +49 55 21 99 62 12, e-mail: email@example.com. Hotel-Restaurant
- Hotel Englischer Hof, Vorstadt 8-10, ☎ +49 55 21 89 69, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. single from 49€ double from 70€.