Henderson lies at the intersection of US highways 41 and 60. US 41 provides access from the north and south, while US 60 can be used to access the city from the east and west. Two of Kentucky's parkways terminate in Henderson. The Audubon Parkway provides access from Owensboro to the east and the Edward T. Breathitt Pennyrile Parkway provides access from Hopkinsville to the south. When completed, I-69 will run through Henderson providing access from the north and south.
- John James Audubon State Park, 3100 US Hwy 41 North, ☎ +1 270 826-2247, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. A state park dedicated to the painter and naturalist John James Audubon. Between 1810 and 1819, the artist owned and lived on property located within the park. The park features a museum, cabins, campground, hiking trails, and a golf course.
- Ellis Park, 3300 US 41, ☎ +1 812 425-1456, e-mail: email@example.com. One of Kentucky's thoroughbred horse racing tracks. The track runs live races from July - September. Simulcast racing is available year round. Note: The track is on the north side of the Ohio River, but is still in Kentucky. The border between Indiana and Kentucky was set in colonial times, when the future site of Ellis Park was south of the river.
- W.C. Handy Blues & Barbeque Festival. A week long festival held in early June which honors W.C. Handy, the "Father of the Blues", who lived in the area during the 1890's. The festival features blues and zydeco music along with the regional barbecue.
- Bagelrama, 230 2nd St., ☎ +1 270 830-9224. 10AM-8PM Monday-Saturday. Bagel sandwiches, salads, and soups.
- Commonwealth Kitchen + Bar, 108 2nd St., ☎ +1 270 212-2133. Casual dining and craft beer.
- Lucy Bella's Pizzeria, 2201 Hwy. 41 N., ☎ +1 270 212-2352. Pizza, sandwiches, and pasta.
- Tokyo Teppanyaki, 2222 US Hwy. 41 North, ☎ +1 270 869-1968. Japanese hibachi and sushi.
Both Henderson and Henderson County are wet. They allow package alcohol sales, bars, and drinks to be sold in restaurants.
Bars, Pubs. & Taverns
- Darren's Pub, 713 N. Green St., ☎ +1 270 827-2206.
- Metzgers Tavern, 1000 Powell St., ☎ +1 270 826-9461.
- Rookies Sports Bar, 117 2nd St., ☎ +1 270 826-1106. 4PM-10PM Monday-Saturday.
Coffee & Tea
- Planters Coffeehouse, 130 N. Main St., ☎ +1 270 830-0927. 7AM-3PM Tuesday-Friday.
- Tea Cafe & Gift Shop, 325 Third St., ☎ +1 270 827-7779, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bed & Breakfasts
- L&N Bed & Breakfast, 319 N Main St, ☎ +1 270 831-1100.
- Victorian Quarters Bed & Breakfast, 109 Clay St., ☎ +1 270 831-2778, e-mail: Info@VictorianQuartersBB.com.
Campgrounds & Cabins
- John James Audubon State Park, 3100 US Hwy 41 North, ☎ +1 270 826-2247. The park has 5 one bedroom cottages as well as a 2 bedroom cottage. The cottages feature a full kitchen, a fireplace, and are available year round. The campground features 66 electric and 21 primitive sites. Amenities include shower houses and a playground. The campground is open April through October.
- Comfort Inn, 2820 US 41 North, ☎ +1 270 827-8191.
- Holiday Inn Express, 2826 US 41 North, ☎ +1 270 869-0533, toll-free: +1 800 315-2621.
- Ramada Henderson/Evansville, 2044 US 41 North, ☎ +1 270 826-6600.
- Sleep Inn, 2224 US 41 N., ☎ +1 270 830-6500.
- Sugar Creek Inn, 2077 US Hwy. 41 North, ☎ +1 270 827-0127.
- Super 8 Henderson-Evansville, 2030 US Hwy. 41 North, ☎ +1 270 827-5611. The Super 8 Henderson-Evansville offers a superior array of affordable luxury amenities and services. Enjoy the huge outdoor pool, relax in a Jacuzzi Suite and get down to business anytime with free wireless Internet and meeting room for up to 100 people.
Most telephone numbers in Henderson consist of +1 270 plus a seven-digit number, but the area is now served by an overlay complex of two area codes, with 364 being the second. A local or in-state telephone call now requires all 10 digits of the local number be dialed (omitting just the leading +1 from a local landline call). The same applies on the Indiana side of the river, with that area now being served by 930 in addition to the old 812.
Signage on many established businesses may still display the original seven-digit numbers; dial 270 before these if no area code is indicated (or 812 if in Indiana).
|Routes through Henderson|
|Vincennes ← Evansville ←||N S||→ Hopkinsville → Chattanooga|
|Sikeston ← Paducah ←||W E||→ Owensboro → Louisville|