Henderson is the second largest city in the State of Nevada. In recent years, the border between Henderson and Las Vegas has become virtually nonexistent. One city butts up against the other. One area of Henderson, Green Valley, was the first master planned community in the state.
From Arizona, Boulder City, Lake Mead or Lake Las Vegas
If you came from Boulder City or Arizona, you can either take US 93 or Route 166, Route 166 is Lakeshore Drive and is gonna change into State Route 564 once, you are not overlapping with Route 147 anymore. Or in US 93, it will change into a Freeway as soon as you pass the Railroad Pass Hotel & Casino. And, what do you may know. If you came from Lake Mead or Lake Las Vegas, get on SR 564 and still continue until you enter Henderson. If took U.S 93, you will have to pass through Boulder City, and never take the exit after crossing over Veterans Memorial Dr intersection. It will head to Searchlights and Needles. And, then, once you get, it will change into an overlapping I-515, and, take any exit you want, this includes Wagonwheel Dr/Nevada State Dr, Boulder Hwy, Horizon Dr, College Dr, or any exit, as long is not on I-215.
From Central Las Vegas
Get on I-515, or I-215, or whatever road you take to get to Henderson Drive. And to enter Central Henderson via I-515, take exit 61 to Lake Mead. And on I-215, none, Continue till end of freeway.
From N. Las Vegas
Get on I-15, and then get on I-515 or I-215, do the same as Central Las Vegas.
There are several sites to see in the Henderson area. They include:
- Ethel M Chocolate Factory (2 Cactus Garden Dr., Off Sunset Road). Offers a free tour and has a large cactus garden.
- Clark County Heritage Museum (1830 S. Boulder Hwy.: Open Daily 9AM to 4:30PM). Historical exhibits include restored houses from various decades of Henderson's history.
- Fiesta Hotel and Casino
- Sunset Station Hotel and Casino
- Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve, 350 E. Galleria Dr. (at Moser Drive), ☎ +1 702 267-4180, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Hours vary by month. See website. Located within the Water Treatment Facility, this 140 acre preserve has nine ponds which attract migratory waterfowl and resident birds. See website for full information.
- There are many casinos of varying sizes throughout the Henderson Area and gambling is a popular pastime. The casinos range from the upscale Green Valley Ranch to smaller, more intimate "locals" establishments.
- The City of Henderson maintains an on-line schedule of events at http://ecalendar.cityofhenderson.com/
- Two weekly farmers markets are held in Henderson, weather and wind permitting. They are at 240 Water St. in front of City Hall (Thursdays from 9AM to 4PM), and 200 S. Green Valley Pkwy (Fridays from 10AM to 4PM).
- Firehouse Subs, 9555 S Eastern Ave, ☎ +1 702 893-3473. Part of the chain of Firehouse Subs, one of the few locations in the Western United States. All their sandwiches are steamed, which adds to the flavor. They have hundreds of bottles of different types of hot sauce or sauces that you can buy if you ask them. They also have a really cool mural on the wall of the Rat Pack dressed as firefighters.
- Ravella At Lake Las Vegas (A Dolce Resort), 1610 Lake Las Vegas Parkway, toll-free: +1-888-810-0440, fax: +1 702 567-4777.
- Blue Chip Vegas, 2630 Sunridge Heights Parkway, toll-free: +1-877-724-4758. Pools, deluxe kitchens, marble baths, HD flat-screen televisions, and complimentary high-speed wireless Internet throughout the suites.
- Courtyard Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley, 2800 North Green Valley Parkway, ☎ +1 702 434-4700, fax: +1 702 434-3888.
- Fiesta Henderson (intersection of I-215 and I-515). Standard rooms, economical and tasty dining, and excellent games. Room rates for players are especially attractive.
- Holiday Inn Henderson, 1553 N Boulder Highway, ☎ +1 702 564-9200. Outdoor pool, restaurant, 24-hour fitness center, and suites with whirlpool tubs and granite bathrooms.
- Residence Inn Las Vegas Henderson/Green Valley, 2190 Olympic Ave, ☎ +1 702 434-2700, fax: +1 702 434-3999. $109-$174.
- Sunset Station Hotel and Casino
- Super 8 Henderson, 2030 US Highway 41 N, ☎ +1 270 827-5611. Outdoor pool, Jacuzzi Suites, free wireless internet, and a meeting room for up to 100 people + business center.
- Wingate by Wyndham - Henderson, 3041 St. Rose Parkway, ☎ +1 702 568-0027. The new Wingate by Wyndham Henderson hotel in Nevada offers plush accommodations, executive two bedroom suites and flexible meeting space.
|Routes through Henderson|
|Ely ← Las Vegas ←||N S||→ Boulder City → Kingman|
|Tonopah ← Las Vegas ←||N S||→ Laughlin → Needles|