Harbor Beach (Michigan)
Harbor Beach is a city in Huron County, part of the Thumb region in Central Michigan. The population is 1,664 as of the 2014 US Census estimates.
Harbor Beach is a small town sitting on Lake Huron in Huron County. Major highways in the town include M-25 and M-142, which intersect practically less than a mile from the shores of the Great Lake. M-25 provides easy access to the larger city of Bad Axe, though its current population sits at just over 3,000 residents.
Michigan State Roads 25 and 142 are the easiest routes to take into town.
The main roads of Harbor Beach are Michigan State Roads 25 (Huron Ave.) and 142 (State St./Sand Beach Rd.).
- Grice House Museum, 865 North Huron Avenue. History of local life. Building from the 1860s
- Harbor Beach Light. Small lighthouse build in 1885.
- Enjoy the beach in the summer. Swim in Lake Huron or go boating.
- IGA ("Party Store"), 8974 Sand Beach Road (West of M-142, at the intersection of Sand Beach and Schock Roads), ☎ +1 989 479 6800. Grocery store at the local Citgo, much larger than that of a gas station convenience store.
- Hunter's Bar, 132 N Huron Avenue (North of Michigan SR 142, on MSR 25), ☎ +1 989 479 3820. Local bar in the waterfront downtown of Harbor Beach.
- Anchorage, 139 S Huron Avenue (South of Michigan SR 142, on MSR 25), ☎ +1 989 479 9494. Seafood restaurant
- Varney's Coney Island Cafe, 190 Ritchie Drive (North on MSR 25), ☎ +1 989 479 6197. Local favorite, serving breakfast all day in addition to their lunch and dinner menus.
- Harbor Beach Inn, 722 State St, ☎ +1 989 479-9424.
- The State Street Inn, 646 State St, ☎ +1 989 479-3388.