Hanau is a city in Hesse, Germany. Famous as the birth place of the Grimm brothers.
German House of Goldsmiths, old town hall of Hanau
- The easiest way to get into Hanau would be via Frankfurt, whose Frankfurt International Airport lies only 30 kilometers away. Frankfurt main station can be reached by both S-Bahn and train. Other train stations are Westbahnhof (close to the city centre), Wilhelmsbad Bahnhof and Nordbahnhof. The S-Bahn also stops in Steinheim.
- ICE stop: Frankfurt - Hannover - Hamburg, Frankfurt - Hildesheim - Berlin, Frankfurt - Leipzig - Dresden, Frankfurt - Würzburg - Nürnberg - München
- Reachable by car as sandwiched between the A3, A66 and A45
- The Hanauer Straßenbahn operates a well developed system of public busses. Freiheitsplatz is the central bus station, right in the city centre.
- There is a direct S-Bahn connection from the main station to Frankfurt and Wiesbaden. Via Frankfurt, many other nearby cities and towns can be reached by train. A train station in the city centre is Westbahnhof, from which a train to Frankfurt leaves every half an hour.
- Cycling is another option, since there are many bycicle lanes. Many of the main sights are also in walking distance from each other.
Schloss Philippsruhe am Ortsrand von Hanau
- The farmer's market on the market square every Wednesday and Saturday is one of the biggest farmer's markets in Hesse and offers a wide choice of regional products.
- The newly opened Forum Hanau is a shopping centre directly next to the central bus station.
- Jazzkeller Hanau, Philippsruher Allee 22. All kinds of drinks, including apple wine, and live music on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Brückenkopf, Wilhelmstr. 15a. Cheap drinks and regional food, occasional live music events.