Gunjur is a town at the Atlantic Ocean in Western Gambia.
Gunjur is a small rural town far away from the resort areas in the northern part of Gambia. Life is still traditional and the day-to-day life of the local community is almost the same for decades. Maybe now it is going to change because of the access to electricity in 2013.
- Bush taxi. There are frequent bush-taxis coming / heading for Brikama from the bus stop
- Gunjur Madina. Visit the lively fisherman's village with the brightly painted fishing boats (pirogues) and its Fisheries Plant.
- Gunjur beach. Explore the seemingly endless pristine beach of Gunjur. Take the sandy road at the bus stop.
- Tapalapa Bread. In the evening you can buy Tapalapa, the Gambian baquette, with eggs or beans around the market at food stands.
You can't buy any alcohol in Gunjur. Next bar is in Brikama.
- Footsteps Eco-lodge.
- The Gunjur Project. 8 rooms, restaurant, bar, swimming pool and a campsite. person/room 1/1100 GMD; 2/1900 GMD; 3/2300 GMD; 4/2600 GMD.