Gulf Coast (Texas)
- Rio Grande Valley - from the Mexican border at Brownsville up to Baffin Bay.
- South Barrier Coast - from Baffin Bay in the south near Kingsville past the Corpus Christi area and up to Port Lavaca.
- North Barrier Coast - heavily developed coastal areas from Point Comfort in the south to Galveston Bay east of Bay City. Includes the sprawling Houston Metropolitan Area.
- Bayous - marshy land from Galveston Bay east to the Louisiana border.
- Corpus Christi
- Port Lavaca
- Lake Jackson
- Port Arthur
- South Padre Island - Resort town on Padre Island. Very popular spring break destination for university students.
- Port Aransas - Town on the northern tip of Mustang Island.
- Crystal Beach - Just a ferry ride from Galveston Island
- Aransas National Wildlife Refuge
- A Taste of Coastal Texas, from Houston along the coast to Corpus Christi.
Hurricanes frequently occur in the summer months. Check for local weather updates while in the area.