The island is well known for its sweet mangoes which are one of the main income sources for most families.
- Jordan - Pronounced as Hor-dan, it is the provincial capital of Guimaras.
Take a 15-minute boat ride from Iloilo City to Jordan. Be careful, because there are two ports in Iloilo that have boats going to Guimaras. One goes to Buenavista and the other one is in Jordan. The port going to Jordan is located in Ortiz (near SM Delgado and Robinson's Place) and can be reached by cab. As of August 2013, pumpboat fares going to Jordan cost ₱14.
Upon arriving in Jordan port, proceed to the Tourism Center just a few meters from the drop-off point. From there, you can ask for assistance about Budget Accommodation and how to get around. There are also several mini-van and tricycle drivers who offer tour rides.
There are several driver-guides which can be contacted prior to arriving in Guimaras:
- Lindon Monreal, ☎ +63 948 927 2661.
- Balaan Bukid
- Guise Light House
- Trappist Monastery
- Mango Plantations
There is a souvenir shop located beside the Guimaras Provincial Capitol where you can buy local delicacies.
The best time to buy mangoes is during summer time (mid-April).
Guimaras' pride are is its mangoes which are known to be one of the sweetest mangoes. Mangoes are grown at a massive production that they are made into dried mangoes, jam and surprisingly... mango ketchup.
- Valle Varde Mountain Resort, Ravina Norte Sibunag. Check-in: 1pm, check-out: 12 noon. fan double room with own bathroom. has a nice swimming pool. p 650 per day.
- J M Backpackers Hometel, JTM Building San Miguel, ☎ +. Check-in: 2pm, check-out: 12 noon. fan double room with own bathroom and cable TV p 995 per night.
- Small Wings Pension Inn, Sam Miguel Jordan. Check-in: 1pm, check-out: 12 noon. a/c double room with own bathroom and cable tv p 995..