Green Bay is a city in Wisconsin well-known as the home town of the Green Bay Packers, an NFL team. It is on the bay of Green Bay and, surrounded by many other villages, cities, and townships, comprises the northernmost tip of what is known as the Fox River Valley, a forty-mile-long collection of communities surrounding the Fox River. Green Bay is known as one the most vibrant, concentrated and supportive NFL football towns in the United States.
Austin Straubel International Airport (IATA: GRB) is the Green Bay Area's chief airport. It is located a few miles west of the city itself on Highway 172. It has service to five cities in the Midwest: Chicago-O'Hare, Cleveland, Detroit, Milwaukee, and Minneapolis/St. Paul.
- Greyhound offers service from Chicago, Milwaukee, Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, and Appleton.
- Jefferson Lines offers service from Minneapolis/Saint Paul, Eau Claire, Milwaukee, and various town in between along the Hwy 29 and I-43 corridors.
- Lamers offers daily service from Madison, Fond du Lac, Oshkosh, and Appleton, plus Friday/Sunday service from Milwaukee, Sheboygan, and Manitowoc.
- Indian Trails offers service from Milwaukee, Sheboygan, Manitowoc, and towns along the US Hwy 41 corridor in northeastern Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
I-43 goes around the east and northern parts of Green Bay. It leads to Milwaukee approximately 100 miles to the south. U.S. Hwy. 41 also leads to Milwaukee from Green Bay's west side. It travels through Appleton, Oshkosh, and Fond du Lac before reaching suburban Milwaukee. Highway 172 is the main east/west artery that slices through Green Bay over the Fox River, connecting I-43 on the east side and Hwy 41 on the west side.
Green Bay has the municipal Green Bay Metro bus system which offers good coverage of the city. The chief method of transportation in Green Bay is by car. Most attractions and businesses offer plenty of available visitor parking.
- Lambeau Field, 1265 Lombardi Avenue. Home stadium of the American Football Green Bay Packers also features a tour of the stadium and the Green Bay Packer Hall of Fame, featuring exhibits of team history.
- Neville Public Museum, 210 Museum Pl, ☎ +1 920 448-4460, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Su noon-5PM, M-Tu,Th-Sa 9AM-5PM, W 9AM-8PM. $5 adults, $3 children 6-15, free for children under 6.
- National Railroad Museum, 2285 S Broadway, ☎ +1 920 437-7623. This sprawling museum has dozens of train engines and cars on display outdoors and in hangars, plus a model railroad, a short train ride , and an observation tower. Hours and prices vary depending on season.
- Lambeau Field, 265 Lombardi Avenue.
- Bay Beach Amusement Park, 1313 Bay Beach Rd, ☎ +1 920 448-3365. A park featuring carnival rides and a roller coaster along the bay of Green Bay. Rides are 25 or 50 cents with the roller coaster costing $1. Free admission, cost for rides.
- Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary, 1660 E Shore Dr, ☎ +1 920 391-3671. A park focused on providing the opportunity to learn about and interact with wildlife. Geared toward children. Located next to Bay Beach Amusement Park.
- NEW Zoo, 4378 Reforestation Rd, ☎ +1 920 434-7841. 9AM-8PM daily. Green Bay's very own zoo. Take a walk on the wild side and visit the many animals of the zoo. $6 adults, $4 seniors 62+ and children 3-15, free for children 2 and under.
- Packers Training Camp. During the late summer before the start of the NFL regular season, the Green Bay Packers practice on outdoor fields across from Lambeau Field (weather permitting). Permanent seating is set up along the practice field behind the Don Hutson training center. free.
- Green Bay Phoenix. The sports teams of the University of Wisconsin–Green Bay are also popular in the area, especially the men's and women's basketball teams (the school has no football team).
- Sassy Girl. Local women's accessories retailer featuring a beautiful downtown location.
- On Broadway. Downtown shopping and entertainment district
- Bay Park Square Mall. The largest mall in the Green Bay area is actually located on Oneida Street in Ashwaubenon. Lots of additional big-box stores and chain restaurants are concentrated in the mall area, and all of it is located just about a mile south of Green Bay's Stadium District.
- The Pancake Place, 143 S Military Ave, ☎ +1 920 499-2221. Lots of pancake options, huge omelets, piles of hash brown skillets, and a full lunch/dinner menu ~$8.
- Kavarna Coffehouse, 143 North Broadway, ☎ +1 920 430-3200. Hands down best vegetarian food in the Greater Green Bay Area. Good coffee, local microbrews, and also a great place to find leads into other Green Bay/Wisconsin gems that you wouldn't find unless you met the right folks. ~$10.
- Title Town Brewing Company, 200 Dousman St., ☎ +1 920 437-2337. Located along the Fox River in an historic railroad depot that was completed in 1899. Two spacious stories, award winning beer, and an outdoor bar facing the river along the railroad tracks. Home to a 22 foot tall football statue that used to sit in front of the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame. Also a full-scale restaurant.
- Kavarna, 143 North Broadway, ☎ +1 920 430-3200, e-mail: email@example.com. Coffee house and vegetarian restaurant.
- The Attic, 730 Bodart St., ☎ +1 920-435-6515. Combination coffee house and used bookstore that offers a wide variety of looseleaf tea.
- Stadium View, 1963 Holmgren Way, ☎ +1 920 498-1989, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. As the name suggests, this huge sports bar is in view of Lambeau Field. Features lots of big screen TVs and indoor/outdoor parties before Packer games during the season.
- Cup O Joy, 232 S Broadway, ☎ +1 920 435-3269, e-mail: email@example.com. Christian coffee house and music venue.
- Best Western Midway Hotel, 780 Armed Forces Dr, ☎ +1 920 499-3161, fax: +1 920 499-9401.
- Cambria Suites Austin Straubel Airport, 1011 Tony Canadeo Run, ☎ +1 920 569-8500, fax: +1 920 569-8555.
- Candlewood Suites, 1125 E Mason St, ☎ +1 920 430-7040.
- Hampton Inn, 201 Main St, ☎ +1 920 437-5900.
- Comfort Inn Lambeau Field, 2841 Ramada Way, ☎ +1 920 498-2060, fax: +1 920 498-2060.
- Fairfield Inn Green Bay Southwest, 2850 S Oneida St, ☎ +1 920 497-1010, fax: +1 920 497-3098.
- Green Bay/Ashwaubenon Microtel Inn & Suites, 3031 Allied St, ☎ +1 920 338-9000, fax: +1 920 338-9100.
- Motel 6, 1614 Shawano Ave, ☎ +1 920 494-6730, fax: +1 920 494-0474.
- Residence Inn Green Bay, 335 W Saint Joseph St, ☎ +1 920 435-2222, fax: +1 920 435-4068.
- Saint Brendan's Inn, 234 S Washington St, toll-free: +1-866-604-7474. Offers lodging accommodations, authentic Irish food, Irish drink and Irish music, all in an elegant, yet comfortable, setting.
- Motel 6, 2870 Ramada Way (Hwy 41 7 Oneida St), ☎ +1 920 499-3599. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: noon. Perfect hotel for any traveler's budget. Free continental breakfast, fitness room, guest laundry, meeting room, business center.
- Hyatt Regency, 333 Main Street, ☎ +1 920 432-1234.
- Door County to the north offers much scenic sightseeing, with quaint villages, lighthouses, beaches, and several state parks. Sturgeon Bay, the only city in Door County, is an hour's drive north of Green Bay on Highway 57.
|Routes through Green Bay|
|Escanaba ← Menominee → ends ←||N S||→ Appleton → Milwaukee|
|END ←||N S||→ Denmark → Milwaukee|
|Wausau ← Shawano ←||W E||→ Bellevue → Kewaunee|
|Sister Bay ← Sturgeon Bay ←||N S||→ Plymouth → Milwaukee|