Gračanica is a Serbian community in Kosovo, centered around the Gračanica Monastery and about 10 km from Pristina. Since the end of conflict, this town has functioned as a center for the remaining Serbian community in Kosovo.
Coming from Pristina, the fastest and simplest way to reach Gračanica is by the road between Albi Mall and Viva Fresh, just off the road to Skopje. Continue on this main road for roughly 6km, and you'll find yourself in Gračanica's city center. A metered radio taxi should charge less than €6 from Albi Mall, or roughly €10 from Pristina's city center.
Follow this same road through the end of town to reach the monastery.
You can also catch the bus to Gjilan leaving every 20 minutes from the main bus station in Pristina. The fare to Gračanica is €0.50 (payable inside the bus) and the trip lasts about 15 minutes.
- Gračanica monastery. Inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List—along with 3 other Serbian Orthodox churches/monasteries in Kosovo—as Medieval Monuments in Kosovo (). It was founded by the Serbian king Stefan Milutin in 1321 C.E. and built in the Byzantine tradition. Nearly all the fantastic artwork and architectural elements were added between the 14th-16th centuries C.E.
- Ulpiana (~2km south of the traffic circle directly outside the monastery gates.). An active archaeological dig site south of the town, formerly a Roman and Byzantine city.
- Badovac Lake. Spend a day at the lake, taking in beautiful views of the countryside a mere 7km east of Gračanica. Stop and enjoy a magnificent steak at Villa Vilboni, near the far end of the lake.
- Ognjište. You've left Pristina - Time for a pork chop! Take a taxi or park near the main road and walk, to avoid circuitous paths down one-way roads. ~10€.
- Hotel Gracanica, Ul. Dragana Ristica b.b. (500 m from the main road, follow the road signs), ☎ +386 (0)49 764 000, e-mail: email@example.com. lunch with a view, traditional dishes, Sunday brunch 10 €, main dishes from 5 €.
- Sabaja Brewery, ☎ +386 49 582-000. Coming from Pristina, you'll drive past the Sabaja craft beer brewing firm's headquarters just past the American Hospital on the western approach to Gračanica. They also maintain a separate restaurant and beer house in Pristina.
- Hotel Gracanica, Ul. Dragana Ristica b.b. (500 m from the main road, follow the road signs)), ☎ +386 (0) 49 764 000, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Eco-friendly multiethnic boutique hotel under Swiss management with pool, garden and wonderful view sgl. 50/56 € dbl. 72/82 € studio 120/130 £.