Bob Hope Airport, located in neighboring Burbank, is the closest airport to Glendale.
Metrolink trains connect Glendale to Bob Hope Airport and Los Angeles Union Station.
- Brand Library & Art Center, 1601 West Mountain St., ☎ +1 818 548-2051. Tu, Th 12PM-8PM, W 12PM-6PM, F-Sa 10AM-5PM.. Brand Library & Art Center sponsors many events that are free and open to the public, including art exhibitions, concerts, art and music lectures, dance events, and films. Free..
- Glendale Galleria, 100 W. Broadway, ☎ +1 818 246-6737. One of the largest retail shopping malls in Southern California.
- Americana at Brand, 889 Americana Way, ☎ +1 818 637-8982. M-Th 10AM-9PM, F-Sa 10AM-10PM, Su 11AM-8PM. Nice megacomplex for shopping and dining.
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park, 1712 S. Glendale Ave., ☎ +1 323 254-3131 (International calls), toll-free: +1 888 204-3131. 8AM-5PM (6PM during daylight savings time) 7 days a week.. Forest Lawn-Glendale is both a cemetery and a tourist destination. It contains the world's largest collection of final resting places of Hollywood stars and other celebrities, many of which are accessible to the public. Visiting these sites in not encouraged, however, and they can be difficult to locate within the park's 300+ acres. However, Forest Lawn-Glendale also has many other attractions that make it worth seeing. Among these are its art museum, its collection of approximately 1,500 statues, including reproductions of all of Michelangelo's works, a reproduction of Leonardo da Vinci's "Last Supper" in stained glass, and a mosaic of the signing of the Declaration of Independence. There are also multiple chapels that are exact replicas of famous European churches.
- Museum of Neon Art (MONA), 216 S. Brand Blvd., ☎ +1 213 489-9918, e-mail: email@example.com. Hours vary by season.. A museum devoted exclusively to art in electric media. The collection includes electric and kinetic fine art and outstanding examples of historic neon signs. Adults $8, students and seniors 65+ $5, Glendale residents $4, children under 12 free..
- Brand Bookshop. A great used bookstore.
- Abril Bookstore.
Being home to a large number of recent immigrants of Armenian, Middle Eastern, and Korean backgrounds, Glendale has some of the finest authentic restaurants.
- Sevan Chicken. The best rotisserie chicken in town.
- Zankou Chicken. The classic rotisserie chicken and great shawerma sandwiches.
- House of Joy. Try the Mongolian beef here. Great lunch specials.
- Porto's Bakery. Cuban bakery beloved by locals for its wonderful breads, pastries, and Cuban sandwiches.
- Crispy Deli. Go for the mouth-watering hot pastrami sandwiches.
- Mario's Italian Deli, Market, and Catering. Wide variety of imported Italian products including salamis, gelatos, olive oil, and burrata cheese. Consistently voted one of the best Italian delis in the Glendale/Los Angeles area.
- Raffi's Place. Great location. Both indoor and outdoor, atrium-style seatin. Great Middle Eastern and Iranian food.
- Shamshiri. Also great.
Famous HK market. hankook market the biggest foreign market in Glendale
Paris Bakery a fusion between Korean-French style pastries. They are really beautiful pastries and cheap too. One of the top bakeries in Glendale.
- La Cabañita. Mexico City-style cuisine. Excellent mole sauces.
Mamita Peruvian Restaurant, 714 South Brand Blvd (Exit Brand Blvd from the 134 Freeway), ☎ +1 818 243-5121. Open Mon-Thu 11:30AM-9:30PM; Fri-Sat 11:30AM-10PM; Sun 11:30AM-9PM. low.
- Best Western Golden Key Motor Hotel, 123 W Colorado St, ☎ +1 818 247-0111, toll-free: +1 800-651-1155, fax: +1 818 545-9393.
- Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale & Executive Meeting Center, 100 West Glenoaks Blvd, ☎ +1 818 956-5466, fax: +1 818 956-5490.
- Vagabond Inn Glendale, 120 W. Colorado St, ☎ +1 818 240-1700, fax: +1 818 548-8428. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12PM.
|Routes through Glendale|
|Sacramento ← Burbank ←||N S||→ Northwest L.A. → Downtown L.A.|
|Northwest L.A. ← Northeast L.A. ←||S N||→ La Cañada Flintridge → Wrightwood|
|North Hollywood ← Griffith Park ←||W E||→ Northeast L.A. → Pasadena|
|Santa Barbara ← Burbank ←||N S||→ Los Angeles → San Diego|