Gela is a medium-sized city on the south coast of Sicily, Italy. It is an ancient town, founded around 688 BC by colonists from Rhodes and Crete, and among the oldest continually inhabited settlements in southern Italy.
Gela, is served by the Punta Raisi Airport (IATA: PMO; aka: Palermo Airport). It is serviced by several major airlines.
The adjacent bus and train stations are about 15 minutes walk from the centre of town, although there are quite regular city buses.
- The Archaeological Museum has an important collection of attractive red and black painted Greek vases.
- The Greek Fortifications have some impressive walls in an attractive setting by the beach. Nearby are the remains of some Greek public baths.
- Casanova, Via Venezia, 89, ☎ +39 0933 91 85 80. Mon-Sat: 12–2:30pm, 8–11pm, Sun: Closed.
- Ristorante Centrale Toto, Via Cascino Generale, 99, ☎ +39 0933 913104.
- B&B Hotel Antiche Mura, Spagna 1/a | via Degli Appennini 1.
- Hotel Sole, Via Mare 32.
- Villa Keratea, C.da Settefarine SP81.