From Interstate 94 in Bismarck, take US 83 north about 70 miles, then west on ND 37/1804 approximately 3 miles.
From US 2 or 52 in Minot, take US 83 south about 40 miles, then west on ND 37/1804.
- Souris Basin Transportation, phone 463-2600, offers departures to Minot every first Monday of the month, and departures to Bismarck every third Monday of the month. Call before 4PM Central Time the day before.
- New Town Bus Lines, phone 852-2477, provides service between Minot and Bismarck every day except Wednesdays and Saturdays. The bus will not stop in Garrison without prior reservations.
- Amtrak serves Minot with its Empire Builder line.
- The Dakota, Missouri Valley, and Western Railroad provides freight rail service on a line between Max and Bismarck.
- Garrison Municipal Airport, phone 337-9499. Operated by the city of Garrison for civil aviation.
- Minot International Airport in Minot is served by Delta Air Lines.
- Bismarck Municipal Airport in Bismarck is served by Delta, United, and Allegiant Air.
- Souris Basin Transportation, phone 463-7360, offers local dial-a-ride service. Call before 4PM Central Time the day before.
- Fishing Hall of Fame (City Park), ☎ +1 701 463-2843. Open Monday to Friday 1PM-6PM and weekends 11AM to 5PM. Displays of fishing memorabilia and tributes to ND fishermen.
- Camp Atchison State Historic Site. Marks the location of the 1863 Sibley Expedition camp that was garrisoned by 1,000 soldiers.
- Fort Stevenson State Park (On the north shore of Lake Sakakawea), ☎ +1 701 337-5576. Named for a late 1800s frontier fort that served as a supply depot for Dakota Territory’s military posts. It is a favorite spot for fishing walleye on the lake. Excellent facilities for boating will find excellent facilities within the park, including concessions, boat rentals, storage and slip rentals. Canoe and kayak rentals. 438 acres, modern and primitive camping, comfort station, campsite reservations, sewage dump station, playground, marina, boat ramp, fishing boat rentals, camp store, fish-cleaning station, swimming, restaurant, picnic shelter, hiking and Guardhouse Interpretive Center, camping cabins. Also has cross-country ski trails and snowmobiling in winter.
- Fort Stevenson Guardhouse (3 miles south of Garrison on County Road 15). An interpretive center depicts frontier military and American Indian history of the fort. Open year-round: 10AM to 5PM, except weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day when it stays open until 9PM.
- Garrison Dam and Power Plant (30 miles southwest along ND 200), ☎ +1 701 654-7441. 20-minute narrative tour on the operative and functions of the dam, power plant and outlet works along with electric distributions of power. Open Memorial to Day-Labor Day, tours hourly noon-4PM
- Heritage Park Museum (1 block west of Main Street on First Avenue Northwest), ☎ +1 701 463-2519. Early railroad depot, two homestead houses, a log cabin, early schoolhouse, church and the original telephone office. Three picnic shelters and restroom facilities. Open Memorial Day to Labor day on Fridays 11AM to 4PM, and by appointment
- McLean County Ag Show (Garrison High School Gymnasium), ☎ +1 701 463-2818, toll-free: +1-800-799-4242. Agricultural tradeshow with exhibitors, demonstrations, speakers and concessions. Sponsored by Garrison FFA chapter.
- North Dakota Governor’s Cup Walleye Fishing Derby. Held annually at Fort Stevenson State Park.
- Biking, ☎ +1 701 337-5576, toll-free: +1-800-799-4242. Annual CANDISC 420 mile bicycle tour in early August. Fort Stevenson State Park serves as the staging area for the event. Bike the Enchanted Highway featuring large outdoor metal sculptures. Explore the Lewis and Clark trail
- Garrison Municipal Golf Course, ☎ +1 701 337-5420.
- Chase Pharmacy, ☎ +1 701 463-2242.
- Fezziwig's Candy, ☎ +1 701 463-2980.
- Flowers 'N Things, ☎ +1 701 463-2003.
- Garrison General Store, ☎ +1 701 463-2671.
- Sakakawea Gift Gallery, ☎ +1 701 463-2697.
- S&J Hardware, ☎ +1 701 463-2712.
- Super Valu Grocery, ☎ +1 701 463-221.
- This That 'N More, ☎ +1 701 463-2671.
- Four Seasons Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlor, ☎ +1 701 463-2044.
- Garrison Bay Express, ☎ +1 701 463-2966.
- Hot Stuff Pizza, ☎ +1 701 463-2119.
- Lake Road Restaurant, Hwy. 37, ☎ +1 701 463-2569.
- Stoney End Supper Club & Lounge, Hwy. 37, ☎ +1 701 337-5590.
- Ye Olde Malt Shoppe, Main St, ☎ +1 701 463-2322.
- Goose Nest Lounge & Bottle Shop, ☎ +1 701 463-2782.
- Gordy's Bar & Bottle Shop, ☎ +1 701 463-2586.
- Stoney End Restaurant & Lounge, ☎ +1 701 337-5590.
- The Office Lounge, ☎ +1 701 463-2540.
- Totten Trail Lounge, ☎ +1 701 337-5513.
- Garrison Motel, Hwy 37 E, ☎ +1 701 463-2858.
- Lake Wood Motel, 401 4th St SE, ☎ +1 701 463-8404.
- Robin's Nest Bed and Breakfast, 101 E Central Ave, ☎ +1 701 463-2465. 3 story Victorian home, home-cooked breakfast.
- Indian Hills Resort & Campground, 7302 14th St. NW (35 miles west of Garrison on Highway 1804), ☎ +1 701 743-4122. Two-bedroom units with kitchenettes, log camping cabins, RV and primitive camping. Families and groups of 8-10 people can also stay at the Arrowhead Lodge. 1.25-mile single track interpretive Lewis and Clark trail. Open May 15 thru October 25. Shower, sewer, bait, tackle, boat ramp, guide service, fish cleaning station, concessions, 50 RV sites with electrical hook-ups, and primitive camping.
- Tammy's Prairie Pines Bed and Breakfast, 2888 27th ST NW, Max, ND, ☎ +1 701 679-2112, +1 701 679-2227. Farmhouse bed and breakfast, hunting lodging, special events.
- Douglas Bay Recreation Area Campground (11 miles west, 8 miles south of Garrison), ☎ +1 701 654-7411. Primitive campsites with picnic table and grill, restroom vault, boat ramp, courtesy dock, drinking water.
- Steinke Bay (3 miles east, 2 miles south of Garrison), ☎ +1 701 462-8541. Primitive camping.
- Stoney Hill RV Park, Hwy 37 E (across from Garrison Golf Course and 4 miles from Lake Sakakawea), ☎ +1 701 337-2193, toll-free: +1-800-337-6509. 22 RV full hook ups, sewer, water, electric, bathhouse, showers. Sportsmen's Centennial Park Campground, located 5 miles east, 3 miles south, 1 mile west of Garrison. Open May 1-October 31. Provides 105 RV sites, 18 electric, showers, toilets, swim, bait and tackle, concessions, fish-cleaning station, boat ramp, picnic shelters, multi-purpose room for meetings