Front Royal is in the US state of Virginia's Shenandoah Valley and is the county seat of Warren County.
- The town is at the intersection of Interstate 66, US-340 and US-522 near US-55. It is just miles from the intersection of Interstate 66 and Interstate 81
- Skyline Caverns. M-F 9AM-5PM; Sa-Su 9AM-6PM;. A series of caverns turned tourist attraction, one of only a few places in the world where you will find Anthodite formations - minerals shaped like orchids. There are also a series of underground streams and a waterfall to see here, as well as a miniature train. Adults $14, Children (7-13) $7, Children (under 6) free..
The 2100 miles Appalachian Trail passes through here, on it way through Virginia.
- Highlander Horses, 5197 Reliance Rd, ☎ +1 540 636-4523. Offers both horse riding lessons, and short guided riding tours on trails through the Shenandoah Valley, ranging between 1-2 hours. From $30.
- Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club, 456 Shadows Drive (on US522/340: 2 miles north of I-66), ☎ +1 540-631-9661. Featuring views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, this award-winning golf course offers five sets of tee boxes ranging from 4,994 to 7301 yards. The front nine plays as a traditional mountain course with vast elevation changes, tight fairways and numerous bunkers on most holes. The back nine, on the other hand, plays as a lakes course with wider fairways and water on almost all 9 holes, including the Signature Waterfall at the 18th green.
- Fretwells of Front Royal, 205 E Main St, ☎ +1 540 622-6066.
- Jalisco Mexican Restaurant, 510 S Royal Ave, ☎ +1 540 635-7348.
- Jimbo's Restaurant, 1411 N Shenandoah Ave, ☎ +1 540 635-3466.
- L Dee's Pancake House, 522 E Main St, ☎ +1 540 635-3791.
- Spelunker's Frozen Custard & Cavern Burgers, 116 South St, ☎ +1 540 631-0300.
- The Fox Diner, 20 South St, ☎ +1 540 635-3325.
- Villa Giuseppe Italian Restaurant, 865 John Marshall Hwy, ☎ +1 540 636-8999.
- Houlihan's Restaurant + Bar, 101 Hospitality Drive (on US522/340: 2 miles north of I-66), ☎ +1 540-631-3045. Houlihan’s offers relaxed, casual dining and bar seating for 196 guests, featuring quality American fare freshly prepared with contemporary flavors and creativity. Houlihan's features a 98% made from scratch kitchen. From fresh-baked artisan breads to mini martini flights, you’ll find a variety of popular dishes along with interesting new tastes delivered to the table with smart presentations.
Bed & Breakfast
- Holiday Inn & Suites Front Royal Blue Ridge Shadows, 111 Hospitality Drive (on US522/340: 2 miles north of I-66), ☎ +1 540-631-3050. Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 12 Noon. 2012 IHG Torchbearer Award Winner (Holiday Inn's Highest Honor) and 2011 IHG Newcomer Award Winner (Best New Holiday Inn). A conference hotel with 124 Guest Rooms, 26 one bedroom suites and conference facilities seating up to 300 people for banquets. The hotel offers free wireless internet, coin-op guest laundry, 24 hour fitness center and business centers and a heated indoor pool/whirlpool. Guest rooms come with 32-inch LCD TVs with HBO, Refrigerators and oversized desks with ergonomic chairs.
- Pioneer Motel, 541 S Royal Ave, ☎ +1 540 635-4784.
- Quality Inn, 10 Commerce Ave, ☎ +1 540 635-3161.
- Relax Inn, 1810 N Shenandoah Ave, ☎ +1 540 635-4101.
- Super 8 Motel, 111 South St, ☎ +1 540 636-4888.
- Gooney Creek Campground, 7122 Stonewall Jackson Hwy, ☎ +1 540-635-4066. Check-out: 12:00. Beautiful located Tent/RV Campground immediately alongside the Gooney Creek. 20A hookups. No wifi. Swimming possible in river. $36.
|Routes through Front Royal|