Fredonia is a small town in Northern Arizona. Although it is debatable where the center of the town is, many locals say it is at Judd Auto. Others claim it is where highways 89A and 389 come together. Fredonia is a small town in a beautiful location. It is about 1.5 miles long from one end to the other. South of it is the Kaibab Plateau and the Grand Canyon. North of it is Zion and Bryce National Parks.
Fredonia is on US highway 89A and is a gateway city to the Grand Canyon. Most people who come to Fredonia are driving to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon or are Grand Canyon river rats on their way to Lee's Ferry. The closest large city to Fredonia is Las Vegas, Nevada, about 3 hours away.
- The stars in this part of the world are incredible. There is very little light pollution.
- Judd Auto. Sells t-shirts that say Judd Auto- Beer, Guns, Ammo, Lotto and Center of the Universe bumper stickers.
- Prairie Dog Pottery (junction of highway 89 and 389). There are locally made pots and both unprocessed and processed rocks/gems here. The pots are well thrown, but have rather primitive glazes and decoration. The price you pay for seeing/buying pots and/or rocks is an ongoing editorial addressing everything from the local Mayor to the feds to the foreigners and, of course, east coast liberals. This fun continues even as you try to get back to your car.
- Sage House Grill & Restaurant, 465 S Main St, ☎ +1 928 643-7288. A nice local feel and a good value.
- Buckskin Tavern. The longest bar in Arizona.
Don't speed. Fredonia is one of only a handful of towns on the Arizona Strip and there are more law enforcement than in cities many times larger. There are speed traps on both the north and south limits of town.
- Pipe Spring National Monument is nearby, with historical sites; there are half-hourly, ranger-led tours.
- The Grand Canyon is relatively close. Rafting tours of the Grand Canyon begin at Lee's Ferry on the Colorado River, which is about 90 miles away on US 89A.
|Routes through Fredonia|
|Ends at ← Kanab ←||N E||→ Jacob Lake → Bitter Springs|
|Hurricane ← Pipe Spring National Monument ←||W E||→ END|