The town served as a base for workers on the Canadian Pacific Railway in its early days, and now hosts a small community of population 200, in addition to hosting the Yoho Park administration building and a number of quaint gift shops, restaurants, and small accommodations.
Field is located a 2.5 hour drive west of Calgary along the Trans-Canada Highway through Banff National Park, passing Banff and Lake Louise along the way. Field can also be reached along the TCH from Vancouver to the west.
Spiral Tunnel - located about 10 minutes from the small town of field. Catch the Trans-Canada train spiraling through the mountain around 2PM.
Takakkaw Falls - the third tallest waterfall in Canada 45 minutes from Field.
- The Velvet Antler Pottery Shop, ☎ +1 250 343-6456, e-mail: email@example.com. Handmade Stoneware and Porcelain.
- Truffle Pigs Cafe.
- Kicking Horse Lodge Restaurant.
- Cathedral Mountain Lodge
- Emerald Lake Lodge & Cilantro's
- Chercher La Vache Cafe, 316 Steven Ave, ☎ +1-250-343-6336. 8am-late, kitchen closes at 9pm. A great little cafe with amazing food. Some nights have live music. Has free wireless Internet and a patio. Doubles as the coffee shop, corner store, liquor store and souvenir shop. Many of the staff speak French.
Have a drink in the sunshine on the patio at the Truffle Pigs Cafe or Kicking Horse Lodge.
- Kicking Horse Lodge, ☎ +1 250 343-6303, toll-free: +1-800-659-4944, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 100 Centre.
- Alpine Guesthouse, 313 2nd Ave, ☎ +1 250 343-6878.
- The Bear's Den Guesthouse, ☎ +1 250 343-6439.
- The Old Church Guesthouse, ☎ +1 250 343-6345, fax: +1 250 343-6388.
- Canadian Rockies Inn, 308 Stephen Ave, ☎ +1 250 343-6046. Check-in: 4PM, check-out: 11AM. Canadian Rockies Inn, your home away from home in the heart of the Canadian rockies. Low season $131.25, high season $194.25.
|Routes through Field|
|Kamloops ← Golden ←||W E||→ Lake Louise (in Banff NP) → Banff|