Fall River Mills
Small private plane airport.
The best way to go is by car.
From Redding or Eureka, go east on CA-299 E until you get to Fall River Mills, which is about 69 mi. from Redding and 218 mi. from Eureka.
The main way to get around is by car.
- Fort Crook Museum, 43030 Fort Crook Ave, ☎ +1 530 336-5110. May 1 - Oct 31: Tu-Su 12PM-4PM. You will see the Round Barn at the corner of HW 299 at Glenburn Road. Covers the history of the Fall River Valley. Free.
This place is heaven for boaters and fishermen.
- Fall River.. The best Fall River trout fishing is to the north west of the valley. Guides can be hired locally. Fall River has a few access points for private boating. Abundant wanter from underground springs in the north end of the valley keeps Fall River flowing year round. The river meanders for 16 miles through the valley and terminates to the south at Pit 1 Diversion Dam where the water drops hundreds of feet in elevation through twin massive pipes bored through Saddle Mountain to power the hydroelectric Pit 1 Powerhouse, and then joins the Pit River.
- Pit River.. Trout fishing the Pit River is what most people come here for. Fly fishing is usually best here. Be sure to check with both the fishing reports and the locals.
There are no major shopping centers in Fall River Mills. If you are fishing, it might be a good thing to buy some fishing equipment if you're low on it.
- Uptown Pizza, 43131 Main St, ☎ +1 530 336-7177.
- Slam Dunk Pizza, 43218 State Highway 299 E, ☎ +1 530 336-5660.
- Fall River Hotel and Restaurant, 24860 Main St, ☎ +1 530 336-5550.
|Routes through Fall River Mills|
|Redding ← Burney ←||W E||→ McArthur → Alturas|