Escuintla is the capital of the Guatemalan department of the same name, and is one of the most important towns in the Pacific Lowlands. The climate is generally hot.
- La Democracia. A small town with an impressive array of prehispanic boulder sculptures laid out around the main plaza, brought there from the Monte Alto site. There is also a small regional museum.
- Autosafari Chapín. Wildlife park just off the CA2 highway towards Taxisco and El Salvador. In 2016, entry from Q60 upwards for adults, and Q50 upwards for children. Includes African and Guatemalan animals, such as giraffes, rhinos, antelope, jaguars etc.
- Antigua Guatemala, old colonial capital of Guatemala.
- Guatemala City
- Monterrico, a Pacific beach.
- Santa Lucía Cotzumalguapa for it collections of prehispanic sculpture.