Enniscorthy (Irish: Inis Córthaidh) is a town in County Wexford situated on the River Slaney. It was originally a Norman settlement and is now most famous for its role in the 1798 rebellion in Ireland where the odd looking and famous Vinegar Hill which overlooks the town, served as the camp and headquarters for the rebels. This was also the site of the Battle of Vinegar Hill.
- The 1798 Centre (approximately 500 meters from the town center). Commemorates the 1798 rising against the British, and especially the last stand of the rebels on Vinegar Hill, just across the Slaney. Those long on enthusiasm and breath can climb to the top of Vinegar Hill for a magnificent view of the town. Those with just enthusiasm can drive to the top.
- Castle of Wexford. Dating to 1176, the castle has been changes many times over the centuries. It is currently the site of the County Wexford Folk Museum.
- St. Aidan's Cathedral. Roman Catholic Cathedral, designed by one of the Pugin family.
- Annual Strawberry Fair -This takes place early in July and celebrates the arrival of the strawberry crop as the area was traditionally a big strawberry growing region in Ireland because of the sunny weather.
- The Cotton Tree Cafe (by the Old Bridge).
- The Old House.
- The Bailey.
- The Antique Tavern.
- Riverside Park Hotel & Leisure Club, The Promenade (From Dublin road on entering the town cross the old stone bridge, keeping in the right lane, cross the next modern looking bridge, take the direct first left off this bridge, the hotel is situated at the end of the prom on the banks of the river Slaney), ☎ +353 92 37800. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00.