Ellensburg is located at the junction of Interstates 90 and 82, approximately 110 miles east of Seattle and 170 miles west of Spokane. Road is the only practical way in, there is no air or rail service. Greyhound has four departures daily to Seattle from a stop at the western edge of town (see below).
- Interstate 90 (I-90) is located south of town. Ellensburg is accessed from Exits #106 (W. University Way & Thorp Hwy) and 109 (S Canyon Rd). Located 110mi/165km (1hr38min) east of Seattle and 170mi/272km (2hr44min) west of Spokane.
- Interstate 82 (I-82) begins southeast of Ellensburg at Exit 110 from I-90. I-82 goes southeast through Yakima (36mi/57.5km), Toppenish, Sunnyside, Tri-Cities (113mi/181km) and down into Hermiston, Oregon (142mi/227km) to Interstate 84. From I-84, I-82 starts from Exit #179.
- US-Hwy 97 goes another 160mi/256km (3hr) north to Omak and another 48mi/77km (:45min) from Omak to Osoyoos, BC by Lake Osoyoos, just over the U.S./Canadian border. From I-90, access to US Hwy 97 northbound is off of Exit #106 and the first left (north) from the eastside of the freeway. Going southbound, US-97 follows I-82 to Union Gap just to just south of Yakima where it branches off again on a separate road to Toppenish and south to Biggs Junction, Oregon (Exit #104 along Interstate 84 in Oregon).
- Greyhound, (bus stop) Love's Truck Stop @ 1512 US Hwy 97 (Hwy 97 & University Dr, Off of Exit #106 along I-90), ☎ +1 509 925-1177, toll-free: +1-800-231-2222. Travels primarily on Interstate 90 (Seattle,Ellensburg, Moses Lake, Spokane & Missoula.) and another branch continues east on Interstate 82 (Ellensburg, Sunnyside, Pasco, Stanford OR at I-84).
- Apple Line operated by Northwestern Trailways, (bus stop) Love's Truck Stop @ 1512 US Hwy 97 (Same stop as Greyhound.), ☎ +1 509 838-4029, e-mail: email@example.com. goes up north from Ellensburg up to Omak via Quincy, Pateros, Wenatchee, Okanogan, etc. twice daily along US Hwy 97.
- BellAir Airporter, (bus stop) Quality Inn Hotel @ 1700 Canyon Rd and Starbucks CWU @ 908 E 10th (prior reservations @ Starbucks only), ☎ +1 866 235-5247. Goes from Sea-Tac to Cle Elum, Ellensburg & Yakima.
- Yakima-Ellensburg Commuter (Yakima Transit Rt#11), (bus stops) Central Washington State University Student Union, Safeway & Super1 Foods, ☎ +1 509 575-6175. Commuter bus between Ellensburg and Yakima funded by Central Washington University and Yakima Transit.
The city is small enough to walk on foot in less than an hour.
- Central Washington University, 400 E. University Way, ☎ +1 509 963-1111. The ten thousand undergraduates of CWU very nearly outnumber all the other residents of Ellensburg.
- Kittitas County Historical Museum, 114 E 3rd Ave (E 3rd & Pine next to post office), ☎ +1 509 925-3778. Located in the historic Cadwell Building in beautiful downtown Ellensburg and consisting of over 9,000 square feet of display space, the Kittitas County Historical Museum seek to collect and preserve the history and heritage of Kittitas County.
- Clymer Museum & Gallery, 416 N Pearl St (Along N Pearl St, closer to 5th.), ☎ +1 509 962-6416, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M-F 11AM-5PM, Sa 11AM-3PM. Ellensburg's art museum.
- Olmstead Place State Park, 921 N Ferguson Rd (4 miles southeast of downtown along Kittitas Hwy.). Dawn-dusk. Located 4.5mi southeast of town, this 217 acre state park has farm houses, barns and other outbuilding functioning as a museum of sorts depicting pioneer farm life in the 19th century..
- Dick and Jane's Spot, 101 N Pearl St (NW of 1st & Pearl St, across from the fire dept.). A private home where the entire house and yard are covered in art. Entry is not allowed, but the house is completely visible from outside the fence. free.
- Wild Goose Casino, 1600 Currier St (I-90 exit 106, along W University Way going into town.), ☎ +1 509 925-5825. W-Su. Has a sport bar and grill and happy hour 3-6PM.
- D&M Coffee, (Headquarters & roasting plant) 215 W 3rd, ☎ +1 509 925-5313. Locally roasted coffee in three locations locally.
- D&M Coffee Downtown, 301 N. Pine, ☎ +1 509 962-9333. Popular hangout in the middle of downtown, and the locally-roasted coffee is tasty indeed.
- D&M Coffee Uptown, 416 N. Main St, ☎ +1 509. Popular hangout for uptown, and the locally-roasted coffee is tasty indeed.
- D&M Coffee Drive-Thru, 204 S Water St, ☎ +1 509 962-6333. A small hangout in the SW edge of town for locally-roasted coffee is tasty indeed.
- Iron Horse Brewery, 412 N Main St (Along N Main St between W 4th & 5th Ave), ☎ +1 509 933-3134, e-mail: email@example.com. Su 1-7PM, M-W 4-9PM, Th 2-9PM, F-Sa 1-9PM. Small microbrewery and pub in downtown Ellensburg.
- Best Western Lincoln Inn & Suites, 211 W Umptanum Rd, ☎ +1 509 925-4244, toll-free: +1-866-925-4288, fax: +1 509 925-4211.
- Quality Inn Hotel & Convention Center, 1700 S Canyon Rd (Along Canyon Rd off of Exit #109.), ☎ +1 509 925-9800, fax: +1 509 925-2093.
- Super 8, 1500 S Canyon Rd, ☎ +1 509 962-6888.
- Ginkgo Petrified Forest State Park/Wanapum Recreational Area, about 30 miles east
- Liberty B.L.M. Recreation Site, an old gold-mining site 22 miles from Ellensburg
- Summit at Snoqualmie - ski resort at Snoqualmie Pass
|Routes through Ellensburg|
|END ←||N S||→ Selah → Yakima|
|Seattle ← Cle Elum ←||W E||→ Moses Lake → Spokane|
|Wenatchee ← Cashmere ←||N S||→ Selah → Yakima|