Ehime was formerly known as Iyo (伊予).
- Ehime Prefectural Information Center (EPIC) (愛媛県国際交流センター), 1-1 Dogo Ichiman (Iyotetsu tram or bus to Minamimachi/Kenminbunka Kaikan Mae), ☎ +81 89-917-5678. M-Sa 8:30AM-5PM. Internet access, study rooms, and bike rentals. It's behind the Ehime Prefectural Cultural Hall.
- Matsuyama - the prefectural capital, with Dogo Onsen, one of Japan's oldest and most famous hot springs
- Imabari - maritime city, 3rd largest ship building company in the world (no 1 in Japan), with over than 200 hundred ship owners.
- Uwajima - home to bull sumo and sex shrines
- Saijo - gateway to Mount Ishizuchi
- Niihama - known as many industrial factories are located.
- Ikata - beautiful mountains and ocean scenery along Japan's narrowest peninsula
- Mount Ishizuchi - Japanese for Stone Hammer and Shikoku's tallest mountain
Take a bus from Matsuyama
- Bamboo Craft is a specialty of Ehime, renowned for its durability and beauty.
- Pon Juice. is a famous 100% fresh orange juice.