Egedal municipality is northwest of Copenhagen, has 41,000 inhabitants and includes the towns of Ølstykke, Stenløse, Ganløse, Veksø and Smørum. These towns are based on old villages, which since have grown into mostly residential towns inhabitet by people working in Copenhagen. There is not much of interest for travellers here and it will be difficult to find a hotel in the area.
S-train lines C and H goes through the region and stops at Veksø, Stenløse and Ølstykke. Travelling from Copenhagen to Ølstykke is about 40 minutes.
To get around within each of the towns in the region, walking is fine. To get between Veksø, Stenløse and Ølstykke, go by S-train for a few minutes. To get to Smørum, take the S-train to Ballerup Station and then bus 216. To get to Ganløse, take bus 334 from Stenløse Station.
- Skenkelsø Mill Museum (Skenkelsø Mølle Museum).
- Smørum Old School (Smørum Gamle Skole), Smørum Bygade 35, Smørumovre. 1PM-4PM. Small museum of local life. Free.
- Veksølund Museum, Kirkestræde 6, Veksø, ☎ +45 47107472. Largest museum in Denmark for modern sculpture.
Several pizzaries and Chinese restaurants are in the region, eg. in Ølstykke and Stenløse. A few more remarkable restaurants are also found:
- Restaurant CHEERZZ, Skatskærvej 2, Ølstykke, ☎ +45 4716 1614, e-mail: Post@Cheerzz.dk. 10AM-10PM, closed Sunday, kithen closed 4PM-5:30PM. Mains 125-195 DKK.
- Ganløse Kro, Bygaden 30, Ganløse, ☎ +45 4818 3001, e-mail: email@example.com. Closed on Mondays. Mains 99-189 DKK.
- Restaurant Kongemosen, Kongemosen 1, Smørum, ☎ +45 4468 4545, fax: +45 4468 4745. Brunch (weekend only) 10:00-13:00, lunch noon-16:30, dinner from 17:00. Mains 179-355 DKK.