- For other places with the same name, see Dundalk (disambiguation).
Bus Éireann (from Dublin Busaras), Matthews Bus (from Parnell Street at O'Connell Street in Dublin) and Aircoach (from Dublin Airport) all serve Dundalk. Fares are around €9 single and €14 return.
Dundalk is a rather compact town and walking is probably the best way around There is plently of good taxi services running in the town for example Sevens cabs (042 93 77777), the main taxi services in town cost 5 euro per fare to anywhere in the town.
- Dundalk has a very long and proud football history with Dundalk F.C..
- The town had a wide range of sports facilities which were hit by the recession, including the JJB Soccer Dome (Closed - go to Oriel Park instead), the Ice Dome ("Temporarily closed"), the Sportsbowl (also closed) and the newly refurbished Horse and Greyhound racing tracks (still open and an excellent night out)!
- Lisdoo, Armagh Rd. The steakhouse is amazing for an evening meal. It also does good bar food and during lunch hour has a carvery with a good selection.
- Malthouse, Dublin Rd.
- Fitzpatrick's, RockMarshall.
- The Roma, Clanbrassil St. Fast food cafe which is a very popular institution in Dundalk.
- The Europa, Earl St. Best experienced at 03:00 in the morning.
- Ridley's Nightclub, Park St.
- The Office Nightclub, Earl St.
- Brubakers, Park St.
- Spirit Store, The Quay. One of the best venues in Ireland for live music and entertainment such as comedy nights.
- Oscars, Park St.
- Bartender, Park St.
- The Phoenix, Park St. Call in and say "hi" to Betty. Tough as old boots, she'll make space for you at a table and despite licensing laws you're in for a late one.
- Sextons Bar & Restaurant, Dublin Rd, Blackrock (5 mins north off the Dundalk by Pass on the old Dublin Road near the seaside village of Blackrock), ☎ +353 42 932-1449. Open Daily. Traditional Irish Pub which also serves local food.
- Crowne Plaza hotel.