- Dunakeszi Railway Station (Dunakeszi Vasútállomás), Verseny utca (Close to Trianon Sq.). Trains either from Nyugati Railway Station and Vac
- Dunakeszi ferry pier (Dunakeszi RÉV), Dunakeszi, Rév utca and Duna sor corner (From Hwy 2 turn west to Rév utca south of Tesco hypermarket Close to late Roman 'burgus' ruin. Bus #301, 302, 305 lines stop here), ☎ +36 26 393795. Weekdays 5:35-20.35, weekends 6.35 -20.35 half hourly. To/from Szentendre Island, Horány regular ferry service. Fees: Adult/car/bike: HUF300/900/250.
- Well supplied by Suburb buses those are depart from Újpest Városkapu metro station. Buses #300, 301, 302, 303, 305, 306 all stop at Dunakeszi Town Hall
The Hwy 2 (in City section called as Fő út /Lit.:Main Road/ ) going through in the City in north-south direction. The M2 motorway (E77) passing the eastern part of the settlement.
Thanks to size of the settlement by walk easy managable, but if you wish can take a regular suburban citybus or taxi.
- Keszi Taxi, Barátság út 29 (Casalgrande Sq. corner), ☎ +36 27 39-39-39, +36 20 964-0091. 24h. Airport shuttle to / from the (fixed price)
Churches in Dunakeszi
- Evangelical church (Dunakeszi Evangélikus templom), Verseny utca 2. (Foti Rd corner), ☎ +36 27 341159, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Heart of Jesus Church (Jézus Szíve-templom), Béke utca / Mindszenty József tér (Opp. Aradi vértanúk Sq.). was built between 1942-1944. A nice Esplanade is front of its. In the nearby streets built in the 20s,-secession houses interspersed with beautiful design,-the artist living quarters with a couple small artist workshops
- St. Emeric Church (Szent Imre-templom), Dunakeszi, Szent Imre tér (Tisza St. and Rákoczi Rd intersection). Built between 1935-1939, the first "Levente church" in the country. The towers of building of neo-Romanesque decorated with beautiful Zsolnay tiles. The nice internal architecture is similar to the early Christian basilicas. - The neo-Gothic chapel of St. John Nepomuk is built in 1906.
- St Michael's Church (Szent Mihály-templom), Szent István utca 41 (Near to Szent Mihály Sq.). A twin towered,-more than 250 years ago, in 1756,- was built, and in 1944 expanded the neo-baroque style church is the main architectural value of the city. -two minutes walk from here is the Heroes statue which commemorates the victims of the First World War
Other indoor sights in Dunakeszi
- Révész István Historical Exhibition (Révész István Helytörténeti Gyűjtemény), Fő Rd 110 (Close to Kertesz St), ☎ +36 27 341379, e-mail: email@example.com. local history of Dunakeszi. Documents, photos, object of the everyday life Dunakeszi in the past. Plus small ethnographical collection HUF200.
- Late Roman Fortlet Exhibition (Dunakeszi Késő-római Kikötőerőd Kiállítás), Duna sor 28. (Very close to Ferry Pier), ☎ +36 30 9488560, fax: +36 27 543346, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Opening hours: by booking (on website also available) above 10 people, Guide by booking above ten people. A small wall remains of the fort can be see here. It was the part of ripa Pannonica, Roman limes protection system. Built in the Valentinianus era (A.D.364-375). The typical Roman harbor forts was here, with one central and two corner towers. In these forts were the left bank of the Danube,-ie falling into enemy territory,- castrum contra-s range. Admission: Adults: HUF500.
Outdoor sights in Dunakeszi
- Funerary Park (Kegyeleti Park), Fő út ~64 (Close to Temető St coner). in the city's old cemetery The oldest tombstone dates back to 1841. Here located the St Stephen's Chapel built in the 18th century, which is a fine example of rural baroque chapels.
- Danube bank (Duna part) (Riverbank). The riverbank offers a promenade, where are located cozy restaurants, pastry shops and can enjoy the beauty of the river. Close to Horányi ferry pier located the city's Roman monuments, the remains of one of the limes battle system. Here start the bike path which lead to Szob cose to the Slovakian border
- The Town Hall (Dunakeszi Város Polgármesteri Hivatala), Dunakeszi, Fő út 25 (Near to Dózsa György Sq.), ☎ +36 27 542 800. Built in 1901 then village hall by support of the Hungarian Equestrian Association
Rentals: try Kikelet Guesthouse (see under).
- Balogh Bicycle Repair (Balogh kerékpárszerviz), Tamási Áron utca, 8 (One block north of Dunakeszi Police Station), ☎ +36 30 651 7640. Open: M-F 13:00-17:00. Bicycle sales and service.
- Dunakeszi Dunakeszi lake (Dunakeszi Kavicsbányató) (By train to Dunakeszi-alsó station. By tram to terminal 'káposztásmegyer' further five min walk. By bus 30, 122 (depart from M3 'Újpest-Városkapu' metro station), 126A to last stop 'Káposztásmegyer, Mogyoródi-patak' further walk on Kűlső Szilágyi road under bridge of M0 motorway. The building of the fishguard located on south shore of lake on the right side of the road), ☎ +36 27-392-785 (fishguard). In the daytime: From sunrise till sunset (see the clock outside at fishguard hut, but otherwise it is indicate by air-raid siren). Night fishing between May 1st and October 30th on Friday and Saturday, respectively before public holidays and public holidays available. This lake is a leftover after gravel mining. The surface of water is twenty one hectares, the average of depth of water is more than four meters. - Sport fishing means: the caught fish(es) is(are) not allowed to take. Fish(es) over six kg per piece are strictly forbidden to taking, ask the fishgurd take a picture and measure it/them. There is also photo printing facility. Buffet, fishing shop, regularly deployed fish stocks. Daily sport fishing ticket HUF1800. Normal 'day' ticket HUF3500, night ticket HUF3800, also youth tickets for half prices.
- Dunakeszi glider aidfield (Dunakeszi vitorlázó repülőtér), Repülőtéri utca (East to Alagi racecourse), ☎ +36 27 342703, e-mail: email@example.com. Sport and Hobby Airport. Sailing, kite, helicopters, small planes. Eight hundred meter long, Grass surface. Operator: MALEV Aero Club
- Alagi racecourse and training center (Alagi lóversenypálya és tréningcentrum.), Lósport telep (Alag district). should not miss it. It is a 118-year-old racecourse. Here currently no any track, but the best Hungarian competition horses will continue to train here. The training center provides a great opportunity to riding for visitors.
- K & H Bank, Dunakeszi Branch and ATM (K & H Bank, Dunakeszi fiók és ATM), Dunakeszi, Fő út 31 (Center), ☎ +36 27 548 010, fax: +36 27 349 927. M 8:00-17:00, Tu-Th 8:00-16:00, F 8:00-15:00. Traded currencies EUR and USD. ATM 24h
- Auchan hypermarket (Auchan hipermarket), Nádas utca 6. (North to M0 motorway. A couple hundred meter from city limit of Budapest), ☎ +36 40 109010, fax: +36 27 888-799. M-Sa 06.00-22.00, Su 07.00-21.00. A huge suprmarket with services as gas station, photo processing, horticulture, home delivery. A couple snack food restaurants. About two dozens Shops (fashion; Household electronics; Hobby, culture and tobacco; Beauty, health care). - A dozen services included: Post Office (M-Sa 7.00-21.00, Su 8.00-16.00, T:+36 27-540-555), OTP Bank (M-F 9.00 - 19.00, Sa 9.00-17.00, Su 09.00-14.00 ). Raiffeisen Bank (only weekdays). ATMs. Exchange office. - Buy-Way Shopping Park, Nádas utca 8. (Right next to north). A half dozen stores. Clothes, shoes. Decathlon (West two hundred meters of hypermarket). A huge size Sport Supermarket.
- Aldi (Aldi diszkontáruház), Pallag utca 68. (Very close to north part of the Dunakeszi section of Hwy 2), ☎ +36 23 533 500. Daily 07:00-20:00. German discount store chain. Right opposite is a Lidl store
- SPAR supermarket (SPAR szupermarket), Barátság Rd (Three hundred meters west from Hwy 2, the next road after the Cemetery), ☎ +36 20 823-7976, +36 20 823 7727 (Service Center). M-F 06:30-21:00, Sa 07:00-18:00, Su 08:00-18:00. Other unit: Toldi utca 1 (east part of the City, off from Kossuth lajos St.)
- Tesco hypermarket Dunakeszi-Göd Branch (Tesco hipermarket), Fő út 190 (North end of the City on west side of Hwy. Free Tesco bus cca. hourly, from Barátság St. #9 (about six intrmediate stops on its way)), ☎ +36 20 821 0156. Daily 06:00-22:00. Free WIFI. Automated Teller Machines, Meat Panel, Fresh bakery products, F & F clothing department. Free parking. - Pizzeria, bakery. Exchange office. St. Damian Pharmacy, Tobacco shop, Technical store, Jewelry store, Solyom Fashion Shop, dm drugstore. - Other unit: Tesco Fóti hypermarket (Fóti út 120) Credit card payment.
- Honey Shop (Mézes Bolt), Fő út 104 (Tallér Rd. corner), ☎ +36 20 918-8809, +36 30 545-4924, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M 09:00-19:00, Tu-Th 09:00-18:00, F 09:00-17:00, Sa 09:00-13:00. Try the simple (?) acacia, pine, lucerne, chestnut, linden, honeydew, sunflower, rape, silk Grass types or some more special like cinnamon, honeycomb, propolis mixed, bee pollen mixed, propolis tincture. Directly carrying from farms. Decorative gift packages are also available. From HUF300 per fifty grams..
- Sample one (or more) of local fruit brandy. (Cherry, apricot, pear, quince, honey-cherry, plum.)
- La Coma Restaurant (La Coma Pizzéria és Étterem), Dunakeszi, Fóti út Hrsz 055/16 (Janek Géza St corner), ☎ +36 30 5376806, +36 20 5876250, e-mail: email@example.com. Daily 11:00-23:00. Skype: lacoma08. - Thirty seats. Quality food and excellent service. Open BBQ terrace. Home delivery. Fresh, Hungarian,-main,-ingredients. Master Chef. A wide variety of pizzas plus soups, pasta, poultry, pork, beef, salads, desserts and other food specialties.
- Casa Marina pizzeria (Casa Marina Pizzéria), Dunakeszi, Fő út 139. (Cserkész St. corner), ☎ +36 30 2082080, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 11.30-23.00. WiFi, A/C room with about forty seats. Pizzas (over twenty types9 and homemade dishes. Weekly Menu. Home Delivery. Wide selection of Pork and Poultry dishes. Simple menus HUF800, Main dishes from HUF1700.
- Part Café Restaurant and Guesthouse (Part Café Étterem és Panzió), Dunakeszi, Duna sor 20 (A hundred meter south of Ferry Pier (RÉV), on riverside), ☎ +36 27 349225, +36 30 503 7611, fax: +36 27 546071, e-mail: email@example.com. Opening hours: M-Sa 12:00-23:00, Su 12:00-22:00. International food specialities and also traditional Hungarian dishes. - About the Guesthouse: A/C doubles with shower for HUF12000-14000, free private car parking and Wifi, CTV.
- Pleh Csarda Restaurant (Pléh Csárda Étterem), Dunakeszi, Rákóczi út 15. (About six hundred meter east of the Cemetery. One block east of rail. Vasvari Pal St corner.), ☎ +36 27 349462, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. M Tu 12:00-15:00, W 12:00-21:00, Th-Sa 12:00-22:00, Su 11:00-18:00. Summer garden. A/C room. Cold dishes ordering. Homemade food. Delivery. Bank Card acceptance. Two courses menus. Taste the house's plum brandy (szilvapálinka) or the 'Öregbaglas-Kéthelyi' wine. Cocktails, beers and spirits. Every Thursday all food for half price. Menus under thousand forints. Main dishes HUF2000-4000.
- Kikelet Guesthouse (Kikelet Panzió), Dunakeszi, Kikelet utca 1 (Close to Liget St. corner), ☎ +36 27 342554, e-mail: email@example.com. Seven rooms with sixteen beds. Doubles and a quadriple all with bathrooom, A/C, fridge, TV, safe. Bike rental HUF2500 per day. Kayak rent (for max. two persons) HUF6000 per day Sgl/dbl HUF9000-10000/11000-14000 (2015).
- Piros Bika Guesthouse (Piros Bika Panzió és Fitness), Dunakeszi, Tábor u. 17/a (East of rail. Between Király St. and Jószsef St.), ☎ +36 27 348578, +36 20 9781378, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fitness facilities. HUF2750 p. p..
- Post Office, Dunakeszi #1 (Dunakeszi 1 posta), Dunakeszi, Verseny utca 4 (Post St. corner), ☎ +36 27 341404, +36 27 341603, e-mail: email@example.com. M-F 08:00-18:00, Sa 08:00-12:00.
- Esztergom visit the greatest church of all Hungary, cross the Danube and the border to Slovakia
- Vác - a bishopry capital town less than an hour away. Visit one of the nicest Square of Hungary, the only one Triumphal Arch in Hungary. The Dominican mummified corpses is definetly must to see
- Explore Visegrád with the ruined Roman Pentagon and the Gothic Royal Palace remains from early Middle Age, take a tour to the Rám Gorge ranked on the top of Hungarian Natura Sights list