Directions from Johannesburg/Pretoria.Take the N4 from Johannesburg to Nelspruit. Turn left at the Belfast turnoff. Turn right at the 5th Stop sign (Toyota Garage) onto the R540. Continue approx 35km to Dullstroom.
Dullstroom is a small fishing village set high up in the Steenkampsberg Mountain Range at an altitude of over 2100m above sea level. The town's radius is only approx. 4.5km, so it is easy to walk around the village once there. There are no transport systems within the village at this stage (Jan 2008), but there are 2 bus routes that pass through the village:
Beautiful scenery, wild flowers, fauna and flora, birds including the Crowned Crane, Blue Crane and Wattled Crane.
A Central Reservations office has been in operation for over 10 years, selecting and enlisting a variety of sleeping options for visitors. With a database of over 120 venues, options vary from self catering farm cottages to luxury lodges and hotels. Dullstroom Reservations, ☎ +27 13 254-0254, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fishing. Trout fishing is the main attraction.
- Dullstroom Bird of Prey and Rehabilitation Centre, Just off the R540, 9km outside Dullstroom towards Lydenburg, ☎ +27 13 254-0777, fax: +27 13 254-0765, e-mail: email@example.com. Flying displays at 10:30AM and 2:30PM daily.
- Mountain Bike Trails, Dullstroom.
- Arts and Crafts @icreate
- Bergen Cheese factory - Tonteldoos
- A variety of retail shops have opened over the past 10 years offering anything from country gifts, clothing, candles, art, weaving, books, antiques, Christmas goodies, homemade sweets and of course a large range of fly-fishing tackle.
Many tourist shops have opened in recent years, including Harry's Pancakes.